Player Discussion Jordan Eberle Appreciation Thread

sepHF

Patreeky
Feb 12, 2010
Can we say his first NHL goal ended up being the nicest he ever scored for us? I can't think of another one off the top of my head that was better than that one.

Probably but you could make a 20 minute highlight reel of all the beauty goals he scored as an Oiler

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
Gotta give him my appreciation where him and Hall were among the very few that made watching the failed rebuild at least enjoyable. I'll never forget being in the building to watch his first NHL goal live. Best of luck, Ebs.

doulos

Oct 4, 2007
Was at the game when he scored his first goal against the Flames and it was simply electric. His World Jrs goals were also the thing of legend. Time to donate my Eberle jersey. It's unfortunate that a bad stretch of hockey in his final year is what people are going to remember him for, but that's pro sports for you.

McDraekke

5-14-6-1
Jan 19, 2006
Edmonton
Thanks, Ebs, for your work on the team while we were ****. Just too bad you were barely around for when things turned around. Good luck with the Islanders, and I sincerely hope you get back to 30g/75pts with Tavares et al

ujju2

Apr 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB
Was at the game when he scored his first goal against the Flames and it was simply electric. His World Jrs goals were also the thing of legend. Time to donate my Eberle jersey. It's unfortunate that a bad stretch of hockey in his final year is what people are going to remember him for, but that's pro sports for you.

Gotta keep the jersey for the feels man ;)

McStimperi

Apr 6, 2012
Finland
I started following the Oilers closely in 2010. Aside from Pitlick, who was drafted that summer, Eberle was the last player on that first Oilers team I cheered for. End of an era at least for me personally. Good memories and glimmers of hope when things were bad.

ujju2

Apr 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB
The first full season of Oilers hockey that I watched was the 2010-11 season (keep in mind that I'm 16), so it sort of makes me sad that the last player from that team is gone now. Thanks Ebs for all the years you (as well as Hall and Nuge) entertained us fans in Edmonton even while the team was ****. It's unfortunate that you have to leave when the turnaround is happening, but you'll do great with Tavares in New York.

ujju2

Apr 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB
I started following the Oilers closely in 2010. Aside from Pitlick, who was drafted that summer, Eberle was the last player on that first Oilers team I cheered for. End of an era at least for me personally. Good memories and glimmers of hope when things were bad.

LOL both of us just said the same thing.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007

It's not really the bad stretch of hockey, it's hard to divorce like the 7 really bad seasons of losing.

Unfortunately that is mainly what I will remember the Hall/Eberle era here as with a few handful of games that were memorable.

ToeMcDrag83

5-14-6-1
Aug 25, 2010
Oil Country
Thanks for some great memories, Jordan.
You gave me hope in the latter half of what was surely the darkest decade in Oilers history.
Good luck in NYI. Hope you find destiny there.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
These threads are all funny as hell. Fan base spends two years ******** all over a player then when they are gone we get a nice appreciation thread. Like all the other guys this team has shipped out.

Not all of us, but that's another discussion.

Thanks for the memories Ebs. Thanks for being one of the few bright lights during the dark years. And good luck on the Island.

Tom Collins

Aug 26, 2013
Always liked Eberle. Only player of the modern era that I have a jersey of (for now). He frustrated the hell out of me at times, and it's a shame they seemed to pile up near the end. Gonna miss him in Orange and Blue.

Good luck on the island, Ebs!

VainGretzky

Jun 4, 2015
Always liked Eberle and thought he got a lot of undeserved hate. But strangely I am ok with this trade and he will do great with JT

Supermassive

HISS, HISS
Feb 19, 2007
Sherwood Park
The first full season of Oilers hockey that I watched was the 2010-11 season (keep in mind that I'm 16), so it sort of makes me sad that the last player from that team is gone now. Thanks Ebs for all the years you (as well as Hall and Nuge) entertained us fans in Edmonton even while the team was ****. It's unfortunate that you have to leave when the turnaround is happening, but you'll do great with Tavares in New York.

You're mature beyond your years. The tantrum throwers could learn something from you. Solid poster.

On the plus side, another eastern team to watch on non-Oil nights. New Jersey, now the Isles.

Ebs will always be a special part of Oilers lore. Smoking the Flames regularly, him and Hall making Gagner a rich man (lol), and brought fans out of their seats in so many shootouts.

You're a beauty, Ebs.

Chet Manley

Apr 15, 2007
Regina, SK
I'm more a fan of Ebs now than the Hall-Ebs bro show. Just a feeling but his struggles recently haven't been lack of trying just growing pains while morphing into a more rounded player. The team sucked for a very long time at developing junior stars into pros. The struggles he is having now should have taken place 5 years ago. Anyway, sad to see him go without seeing what he'll be on the other side of this last couple of seasons. Seems a good guy and hope he excels going forward.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Management failed him, Hall, RNH and Schultz early in their careers. I wish him all the best going forward, as others have said he brought a lot of excitement to this team when we didn't have much to cheer for.

BudBundy

May 16, 2005
Thanks for the good memories. You seemed like a pretty good dude through some horrible times with ludicrously bad management. I really miss the player you were. Good luck on the Island.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad