Player Discussion Joonas Kemppainen

Status
Not open for further replies.

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
Even nesn is saying that he'll crack the lineup, i know b's signed him to entry level. But who is this kid?

not a kid, he's like 27. More of a Soderberg type situation where he's been playing in Europe and the B's apparently liked him and convinced him to come over.

Not as skilled as Soderberg though. More of a 2-way bottom 6 guy ala Kelly.

Baddkarma

El Guapo to most...
Feb 27, 2002
Midland TX
Where does he fit?

Seems like Kelly has his spot right now with all the people that the Bruins have brought in thus far.

Montecristo

Jul 29, 2012
necer seen him but he tore it up in the liiga playoffs. Bs seem to like players that do that, signed Svedberg after he did the same in Sweden

ashnathan

Apr 22, 2014
Australia
4th line C lock. Strong on the puck, net front presence, strong on the boards, would have been real nice if Sharks threw in Donskoi in the Jones deal instead of the Miami guy, he and Kemppainen are a great duo.

I think he is gonna be a fantastic get, and prove the 'Donskoi made him' crowd aren't true even if Donskoi is the better player.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
4th line C lock. Strong on the puck, net front presence, strong on the boards, would have been real nice if Sharks threw in Donskoi in the Jones deal instead of the Miami guy, he and Kemppainen are a great duo.

I think he is gonna be a fantastic get, and prove the 'Donskoi made him' crowd aren't true even if Donskoi is the better player.

Okay-but then why do we have Rinaldo, Talbot, Kelly still on the books.

Seems like we have a plethora of 4th line players.

More trades maybe? I don't see anyone want Talbot and they don't seem like they intend to deal Kelly.

I hope I dont see Kelly on Spooner's wing. Last thing Spooner needs is somebody with stone hands.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Okay-but then why do we have Rinaldo, Talbot, Kelly still on the books.

Seems like we have a plethora of 4th line players.

More trades maybe? I don't see anyone want Talbot and they don't seem like they intend to deal Kelly.

I hope I dont see Kelly on Spooner's wing. Last thing Spooner needs is somebody with stone hands.

Talbot and Rinaldo have right now no place in the lineup and Kemppainen was finnish leagues best 2way center, pk is his speciality, has offensive skill so he will bring scoring depth and likes to play in dirty areas taking hits+ he is easily under 30y. He was also our 2nd best C in the worlds after Barkov.

There can't be a chance that Rinaldo would be in the lineup over him, talbot should be the extra forward and kelly-kemppainen-x will be the 4th line which will have extremely good D-play but if you put Rinaldo there it just kills it, you kill Kemppainen's offense completely.

toasterjam

Sep 23, 2014
Mass
nice to have healthy competition and the guys who show the most energy and desire to compete, hopefully will be the ones chosen.

Was sick of Paille/Campbell being shoe in 4th line duties, even though they weren't earning it based on their play. Also experiments with Gagne, Caron, Fraser, Cunningham didn't work so well, hopefully this next group works out better.

It will be nice to create some competition and motivation for the young guys, maybe someone will surprise us in camp and force their way into the line up, it's happened in the past.

Just hope bruins avoid a Gagne/Pandolfo type camp invite this year and just go with the guys we have.

Kemppainen, Talbot, Rinaldo, Kelly (if still with the team), Ferlin, Koko, Griffith (him and koko not really suitable for 4th line play, but if they have amazing camps and force their way into line up who knows, maybe work their way up)
How knows, maybe even one of the college or juniors guys we signed could make it.

Will be fun to see!

cska78

Nov 27, 2006
USA
www.fc-rostov.ru
I dont see any problem with Talbot or Kelly being on the roster. Kelly no higher than third, Talbot 4th. If the fin can kill pn in the NHL kelly can be traded for a no 3-4 dman if an opportunity comes along.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
So, in other words, when you play him with good players, he plays well.

Shocking :sarcasm:

I'm only looking for the guy to be a 4th line C, so it's not like the B's need 30 goals out of him.

He also wasn't product of Donskoi.

Kelly-Kemppainen-Hayes could be a pretty good 4th line.

Gordon Lightfoot

Hey Dotcom. Nice to meet you.
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2009
I dont see any problem with Talbot or Kelly being on the roster. Kelly no higher than third, Talbot 4th. If the fin can kill pn in the NHL kelly can be traded for a no 3-4 dman if an opportunity comes along.

Sure... if we throw in Marchand.

rcduthie77

Mar 31, 2007
Hamilton, Ontario
6'2" 210 plays a hybrid style of game. Strong defensively, gets into the dirty areas and mucks it up a bit.

However he's also strong on skates with good speed and acceleration. Not a natural goal scorer but can pot a few, nice hands in hands and distributes the puck well.

All in all has a solid tool box. Not going to blow anyone away and become a top 6 70pt guy but a 40pt 3rd line staple & PK regular shouldn't be out of the question at all.

ashnathan

Apr 22, 2014
Australia
Maybe the Bs won't have a true 4th line, two As and 2 Bs, the bottom of the roster at present is a mess, too many bottom 6 guys so I don't know how this is going to play out. Talbot to me is the moist expendable guy on the roster. Kelly is still very useful, Rinaldo I don't think was brought in to be a regular every game, they'll bring him in when they need to upset the opposition etc

I know Joonas is a centre and maybe BB can help here but could he slot on the wing too?

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Maybe the Bs won't have a true 4th line, two As and 2 Bs, the bottom of the roster at present is a mess, too many bottom 6 guys so I don't know how this is going to play out. Talbot to me is the moist expendable guy on the roster. Kelly is still very useful, Rinaldo I don't think was brought in to be a regular every game, they'll bring him in when they need to upset the opposition etc

I know Joonas is a centre and maybe BB can help here but could he slot on the wing too?

I say this because Kelly will be on the roster that
Kelly lw- Kemppainen C - Hayes/x, should be a good 4th line, miles better than what we had this year. Kemppainen should be used as C.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
I say this because Kelly will be on the roster that
Kelly lw- Kemppainen C - Hayes/x, should be a good 4th line, miles better than what we had this year. Kemppainen should be used as C.

Somehow I got my doubt Sweeney brought in Hayes to play on the 4th line.

Our top 9 RWs are going to be Pastrnak, Connolly (who wasn't brought here to be a 4th line player either), and Hayes. I believe Connolly like Eriksson can play both sides so they might swap sides between them.

Rinaldo, Kelly, and Talbot are on 1-way deals so there is 3 or 4 10 through 13 spot forwards.

Kemppainen should have the edge for that final roster spot based on his age and experience.

Me personally I would get rid of Kelly AND Talbot by any means they can, and go with Kemppainen/Ferlin/Randell/Rinaldo as forwards 10 through 13. With an outside shot to Koko and Griffith.

Right now we basically have Kemppainen/Ferlin/Randell/Griffith/Koko competing for one forward spot that may not even be a regular spot.

I don't see how Trader Don can justify having BOTH Kelly and Talbot here with all the young forwards knocking on the door for 4th line minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad