Player Discussion Jordan Eberle Appreciation Thread

Aerrol

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Sep 18, 2014
I'm surprised I didn't see one up yet. I'll definitely miss seeing Eberle in an Oilers Jersey. He was the first prospect I saw that we had post '06 that actually excited me due to his WJC heroics, and he was (as most of this board seems to have forgotten) our most consistent scorer during the dark years. I'm really sad to see him go, but it's a business. Like Duchene, he got to play for his childhood favourite team and is now being run out of town. That has to suck.

The guy got a ton of unwarranted (and some warranted) hate from Oilers fans, but I've always been and always will be a supporter of his skillset. He was also always a class act the few times I spoke to him too.

I would really appreciate if this thread stayed free of the usual ripping on departing players. It won't, but I have to ask at least.

edit: So many great highlights from #14. I'll never forget his first goal:

OilerTyler

Disgruntled
Jul 5, 2009
Edmonton
9th in goals and 12th in points for the Oilers franchise. No one can say he didn't do a lot for the team through some of our darkest years.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
He's sincerely a better player then Oilers fans choose to remember right now. Good luck, I hope he finds all the success he can.

I like the player I like the person. He will be missed.

Beerfish

Apr 14, 2007
These threads are all funny as hell. Fan base spends two years ******** all over a player then when they are gone we get a nice appreciation thread. Like all the other guys this team has shipped out.

AddyTheWrath

Mar 24, 2015
Toronto
I'll never forget his first NHL goal against the Flames and his goal against Russia in the semifinals. He was my favorite Oiler during the decade of darkness and my first ever jersey was an Eberle one. I'll definitely miss him and I don't like seeing players get run out of town (especially when they're playing for the favorite team) but I sincerely wish him the best of luck with the Isles.

Thanks for some great hockey Ebs! :)

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
good luck Ebs!

I wish it would have worked out here. There were times it seemed like it would, when he was with McDavid last year and it seemed like there was some building chemistry there.

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
That first goal against Calgary was epic. He played with grit and energy in his first year or two and then the wheels fell off post-lockout. That AHL half season was the worse thing to happen IMO... lots of bad habits.

PaPaDee

5-14-6-1
Sep 21, 2005
Saskazoo
Sad to see him go, but the writing was on the wall unfortunately. I would have liked him back for at least one more year, but that's the way it goes. All the best Ebs.

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011
Wish him the best.

Some great memories. Certainly a brighter light in the darkness of the previous ten years.

He is a cap casualty, anyone selling he is addition by subtraction is wrong IMO.

RuneMcEres

Seasons in the Abyss
Oct 24, 2006
Bergen, Norway
That first goal against Calgary was epic. He played with grit and energy in his first year or two and then the wheels fell off post-lockout. That AHL half season was the worse thing to happen IMO... lots of bad habits.
Good point. And the losing took its toll on him as well, I'm sure. Hope he finds his desire again.

Aerrol

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Sep 18, 2014
These threads are all funny as hell. Fan base spends two years ******** all over a player then when they are gone we get a nice appreciation thread. Like all the other guys this team has shipped out.

Or, y'know, the hive mind is actually made of individual people, some of whom didn't relentlessly hate on the guy and actually appreciated what he brought.

Last edited:

Senor Catface

Jul 25, 2006

Pretty faulty logic.

You're under the assumption the fanbase has a hive mind and the same people posting here are the same ones who complained about him.

Furthermore, why is everything so black and white?

Why can't posters say "man, his play has really fallen" while appreciating all the good he did?

Last edited:

Senor Catface

Jul 25, 2006
Anyways, Eberle deserved better. I think if he was developed with the right team, his drive wouldn't have died down over the years like it seemed to.

Really sad to see him go, but that's hockey.

Diamondillium

DO YOU WANT ANTS!?
Aug 22, 2011
Edmonton, AB
Like his game or not, he is the player he is. He stuck with us through our darkest years and has done what he can to contribute, and has by all accounts been an excellent citizen for the city and team. I appreciate the time he put in here, and wish we could have had more success during his time here.

He needs a change in scenery, and I wish him all the best in New York. Enjoy the big city, Ebs!

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
The guy has 1 down season and we run him out of town. RNH better have his bags packed next off season.

Funny thing being RNH has been on down years the majority if his career. But still here. Sickening that he outlasted hall and eberle. The worst of the three.

Soliloquy of a Dogge

I love you, Boots
Aug 8, 2012
San Diego, CA
Player who had some great stretches for this organization. It's a shame that for whatever reason his compete level and interest seemed to wane to the point where his game suffered as a result of it. I was hoping he'd click with McDavid this year and entrench himself as a solid option going forward but it never panned out and unfortunately the uninspired playoff performance was the last nail in the coffin.

It will be good for Eberle to have a fresh start in New York. Wish him the best of luck and will always remember his WJC heroics and first career NHL goal against the Flames.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad