Player Discussion Joonas Kemppainen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bahston*

If he continues to play like he did this weekend he should be our 4th line center over talbot and Ferraro

Both of them have gone downhill the last few weeks

When bergy gets back I'd roll

Rinaldo Kemp Randall

I'd put Ferraro in there over him if he can pick up some wins on the draws
LF brings more energy thats what we need on that line

Therick67

Apr 6, 2009
South of Boston
Clode:"he's quietly emerging as the solid 2-way forward we expected him to be as displayed by his performance in today's game when he contributed a game-changing sh goal. He even won more than 5% of his face-offs. For a guy that just came back from Providence, he's showing he belongs here and after today's performance will be seeing a significant increase in ice time . I expect that he will continue to mold into a core part of this team for seasons to come."

Plus, I'm sure he's good for ratings on NESN:laugh:

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
Isn't that funny though? That's the thing he is usually great in. Hey but I'll take the solid play.

I wouldn't read into that too much. **** happens in a one game sample. I would suspect even Bergeron has had off nights. I think it was the Detroit game in November where he was horrible by his standards.

DitClapper

May 15, 2014
Ferraro -Kemp-Talbot. Only one needs to be in the lineup at a time. That simple. Any time there is more I blame Julien :nod:

I would be fine with Talbot-Kemppainen-Randell/Rinaldo. I think Ferraro's time is done. He's too weak to be an NHL player, let alone a grinder.

BigBadBruin8

@rsox1221
Jul 31, 2005
Shrewsbury, MA
People need to not get sucked in here. He's still awful. The fact that he's been simply bad the last couple games makes it seem like he's been significantly better. Optical illusion. AWFUL.

And the lineup only needs one of him, Ferraro, or Talbot, like said above. The wings should be Rinaldo and Randell, all the time. The center at this stage should probably be Talbot, which is sad in its own right, but the fact remains this clown should be in Providence on Finland, not in Boston.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
BigBadBruin8;113921095[B said:
]People need to not get sucked in here. He's still awful. [/B]The fact that he's been simply bad the last couple games makes it seem like he's been significantly better. Optical illusion. AWFUL.

And the lineup only needs one of him, Ferraro, or Talbot, like said above. The wings should be Rinaldo and Randell, all the time. The center at this stage should probably be Talbot, which is sad in its own right, but the fact remains this clown should be in Providence on Finland, not in Boston.

Exactly, Kemppainen is still a terrible hockey player, just now he's a terrible player with a bit more composure with the puck on his stick. That's the only difference between pre-AHL Kemp and post-AHL Kemp.

The only place I want Kemppainen is back in Finland and off my TV screen permanently.

13Hockey

Go Bruins
Jul 20, 2006
Boston
Kemp was fantastic completely own Seguin tonight

He has been earning a roster spot since being called up

Kemp should be the 4th line center over talbot when spooner is healthy

Caper Bruins fan

Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
Kemp was fantastic completely own Seguin tonight

He has been earning a roster spot since being called up

Kemp should be the 4th line center over talbot when spooner is healthy

He has been a much better player since being called up . Definitely a spot for him in the bottom 6 if he keeps it up .

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
Kemp certainly seems to have "gotten the message" since coming back up from Providence.

He didn't show much on the stat sheet while in Providence, but he's seemingly now 100 times the player, so I'll take it.

He should absolutely hold the spot on the fourth line over Talbot when Spooner is back.

xStanleyCupsFor

Sep 12, 2014
Good game from him. He seems to play better and is more noticeable when flanked with better wingers, Beleskey and Hayes for example. That line was very good. Still no creativity to his game but he plays Julien's heavy game. Remains to be seen he if turns into vanilla again.

trenton1

Bergeron for Hart
Dec 19, 2003
Loge 31 Row 10
He's looked a lot better recently. He's pretty slow, but he somehow gets to pucks a little quicker than I expect at times. I don't know if he is the guy, but I think the Bruins do need a big shutdown center that can frustrate other teams.

Tampbear

Apr 10, 2015
Tampa
I for one am really pleased with his improved play, if he could take over 4th line center duties that would be great. I think he is still adjusting to the NHL but could be a good shut down guy for us.

TheBigBadB

Feb 13, 2003
North Andover
Visit site
You guys don't expect much. He is has been better than terrible but still is a fringe NHLer and has been given loads of chances to succeed. Reminds me when Caron would have a "good" game.

Greek_physique

Caron - Legit SNIPER
Jul 9, 2004
Toronto, Ont
Still don't understand why he gets minutes with Hayes and Belesky in the 3rd while Spooner stayed on the bench. Good 4th line player but he shouldn't be relied on to score points late in the game

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Still don't understand why he gets minutes with Hayes and Belesky in the 3rd while Spooner stayed on the bench. Good 4th line player but he shouldn't be relied on to score points late in the game

another poster mentioned Spoons is battling something, not sure if that`s an injury, flu?

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005

Just one more reason I dislike Kemppainen.

You don't see this garbage when Talbot is the 4th line C.

Let's face it, Claude loves himself some Kemppainen. I thought the Bruins were done with this guy. The sooner Sweeney can get him out of here, the better.

Greek_physique

Caron - Legit SNIPER
Jul 9, 2004
Toronto, Ont
another poster mentioned Spoons is battling something, not sure if that`s an injury, flu?

He missed the Dallas game because of the flu; however I highly doubt that's the reason he was taken off that shift sometimes in the 3rd.

I can understand if this only happened yesterday, but it's daily trend even when he was healthy.

The only reason I can think he was of; Offensive zone faceoff and Kap is better on the draws...but even then; I don't like it.

reillysmith38

Dec 22, 2013
Guys, Spooner took a pretty big spill over near the boards before you guys think he was benched

It happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad