Player Discussion Jordan Eberle Appreciation Thread

DethOfDragnz

Sep 22, 2010
Edmonton, AB
A big fan of Eberle I liked his time here in Edmonton, him and Hall gave us hope during the rebuild, and his WJC goals are legendary. I wish him the best in NY.

harpoon

Dec 23, 2005
I'm imagining someone saying your words verbatim at your funeral. Try to ignore Oilyveins junior, he doesn't know where he is most of the time.
Fixed it for you.
Amazing the way people join a community and right off the bat, before they've even made enough posts to get a avatar, start pissing on community tradition. Pretty pitiful.

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
I was so stoked on the kid but management failed him and ruined him ultimately. His first two years were unbelievable. That first goal is legendary.

Gone

Fire KLowe
Aug 9, 2005
Earth
I was so stoked on the kid but management failed him and ruined him ultimately. His first two years were unbelievable. That first goal is legendary.

Best 1st goal in the NHL. Oooozzes skill. What a backhand.

Good regular season player, but disappears when the going gets rough.

He ruined himself. He is just too afraid to do what it takes to win. When you dish the puck away to lose a series rather than take a body check, you shouldn't be in the playoffs.

Chet Manley

Apr 15, 2007
Regina, SK
Best 1st goal in the NHL. Oooozzes skill. What a backhand.

Good regular season player, but disappears when the going gets rough.

He ruined himself. He is just too afraid to do what it takes to win. When you dish the puck away to lose a series rather than take a body check, you shouldn't be in the playoffs.

That's the conclusion based on his first playoff appearance? I get the GM not wanting to wait and see on the players that faded in the playoffs but it's a bit much to expect all of the first timers to thrive and just do everything it takes.

Seeing Eberle struggle was disappointing, but he's a young man and will get more chances to prove himself in the playoffs. It's still up in the air whether that goal scoring magic comes back. One of the few players this team has had that scored goals from seemingly nothing. I appreciated that part more than anything.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad