Player Discussion: Jordan Eberle

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
Eberle was an Assistant Captain in Edmonton, so when Capfriendly transferred him from Edmonton to NYI after the trade, they likely didn't remove the "A" that he had in Edmonton.

rikker

Jun 6, 2003
Visit site
Likely just from transferring his name to the Isles...doubt he gets an A

i haven't heard too much about his leadership abilities, but i would hope that Weight would go with established guys that have earned the respect of the current players. JT, Boychuk, Leddy, Casey, Ladd, CBuck.

let Eberle focus on his play and adapting to the new system. if he earns his teammates respect, then give him a letter next year.

Strait2thecup

Sep 1, 2016
i haven't heard too much about his leadership abilities, but i would hope that Weight would go with established guys that have earned the respect of the current players. JT, Boychuk, Leddy, Casey, Ladd, CBuck.

let Eberle focus on his play and adapting to the new system. if he earns his teammates respect, then give him a letter next year.

I'd hope cbuck doesn't have an A or respect after last season. He got was ****ing terrible

THall4

Feb 25, 2014
Edmonton, AB

Oilers fan coming in peace.

Eberle doesn't have a lick of leadership in him...He was given an A by the old regime because the kids (Hall, Ebs and Nuge) were the future and could do no wrong (all 3 held A's). He was defaulted the A last year imo due to the organization not wanting to disrespect the longest serving Oiler at the time. Players like McDavid, Lucic, Hendricks etc were looked upon for leadership more then Eberle. Not knocking on Ebs..not every good player/star player on teams have to be natural leaders or wear letters.

Anyway, Id be stunned if he wore an A in Long Island

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
20-25 goals 30-35 assists is probably right around where he'll end up.

New team, new conference, new wife, and coming his lowest shooting % of his career.

He'll either be riding shotgun with John Tavares, or getting secondary defensive assignments behind him and top powerplay unit ice time.

Also, the days of non-elite players hitting 70 points in over.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
24-39-63 +4

You've heard here first. There are his totals for next season.

Just by(e) the by(e)

20-25 goals 30-35 assists is probably right around where he'll end up.

New team, new conference, new wife, and coming his lowest shooting % of his career.

He'll either be riding shotgun with John Tavares, or getting secondary defensive assignments behind him and top powerplay unit ice time.

Also, the days of non-elite players hitting 70 points in over.

My prediction is somewhere within the above. I think he'll be in the 25 goal, 35 assist range, with a low end of about 20 goals and about 55 points.

I'd be surprised at anything less than 55 points, but also anything more than 65 points.

A Pointed Stick

No Idea About The Future
Dec 23, 2010
I think he will put up strong numbers to start with JT, at least on pace with the better totals. The correction will come in '18. He will come in with something to prove and about as good a center to do it with as he could ask for. Hopefully all the miracle chemistry being prefdcted is right. Opening success should keep lines focused on shut down vs line 1. Second half though teams will work out the right system to use and the table will shift accordingly against him.

Isles72

Feb 27, 2002
Canada
Oilers fan coming in peace.

Eberle doesn't have a lick of leadership in him...He was given an A by the old regime because the kids (Hall, Ebs and Nuge) were the future and could do no wrong (all 3 held A's). He was defaulted the A last year imo due to the organization not wanting to disrespect the longest serving Oiler at the time. Players like McDavid, Lucic, Hendricks etc were looked upon for leadership more then Eberle. Not knocking on Ebs..not every good player/star player on teams have to be natural leaders or wear letters.

Anyway, Id be stunned if he wore an A in Long Island

with hamonic gone clutterbuck probably gets the other ''A'' unless the coaches prefer a D wearing a letter alongside JT/Ladd .In that case , Boychuk , de haan or leddy might get the A

NyIsles91

Feb 24, 2017
As far as speed who would you compare eberle to on the Islanders. Wanted to get a general idea of how fast he is.

Also is carrying the puck into the zone part of his game? Would be nice to alleviate some of the pressure off JT since that's not part of Lee game

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
As far as speed who would you compare eberle to on the Islanders. Wanted to get a general idea of how fast he is.

Also is carrying the puck into the zone part of his game? Would be nice to alleviate some of the pressure off JT since that's not part of Lee game
Eberle is not fast. Pretty average maybe a bit below average speed wise. He is good at gaining the zone though. Pre Mcdavid he led the Oilers in controlled zone entries a couple of seasons.

A Pointed Stick

No Idea About The Future
Dec 23, 2010
Eberle is not fast. Pretty average maybe a bit below average speed wise. He is good at gaining the zone though. Pre Mcdavid he led the Oilers in controlled zone entries a couple of seasons.

Not fast? You'd know better than I would but his skating in general was better than the other guys he played with and against in the few Oiler games I have watched. Luck of the draw maybe?

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
Nick Leddy look-a-like.

mqdefault_6s.webp

VainGretzky

Jun 4, 2015
I defended Eberle on theses boards while he was a Oiler and I will defend no different now that he is a Islander. He will be a great fit with JT Eberle takes a huge number of shots in high scoring chance area last season numbers do not reflect how he is as a player he did not play top PP time and his Min were down in total. JT has never had a winger who gets into prime scoring like Eberle and the way JT likes to control the puck in a O zone this is a great match. Islanders won this trade easily.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
I defended Eberle on theses boards while he was a Oiler and I will defend no different now that he is a Islander. He will be a great fit with JT Eberle takes a huge number of shots in high scoring chance area last season numbers do not reflect how he is as a player he did not play top PP time and his Min were down in total. JT has never had a winger who gets into prime scoring like Eberle and the way JT likes to control the puck in a O zone this is a great match. Islanders won this trade easily.

The Oilers were never getting back the Eberle the Islanders hope to see.

Players wear out their welcome eventually, especially if the team didn't meet expectations for the majority of the time they were there. The Oilers got cap space they needed while subtracting a guy who wasn't a fit with the organization anymore.

ScaredStreit

May 5, 2006
Tampa, FL
Eberle has scored 30 goals once in his career, he's scored more than 65 points once.

I don't see him lighting up the league with JT as some are predicting. I think he'll be (yet another) solid 2nd liner for our roster.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Eberle has scored 30 goals once in his career, he's scored more than 65 points once.

I don't see him lighting up the league with JT as some are predicting. I think he'll be (yet another) solid 2nd liner for our roster.

He routinely puts up first line numbers. I think you need to take a gander at what other first line players are producing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad