Waived: Joni Ortio (Nov. 25, 2015)

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
Does this come as a shock to any of you Flames fans? I always thought Ortio had high potential, I expected the Flames to waive Ramo instead.

Too bad the habs don't need another goalie.

Kahvi

Sponsor
Jun 4, 2007
Alberga
Does this come as a shock to anyone? I always thought Ortio had high potential, I expected the Flames to waive Ramo instead.

Not a bit of surprising after the way Rämö has played since Hiller's injury.

Kahvi

Sponsor
Jun 4, 2007
Alberga
Does anyone have any idea about recently injured goalies? Somebody said Pavelec is out for a while but Jets might want to give Hellebuyck some playing time in NHL. Other teams? I'd say that if some team claims Ortio it'll be to be a backup because of injury.

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
Hope he's claimed and gets a fair opportunity somewhere else. He's been horribly mismanaged this season.

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
Don't think he gets claimed. This is good for Ortio, as he'll now get to play hockey.

I'm thinking this too but scared of the chance he may get claimed. We enter next season with zero goalies if we lose Ortio. Poulin + FA signing could work until Gilles is ready to come up... but I would like to keep Oreo. It does seem to make sense that with Ortio and Gilles being so close to each other, another goalie log jam could occur...

I would assume Treliving has talked to everyone and is confident no one will claim him, that or he has disabled the phones at NHL headquarters for the next 24 hours. :laugh:

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
Not surprising.

Still think someone wil put a claim in.

Unfortunate how we handled our goalies all the way back to free agency.

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
Does this come as a shock to any of you Flames fans?

Not a shock, but a slight dissappointment. His nightmare game against the Habs has cost him to not play a game since. He needs to play, he's not developing sharing a backup net in practice.

I always thought Ortio had high potential,

He still does.

I expected the Flames to waive Ramo instead.

Ramo has started a dozen straight games.

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
Really? Who do your sources have picking up Ortio?

This season is Murphy's law. It's almost set in stone not to expect the best.

- Brodie getting injured during TC
- Byron getting claimed
- Team losing the first two 7-game segments
- Ramo clearing waivers instead of getting claimed
- Gillies gets injured.
---------------------------------------------------------
- Ortio getting claimed
- Miss out on playoffs in the easiest division to make the playoffs where 18th place team in the standings could potentially squeeze in.
- Jankowski deciding he wants to go UFA
- Still miss out on Auston Matthews, Jesse Puljujarvi, Patrik Laine, Matthew Tkachuk, and Jakob Chychrun. Meanwhile watch Oilers fans gloat about McDavid.
- Gaudreau and Monahan put up big stats and then get signed to contracts that are too expensive to build a championship around.

I'd toss in "most of the prospects seem to have regressed this season".

May 27, 2012
Earth
This season is Murphy's law. It's almost set in stone not to expect the best.

- Brodie getting injured during TC
- Byron getting claimed
- Team losing the first two 7-game segments
- Ramo clearing waivers instead of getting claimed
- Gillies gets injured.
---------------------------------------------------------
- Ortio getting claimed
- Miss out on playoffs in the easiest division to make the playoffs where 18th place team in the standings could potentially squeeze in.
- Jankowski deciding he wants to go UFA
- Still miss out on Auston Matthews, Jesse Puljujarvi, Patrik Laine, Matthew Tkachuk, and Jakob Chychrun. Meanwhile watch Oilers fans gloat about McDavid.
- Gaudreau and Monahan put up big stats and then get signed to contracts that are too expensive to build a championship around.

I'd toss in "most of the prospects seem to have regressed this season".

It's time to get off HFboards.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad