Player Discussion Joonas Kemppainen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tampbear

Apr 10, 2015
Tampa
Guys, Spooner took a pretty big spill over near the boards before you guys think he was benched

It happens.

He is also still our worst possession player even if he is getting better. I'm not entirely convinced he wouldn't be better on the wing at times.

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
This guy just doesn't do it for me.

I fully expected him to be a good 4th line posession C, who doesn't score, but is good on the PK and FO's. He's been meh on all of that, and miserable posession wise, albeit better lately.

Dime a dozen player who isn't bad for depth, but is suited as a 13th forward.

bruins repeat time

Apr 13, 2012
burlington ont canad
This guy just doesn't do it for me.

I fully expected him to be a good 4th line posession C, who doesn't score, but is good on the PK and FO's. He's been meh on all of that, and miserable posession wise, albeit better lately.

Dime a dozen player who isn't bad for depth, but is suited as a 13th forward.

I think he is going to be a very good 4th line center. I am not sure if he can produce enough to move to 3 but it is possible. We obviously only need a 4th well we have a healthy bergy, d.k and spooner

DaJackal

Aug 3, 2015
Eastern front
He seems to get only 50% of the hate he got before he got sent down. Does this mean that he learned in Providence not to massacre that many posters' kittens or what?

BigBadBruin8

@rsox1221
Jul 31, 2005
Shrewsbury, MA
I was ready to bale on him, now I'm not so sure. He's a big boy, he could turn it around.

He still sucks. Sucks bad.

Just because he now sucks a minuscule amount less people think he's made significant gains. He has not.

If before he was sucking at 10 to the 100th power, now he's at 10 to the 98th power, that's still ****ing terrible.

And yet despite that Talbot is waived again and Randell is sent to Providence for conditioning....un-****in-real.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
I was ready to bale on him, now I'm not so sure. He's a big boy, he could turn it around.

he`s been better since his recall, but truth is, he was so awful prior to that, the bar hasn`t been raised nearly enough for me to say he`s been anything more than poor to average

TheBigBadB

Feb 13, 2003
North Andover
Visit site
he`s been better since his recall, but truth is, he was so awful prior to that, the bar hasn`t been raised nearly enough for me to say he`s been anything more than poor to average

No kidding last game I had a good chuckle when Brick and Jack talked about a pass he made coming out of the zone. He has been better and that pass shows it. Low bar guys, low bar

s3antana5757

Feb 15, 2014
The headline should say something more like "KHL loses as Kemppainen leaves Bruins" or "Rest of NHL loses as Kemppainen goes to KHL". See ya.

Krupp

Apr 6, 2012
Kinda sucks; I mean, everything I read before this season had me intrigued about him.

Boy did that end up being a pile of crap. Maybe he's just built for the european game. Who knows? Glad he's not going to be here for Claude to try and wedge into the lineup down the road.

toasterjam

Sep 23, 2014
Mass
although he may have moved on, my allegiance to the Kemp's Watch is a commitment I will keep until my final days, for it is a sacred oath:

"Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Kemp's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

#KempWatch

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
I wonder if he had played as a winger would he have looked better . He just didn't have the maneuverability to be a decent NHL center .

Julien should of at least tried it. Big body, decent along the wall.

It was clear pretty early he just didn't have the wheels to play center at the NHL in today's game. Same way Greg Campbell didn't have the wheels anymore for center, nor does Chris Kelly.

Alas, the KempWatch had ended. Claude certainly shed a tear when he heard the news.

Good riddance to Kemppainen.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
although he may have moved on, my allegiance to the Kemp's Watch is a commitment I will keep until my final days, for it is a sacred oath:

"Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Kemp's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

#KempWatch

That GDT where you followed Kemppainen's every more was one of the funniest of the year. About the only positive thing that came from Kemppainen being a Bruin.

Bruinsfolife

Dec 3, 2005
Montreal
See ya later Kemp. These 1 year experiments with players from abroad have not been working out too great. There's valid reasons why someone does not make the NHL by 27 years old. Kemp did not shine in any aspect of the game of hockey.

Don't let the door hit hit ya where the good Lord split ya.

catsmasher

Mar 8, 2012
His claim to fame will be topping Jordan Caron as the most useless Bruin of the decade. Congrats Kemp! :handclap:

Jean_Jacket41

Neely = HOF
Jun 25, 2003
With the smurfs
What a waste of ice time. Did nothing offensively and wasn't that good defensively.

Bruins make the playoffs with a better player than him for those 40+ games...

Lobster57

Nov 22, 2006
Victoria, BC
What a waste of ice time. Did nothing offensively and wasn't that good defensively.

Bruins make the playoffs with a better player than him for those 40+ games...

Not defending Kemp, at all, but, considering they miss the playoffs by a tie-breaker you could literally say that about every player on the team. take a guy out, put in someone better and they are in.

Bruins make the playoffs with a better player than Bergeron for those 75+ games

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad