NFL: Jonathan Taylor requests trade - Colts tell him to go find one - put on PUP to start season

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Irsay had back-to-back generational quarterbacks, and nowadays you couldn't pay either of them to show up at a Colts function.

It's more of a surprise that there are players in demand that don't want out.

& only one ring to show for it.

Almost forgot about the dumbest banner in sports. This was totally his idea.

screen-shot-2015-06-11-at-4-08-03-pm.png

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
good hope he gets his trade deserves to be paid.
Honestly, I don't see him getting moved. He'd probably would at the TDL since I don't expect Indy to contend for a WC spot while breaking in AR at QB.

If he got moved at the TDL like to Buffalo or another team, say in the NFC, would the new team just tag him like LV, NYG, Dal did to their RBs? If that team is paying big for a QB and other pieces, probably not going to tag a RB at $10 mill. But, in a TDL deal, there is only $5 mill left and the Colts could pick up half or so of the remaining contract to drop him to like $2.5 mill for the acquiring team.

Colts need him to take pressure off AR. Would promising to not tag him be enough to get him to play this season?

stats1

Jul 22, 2022
Bring him to Buffalo, him in the backfield with their passing game would be a killer mix.

The Note

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 13, 2011
KCMO
How often does this step result in the player finding a trade partner?
Seems like recently this move has been a precursor to an extension rather than a trade. I just can't see a team meeting both the Colts reported asking price via trade then signing him to a long term deal.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Seems like recently this move has been a precursor to an extension rather than a trade. I just can't see a team meeting both the Colts reported asking price via trade then signing him to a long term deal.
I hope Taylor isn't expecting an extension when he walks through the door. That's going to be the key thing for any club interested in his services. It would be based on seeing what he does in 2023. Maybe, the only thing they offer him is the promise or agreement not to tag him if the return is like a 4th round pick. If you are Buffalo, and the price is a 4th for a guy who only costs you a cap hit of $4.3 mill for his base salary only, you should go ahead and pull the trigger.

He's coming off a bit of a down year and an injury. A team that hasn't had him isn't going to pony up $25 mill plus in guaranteed money.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Irsay is definitely on the pills again
Because Indy seat a first for Trent Richardson he expects another team to do the same?

Maybe he nets a 2nd at best and probably only if he doesn’t demand a new deal when he arrives. Can’t imagine a team wants to drop $25 mill plus in guaranteed money on Taylor right now.

A team probably would look to pay like a 3rd or 4th for him at the trade deadline. Then let him hit free agency vs pay him $10 mill. Assuming they have a non rookie contract QB.

buffalowing88

Aug 11, 2008
Charlotte, NC
Bring him to Buffalo, him in the backfield with their passing game would be a killer mix.

We have four RBs set for the roster already (Cook, Murray, Harris, Ty Johnson). We also have a shitty offensive line so I don't think even Taylor would be able to rectify that situation.

Gonna just be a long year of Allen scrambling, running, and throwing.

stats1

Jul 22, 2022
We have four RBs set for the roster already (Cook, Murray, Harris, Ty Johnson). We also have a shitty offensive line so I don't think even Taylor would be able to rectify that situation.

Gonna just be a long year of Allen scrambling, running, and throwing.
Which is crazy considering it’s been an issue ever since he was drafted

buffalowing88

Aug 11, 2008
Charlotte, NC
Which is crazy considering it’s been an issue ever since he was drafted

Indeed. We have guys who Josh considers to be his friends but they suck. Kelly wasn't a stud until Will Wolford made his own leap in '87. Guy cleaned up everything and was paid well in return.

I don't know that we have a Wolford, this year. I also don't know that Morse is going to be sustainable for an entire season. More than likely, we're going to see Josh save us in games and we will begin building towards a new window. This one just doesn't seem to have the gas.

stats1

Jul 22, 2022
Indeed. We have guys who Josh considers to be his friends but they suck. Kelly wasn't a stud until Will Wolford made his own leap in '87. Guy cleaned up everything and was paid well in return.

I don't know that we have a Wolford, this year. I also don't know that Morse is going to be sustainable for an entire season. More than likely, we're going to see Josh save us in games and we will begin building towards a new window. This one just doesn't seem to have the gas.
Dude I’m a Leaf fan, all I heard in my teens and 20’s was how great Sundin and Mogilny were! All scoring zero talk or moves made for protection or D. Just brutal

stats1

Jul 22, 2022
I just want Beane to eventually wake up and realize it’s not just about dance moves and TD’s anymore and making money for the stadium. It’s coming.. now comes trophy time. Legacy time! And he failed immediately. I like the Kinkaid pick, maybe more so than others. But at this point it’s gotta be heavy on O line man. People screaming for Jordan Addison…. Are you nuts!

Like Kinkaid was decent but trading down for some nice O line picks and getting depth was the proper move

stats1

Jul 22, 2022
This team not only lacks stars we lack general depth.. Elam better perform this year

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
I just want Beane to eventually wake up and realize it’s not just about dance moves and TD’s anymore and making money for the stadium. It’s coming.. now comes trophy time. Legacy time! And he failed immediately. I like the Kinkaid pick, maybe more so than others. But at this point it’s gotta be heavy on O line man. People screaming for Jordan Addison…. Are you nuts!

Like Kinkaid was decent but trading down for some nice O line picks and getting depth was the proper move
They took the OG from Florida in round 2.
He should start for them. Wasn’t the greatest OL depth in this draft. Top OT always go early. After that unless the IOL are top notch they will wait on them.

Tony Romo

Sep 25, 2011
Dolphins taking a very Rams approach to roster build and I for one and am all for it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad