Player Discussion: Jordan Eberle

ThreeLeftSkates

Nov 20, 2008
He had 56 points last year. He's usually good for about 0.5 PPG. He's popular in the lockerroom and is friends with Tavares. He's solid in his own end. Who do you think the Islanders can sign as a UFA for $3M that would bring all that to the table?
56 points is a career year, he will never sniff 20 goals. Move him off the first line, 50 points becomes a dream. He makes $4 million this year. He is okay in his own end, and will get a raise if Snow is still here next year. A lot of guys on the team are friends with JT, for less money.
How much would you pay him next year?

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
56 points is a career year, he will never sniff 20 goals. Move him off the first line, 50 points becomes a dream. He makes $4 million this year. He is okay in his own end, and will get a raise if Snow is still here next year. A lot of guys on the team are friends with JT, for less money.

If he comes off another season like last one, I'm offering him 4M per over 4 years.

Metnut

Jan 19, 2013
PHP:

Assists matter too. Lots of posters who rip on Bailey also rip on Ladd for not having enough assists. Bailey has averaged 43 points a seasos over a 3 year period. He's 27.

I'm not sure what I'd offer him after this season (it would obviously depend on how he plays, whether we keep JT or rebuild, and stuff like that). But if he has another season where he stays healthy, scores 40+ points, is solid in his own zone, a 3-4 deal at $3-4M per year sounds fine to me.

LeapOnOver

Mackenzie is a hack!
Jan 23, 2011
Iksan, S. Korea
www.leaponover.com
I have watched Bailey as long as he has been here. Third line guy, not physical enough(especially for the playoffs), does not shoot enough, and overrated defensively.
Let me know what you see that I am missing. The $3.whatever million(soon to go up) they are paying him could easily get us a better hockey player.

What your missing is he does all those things AND meshes well with JT putting up 56 points. People still look at Josh Bailey's salary and think it's five years ago. Do yourself a favor and find a salary site and compare him to the people around him. If you still think you can get a better hockey player for that money then get back to me. He's getting paid the same as the players producing the same (some producing way less and sure, some producing more). In the grand scheme of things he's about where he should be on the pay scale.

The people who still rag on Josh Bailey are the people that think every 1st round draft pick should play like Tarasenko. He is what he is, he's paid fairly for what he is, and there isn't much out there better than him that's attainable.

As far as your assessment on him you aren't wrong. You just are looking at it with blinders on.

ThreeLeftSkates

Nov 20, 2008
If he comes off another season like last one, I'm offering him 4M per over 4 years.
He is making that this year. Just the kind of mediocre player Snow wants to pay too much to. If Josh is worth $4.5, CDH is worth $5.0-no question.

Seph

Sep 5, 2002
Oregon
Visit site
I have watched Bailey as long as he has been here. Third line guy, not physical enough(especially for the playoffs), does not shoot enough, and overrated defensively.
Let me know what you see that I am missing. The $3.whatever million(soon to go up) they are paying him could easily get us a better hockey player.

Over the last three seasons, Bailey is tied for 55th-63rd in ES points among all NHL forwards. The guys he is tied with are Kesler, Atkinson, T. Johnson, Granlund, Lucic, Barkov, J. Williams and
Schwartz.

Combine that with being reliable defensively and able to play any forward position and any role in the lineup as needed, and you have a pretty useful player, even if he doesn't play the style of hockey you prefer.

ThreeLeftSkates

Nov 20, 2008
Which of you guys is president of Bailey's fan club?
Back OT, how many points will Eberle get on the first line?

Rhino1985

Jul 3, 2015
Bailey bashers should direct their ire towards Kulemin...somehow this guy gets a free pass. Remember when he was on line 1 with JT?

Back to OT, Eberle goes for 30 goals, 35 assists.:yo::yo:

Local290

Jun 28, 2016
Lee-JT-Eberle could be a real disaster defensively. Put Eberle on the 2nd line and on top pp to spread the wealth offensively.

JT-Lee Bailey was one of the top lines(pts per 60 mins) in the NHL. I don't see why you would mess with that.

ThreeLeftSkates

Nov 20, 2008
If you're going to ignore the facts in favor of your opinion, seems like you're the one with the bias.
I am not ignoring the facts, but see Josh as half empty. If he is separated from Tavares, the assist total will fall like a stone.

ThreeLeftSkates

Nov 20, 2008
Bailey bashers should direct their ire towards Kulemin...somehow this guy gets a free pass. Remember when he was on line 1 with JT?

Back to OT, Eberle goes for 30 goals, 35 assists.:yo::yo:
Kulemin based ire should be directed toward Garth Snow, the guy who overpaid him.

ThreeLeftSkates

Nov 20, 2008
Lee-JT-Eberle could be a real disaster defensively. Put Eberle on the 2nd line and on top pp to spread the wealth offensively.

JT-Lee Bailey was one of the top lines(pts per 60 mins) in the NHL. I don't see why you would mess with that.
Reason #1 Righty shot
Reason #2 13 goals

ThreeLeftSkates

Nov 20, 2008
Nobody, and I mean nobody, on this board has explained how that makes the team better.
If we do not try it, we will never know.
I could also argue anatomy and physics, but that is obvious.
Tough crowd in this thread, and I expect to be underwhelmed by Eberle.

Sparksrus3

Jun 2, 2012
I'm the one on here who actually invented the nickname "Failey". So I have to laugh at you right now.

I'm a Josh Barely guy myself . Looks like we need a poll. Failey or Barely .
You either like him,hate him ,or hate him a lot.

Seph

Sep 5, 2002
Oregon
Visit site
I am not ignoring the facts, but see Josh as half empty. If he is separated from Tavares, the assist total will fall like a stone.

I gave three years of stats and most of that wasn't playing with Tavares. But whatever, continue to ignore the facts while calling others biased.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad