Player Discussion Jones signs 2 year extension

Senor Catface

Jul 25, 2006
Not 100 percent sure how he fits in the big picture with the d-core going forward, but the price is right.

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
Good work. Gives him a bit of a raise. Likely guarantees his money onto a one-way contract, and if for some reason he can't stick, it's less than $1M and can be fully allocated to the AHL.

Really a no-lose contract if he doesn't work out and possibly a big win if he breaks out like Bear did this year kicking his contract out to one year before Klefbom's expires allowing team to make a decision at that time based on how Klefbom, him and possibly Nurse are going and when Broberg should be getting ready to make the team.

duul

Jun 21, 2010
Pretty good if we can get ride of Russell and Larsson, we could free up a bunch of cap space.

And hey, you see Bouchard lately down in the AHL? He's a stud. He's probably ready, and I think he's a better player than Jones/Russell/Benning/Manning/Larsson right now.

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
Pretty good if we can get ride of Russell and Larsson, we could free up a bunch of cap space.

And hey, you see Bouchard lately down in the AHL? He's a stud. He's probably ready, and I think he's a better player than Jones/Russell/Benning/Manning/Larsson right now.
Offensively he’s easily better than all of them, in fact probably all of our D. He’s still learning the rest of the game though.

LMFAO

May 20, 2010
Dont know where he fits long term... I expected

Klefbom - Bouchard
Nurse - Bear
Russel - Benning

For next season

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
Sign n trade!!!

on a not serious note, Holland could have done better. 50K too much for my liking

Not sure if there is sarcasm here, but really? It's only $150K over league minimum in Year 1 and $100K over league minimum in Year 2 (assuming it's spread equally). Not much to haggle over here.

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
He played well last night. Can't complain about his game like I used to and that contract is steal.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad