Rumor: Jonathan Drouin wants out of Tampa

Status
Not open for further replies.

thepuckmonster

Professional Winner.
Oct 25, 2011
Vancouver
There are people who *wouldnt* do the Edler + Vey for Drouin + cap dump + 2nd/3rd pick?

Am I taking crazy pills here? What exactly do you think the value of Edler is around the league if you wouldn't give him up from Drouin plus a pretty decent pick?

They don't need Edler, they have Garrison and Stralman on the left.

They'd want Tanev.

thepuckmonster

Professional Winner.
Oct 25, 2011
Vancouver
Garrison is more than capable of playing the right side, and isn't Stralman a RHD?

IDK I was reading their threads and LHD doesn't seem to be a need for them, apparently Koekkoek is ready.

They need an offensive minded RHD apparently.

Love

Feb 29, 2012
IDK I was reading their threads and LHD doesn't seem to be a need for them, apparently Koekkoek is ready.

They need an offensive minded RHD apparently.

Anthony Deangelo is better than anything we can offer in that regard.

Ace101

Apr 2, 2014
One of the problems with getting Drouin is Benning having to trade with Yzerman. With the Bishop, St. Louis (trade where he was basically forced to trade him to New York), and the Garrison trade I'm not sure I want Benning negotiating against him.

Jimson Hogarth*

Nov 21, 2013
I would consider trading Edler for Drouin before Horvat/McCann

Re-sign Hamhuis

Pray for our Blueline 2016

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007
Some rumors about on Reddit about how Drouin is just a giant ****** and entitled **** bag makes me very worried.

I'm not sure we want to go through that again (Kassian), extremely skilled player but with a **** attitude.

I'm not 100% sure we can talk about rumors on here but if that is true then I do not want him around. I bet GMs know what the issue is with Drouin and if the rumors are true.

If the rumors are true: stay away
If the rumors are just rumors: It's fine as long as we do not trade McCann, Boeser, Horvat, Tanev, 1st 2016 (Which isn't happening)

but but but we have what no other team has: dorsett and prust to mentor him.

ginner classic

Dammit Jim!
Mar 4, 2002
Douglas Park
If we trade Tanev or Edler we have to get a top tier prospect back on D in the package. Our D is already the worst in my 35 years watching the team. Ourd prospects lack a single blue chipper. There is no way in hell I'd burn the only valuable trade chips we have on a small skilled winger that has yet to prove he has the will to work hard. Not a chance. Pass.

Ace101

Apr 2, 2014
If we trade Tanev or Edler we have to get a top tier prospect back on D in the package. Our D is already the worst in my 35 years watching the team. Ourd prospects lack a single blue chipper. There is no way in hell I'd burn the only valuable trade chips we have on a small skilled winger that has yet to prove he has the will to work hard. Not a chance. Pass.

None of our positions have a blue chipper except maybe in goal with Demko. Drouin wouldn't be as highly regarded if he didn't work hard. There's no way he would've had all his junior success and put up 32 points in his first 70 NHL games then 8 in his next 19. Unless he's one of the most talented guy in the league who can put up points by slacking off. Lots of Tampa fans were saying he was their best player before he got injured. If a 20 year old kid can look better then Stamkos, Kucherov, and Palat to that teams fans, I'd take the risk on him we're not contending for anything but a lottery pick.

BeardyCanuck03

@BeardyCanuck03
Jun 19, 2006
twitter.com

Agreed, if Benning makes a big move it'll be for Hamonic (who hasn't been traded yet strangely).

The Canucks issues stem from the blueline and adding Drouin won't change that.

If the price is right for Drouin, go for it, but I don't think the Canucks have the right pieces to get him.

The Drop

Rain Drop, Drop Top
Jul 12, 2015
Vancouver
That was in 2014 and if he were to waive to go anywhere you'd have think that Tampa would be at the top of the list. I understand what you're saying but if we're serious about this rebuild I think it's a move I'd be interested in making.

I'd do that trade too

BeardyCanuck03

@BeardyCanuck03
Jun 19, 2006
twitter.com
Sure, I can see that from TB's perspective. But why would Canuck fans be wanting *more* in this deal? It's a good deal already for us.

How does this help the Canucks build a contender in the future? They are already thin on the blueline.

McCann, Boeser, Shinkaruk, Virtanen, Horvat, Baertschi are all good offensive prospects. None of them have the Jr resume that Drouin has but do we really want to see the Canucks go the same route as the Oilers and have all offense and no defense?

pahlsson

Mar 22, 2012
How does this help the Canucks build a contender in the future? They are already thin on the blueline.

McCann, Boeser, Shinkaruk, Virtanen, Horvat, Baertschi are all good offensive prospects. None of them have the Jr resume that Drouin has but do we really want to see the Canucks go the same route as the Oilers and have all offense and no defense?

how about the no offense and no defense route

which team's route is that

thepuckmonster

Professional Winner.
Oct 25, 2011
Vancouver
Edler's value is higher than fans think for sure.

I don't disagree, I'm just saying it doesn't fit a need.

---

Also, can we all have a good LOL over Colorado fans offering Barrie for Drouin? All you have to do is google "Len Barrie Tampa Bay" to find out why that will never happen in this universe.

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver
I don't disagree, I'm just saying it doesn't fit a need.

---

Also, can we all have a good LOL over Colorado fans offering Barrie for Drouin? All you have to do is google "Len Barrie Tampa Bay" to find out why that will never happen in this universe.

I wasn't disagreeing with you, I'm actually against trading for Drouin.
Bye, Barrie is good but they need to add more, plus Colorado don't need any more young forwards.

thepuckmonster

Professional Winner.
Oct 25, 2011
Vancouver
I wasn't disagreeing with you, I'm actually against trading for Drouin.
Bye, Barrie is good but they need to add more, plus Colorado don't need any more young forwards.

Seriously though, Len Barrie ****ed that team over righteously.

If Yzerman has a brain he would never let Tyson Barrie near that team.

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
Drouin. Callahan/Carle (cap dump)

McCann. 2nd. 4th 2017

Go forward into next year with better pieces.

Sedins Hansen (set)
Drouin Horvat Callahan
Burrows Sutter Virtanen
Kenins Crack Dorsett

Trade Vrbata and Higgins for whatever.
Keep our 1st, most likely get a top 10 pick. Plus atleast 2 more picks from selling at the deadline.
Since K2B took over...

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
Yeah but I'll like to get another thee young peace back, like a B+ prospect

Drouin is as elite as a prospect as we're going to find. Straight up it's fine. The added pick is to take on Carle for salary purposes.

There are people who *wouldnt* do the Edler + Vey for Drouin + cap dump + 2nd/3rd pick?

Am I taking crazy pills here? What exactly do you think the value of Edler is around the league if you wouldn't give him up for both Drouin and a pretty decent pick? We certainly aren't going to get Drouin any cheaper than that.

I know. That's a very good deal for Vancouver.

CanaFan

Feb 19, 2010
BC

Because 20 y/o cost-controlled Drouin is currently a better and more valuable asset than 30 y/o Edler on a $5M AAV contract. Long term you build a contender by acquiring better assets when the opportunity arises, not turning them down because of positional need. You can always trade Drouin for a better or younger D man than Edler down the road or do the same with one of Shinkaruk or Baertschi or whomever. Positional needs can be addressed when this team has acquired a core of strong talent but worrying about it now (while we are still on the way down) is a mistake.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad