Confirmed with Link: Jonathan Toews (will not re-signed, final game tonight)

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Since the on ice product wont be much the Hawks should go ahead and have 6 jersey retirement nights

Seabrook night
Keith night
Toews night
Wilson night
Larmer night
Crawford night

giza

Jul 19, 2011
That was really special last night....he's been such a great Blackhawk on so many levels for so many years.....he'll be missed, I hope he retires and takes some quality time off from the game. He clearly doesn't need to work the rest of his lift, but it would be nice to keep him in ChiTown working with the Hawks in some capacity.

Salvaged Ship

Oct 9, 2013
This year we had 2 future but aging HOF legendary Hawks on the team with mostly crap, now both HOF legends are gone and we are left with only the mostly crap. Draft picks take so long to develop if ever, this thing is so far from being even a playoff team its not even funny. I can’t see big spending on free agents, this team is so bad it would have to overspend to get a decent player. All is riding on what, a less than 20% chance of winning the sweepstakes for one kid? This looks minimum 3-5 years to being a potential playoff team and that is with the need for many kids to develop into above average NHL players. Tough, really tough. If they don’t get Bedard I just wonder with the legend players now gone what the attendance will look like. The hangover from cups has to be drying up.

Drumman44

Kyle Beach Deserved Better
May 2, 2017
This year we had 2 future but aging HOF legendary Hawks on the team with mostly crap, now both HOF legends are gone and we are left with only the mostly crap. Draft picks take so long to develop if ever, this thing is so far from being even a playoff team its not even funny. I can’t see big spending on free agents, this team is so bad it would have to overspend to get a decent player. All is riding on what, a less than 20% chance of winning the sweepstakes for one kid? This looks minimum 3-5 years to being a potential playoff team and that is with the need for many kids to develop into above average NHL players. Tough, really tough. If they don’t get Bedard I just wonder with the legend players now gone what the attendance will look like. The hangover from cups has to be drying up.

We are 3 seasons away from picking later than 10th overall IMO.

Reactions: Melrose Munch

Melrose Munch

Mar 18, 2007
Since the on ice product wont be much the Hawks should go ahead and have 6 jersey retirement nights

Seabrook night
Keith night
Toews night
Wilson night
Larmer night
Crawford night

Chelios night. Give Seabrook a skate around.

But the Hawks will be bad next year. Hopefully, we get Bedard and start getting better from there.

BLKHKhockey

Aug 28, 2009
I know it's hard to speculate due to his health, but:

Do you guys think JT failed to change his game as he got older? The players who play to later ages seem to develop a more cerebral and efficient game. Johnny's success largely came from having that dog in him. As he got older it seemed ike he was trying to play the same grinding game as when he was young and it has obviously been not that successful.

Was he always destined to fall off because of this, or was there a missed opportunity for him to develop a more efficient game as he passed his prime? Might not be the best examples because all three played a smart game from early on in their careers, but I'm thinking of guys like Bergeron, Kopitar, Crosby.

Reactions: Pez68

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
I know it's hard to speculate due to his health, but:

Do you guys think JT failed to change his game as he got older? The players who play to later ages seem to develop a more cerebral and efficient game. Johnny's success largely came from having that dog in him. As he got older it seemed ike he was trying to play the same grinding game as when he was young and it has obviously been not that successful.

Was he always destined to fall off because of this, or was there a missed opportunity for him to develop a more efficient game as he passed his prime? Might not be the best examples because all three played a smart game from early on in their careers, but I'm thinking of guys like Bergeron, Kopitar, Crosby.
All those guys have the energy to use their intelligence strength and sheer f***ing will when they need it. Toews doesn't. Dude got hurt/sick. Time comes for us all.

It's a physical thing to me. Just an opinion.

Reactions: LavalPhantom

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street

Seabrook night
Keith night
Toews night
Wilson night
Larmer night
Crawford night

Chelios as well.....

Their best bet would be doing what the Rangers did with Bathgate/Graves, both get a retirement and you do them relatively close together.

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
A032BC9B-9F02-405A-8A5F-CA5D723BF59A.jpeg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad