Confirmed with Link: Jonathan Toews (will not re-signed, final game tonight)

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
854D7D6C-E375-42EB-8A28-C366272E67A0.jpeg

Reactions: CourtneyDagger50

Muffinalt

Mar 1, 2016
Hungary
I don't understand not bringing them back. I understand it from an on ice standpoint, but these are two guys that resurrected the franchise, were the pillars in its most important time, and have been loyal faces for nearly two decades.

Who cares that someone like Jason Dickinson is more valuable at this point, what is there to lose in another season of play.

Like wtf.

At least they're giving Toews althe chance to be properly sent off, but unless he's confirmed retiring (which very well could be the case), I just don't get it.

And as for Kane... if he's in the same boat... man, the f***.

Reactions: CourtneyDagger50

BLKHKhockey

Aug 28, 2009
I don't understand not bringing them back. I understand it from an on ice standpoint, but these are two guys that resurrected the franchise, were the pillars in its most important time, and have been loyal faces for nearly two decades.

Who cares that someone like Jason Dickinson is more valuable at this point, what is there to lose in another season of play.

Like wtf.

At least they're giving Toews althe chance to be properly sent off, but unless he's confirmed retiring (which very well could be the case), I just don't get it.

And as for Kane... if he's in the same boat... man, the f***.
Young guys will get opportunities on and off the ice that they otherwise wouldn't with T & K here. It's tough, but it's for the best.

Reactions: Jakey53

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
STILL upset that his goal against Minnesota was called off. That would’ve been such a cool fan moment to see his last goal as a Hawk live.

I’m not sure how I feel about Toews and Kane not being wanted back. Assuming we don’t get Bedard there’s going to be nothing to watch on this team except Reichel really. With nothing else to play for I’d like to see Kane break some more milestones and finish his career as a Hawk.

I hope Toews retires, he gives off the impression that he’s done in the media and seeing him play live you can see it on his face. But if he still wants to play I don’t see the harm in having him in the lineup.

goldenbladz1

Feb 11, 2015
Toews was my favorite player and it's sad to finally see the end. I actually hope he retires as he really doesn't have anything left to prove at this point. Still hoping for Bedard and hope that last win wasn't too costly but loved seeing the Hawks knock the Pens out of the playoffs.

Chuck Testa

Mar 27, 2017
Well I must say, I did not foresee Toews career as a Hawk coming to an end like this. The team is awful, Kane's gone, it's just a really low point in the franchise's recent history (apart from the Beach situation).

I want to see him have a good game to wrap up his career in Chicago. Heck, score 3 goals for all I care just make sure that the other team scores more :naughty:.

7-5 loss let's gooooo. Let's get this disaster of a season over and done with please.

Wally1112pac

Three Year Rebuild lol
Jul 10, 2019
I was watching his first game with 2 buddies and said that he would score on his first shot and he did. I jumped off the couch and banged my head but it totally worth it.

He's been my fave player his whole career. Sad that his health has lessened his on ice value.

Hopefully we can draft the next Franchise changer like Toews this draft.

deytookerjaabs

Johnny Paycheck's Tank Advisor
Sep 26, 2010
Eastern Shore
I guess if you're going to rebuild it's better to have a bunch of fringe players trying to set a blue collar example as opposed to skating with once elite talents whom are having a hard time finishing a shift.

Knew this day was a long time coming but it still sucks.

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
It very much reads like Davidson doesn't want him back, which is honestly a point in his favor.

Thanks for everything Jonny. Was at your first game as a Hawk. Might call off work to be at your last.
I’m surprised Davidson made sure to get that point across rather than affording Toews a facade where it’s his decision.

Reactions: scorehawks

Salvaged Ship

Oct 9, 2013
He needs to retire and be part of the organization going forward if he wants to. I do not want to see him as a shell of himself with health issues playing sporadically on another team. Anyone who thinks he didn’t give everything he had for this franchise including his health is pretty sad.

My favorite Hawk, thank you Cap and look forward to that number being raised to the rafters as well as your HOF speech.

nmgrbhfn

Mar 27, 2018
I’m surprised Davidson made sure to get that point across rather than affording Toews a facade where it’s his decision.
That might be what the ownership wants to see, more “young turk” and less “country club/old boys’ network” maybe?

Plus even though he wasn’t my favorite Hawk, I have some sympathy for Tazer, what with his pulling a Roy Batty and wearing out too soon. When it became clear that he was part of the problem, and no longer the solution, even Jonny must have had a few awkward moments with the team as mgmt viewed him grudgingly like, “what happened to you? why aren’t you like Patrice or Sidney?” The showtime Hawks were made beautifully, but not to last.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad