Rumor: Jonathan Drouin wants out of Tampa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryp37

Nov 6, 2011
29 teams will be interested, waiting to see what Stevie Y's gonna say this afternoon

arttk

Feb 16, 2006
Los Angeles
No assets to make that acquisition.
This is what happens when you bleed away assets left and right.

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
29 teams will be interested, waiting to see what Stevie Y's gonna say this afternoon

^ This. It was also rumored that Tampa was scouting the Blues pretty hard lately. With the rise of Parayko I could see them moving one of their RDs for him.

Personally, I'd throw out an offer of Virtanen for Drouin straight up.

TheWolf*

May 3, 2015
No assets to make that acquisition.
This is what happens when you bleed away assets left and right.

They have plenty of assets they could use to make that deal.....whether they want to deal those assets is another question.

Gaunce4gm

Trusted Hockey Man
Dec 5, 2015
Victoria B.C.
I'd walk away if they ask for Horvat or McCann. Gaunce, Shink, Subban, and Cassels are all fair game. Maybe we can get them to take Sbisa for Drouin straight up? :sarcasm: I mean he IS a cost controlled dman and ask Willie D he can play both left and right

TheWolf*

May 3, 2015
^ This. It was also rumored that Tampa was scouting the Blues pretty hard lately. With the rise of Parayko I could see them moving one of their RDs for him.

Personally, I'd throw out an offer of Virtanen for Drouin straight up.

Virtanen's value is at an all time low. I think it would take Horvat.

arttk

Feb 16, 2006
Los Angeles
They have plenty of assets they could use to make that deal.....whether they want to deal those assets is another question.

1st round too valuable. Used to have 2 2nd rounds but only have one now.

Don't really have any attractive prospects to swap. Only one might be Boeser or McCann.

Virtanen's stock is pretty low so I doubt that has that much value.

Gaunce4gm

Trusted Hockey Man
Dec 5, 2015
Victoria B.C.
I think Horvat is a superior player than Drouin already. Tampa would have to add imo... The thing with Horvat is even if he's in a scoring slump he still brings Faceoff prowess and strong forechecking. Drouin just disappears completely and when he's sent to the minors he whines about it. If we sent horvat to Utica he wouldn't demand a trade

Jimson Hogarth*

Nov 21, 2013
1st round too valuable. Used to have 2 2nd rounds but only have one now.

Don't really have any attractive prospects to swap. Only one might be Boeser or McCann.

Virtanen's stock is pretty low so I doubt that has that much value.

Two 2nds isn't getting it done.

TheWolf*

May 3, 2015
And Drouin? Also, if you only put stock into a tournament where most of the team struggled, then you're doing a poor job evaluating talent.

I suspect if you canvassed all the talent evaluators in the NHL, NHL GMs and NHL pundits, the overwhelming majority would state that Drouin has a better chance of becoming an impact player than Virtanen.

BenningHurtsMySoul

Unfair Huggy Bear
Mar 18, 2008
Port Coquitlam, BC
I would trade Horvat/2nd for him. Not a lot more.

Virtanen isn't worth anything and McCann is too important to trade.

Our first should 150% be off limits, especially for what is still an unknown commodity.

66Sniper

Dec 29, 2015
No way i trade Horvat for him. Horvat is the better player.

The only top prospects that i would consider moving for Drouin is Virtanen or/and Shinkaruk.

There's no way i trade any of Horvat, McCann, Demko, Boeser for Drouin.

TheWolf*

May 3, 2015
I would trade Horvat/2nd for him. Not a lot more.

Virtanen isn't worth anything and McCann is too important to trade.

Our first should 150% be off limits, especially for what is still an unknown commodity.

Weird, McCann now has more value than Horvat?

While I am down on Virtanen, he is certainly worth a lot more than nothing.

Ace101

Apr 2, 2014
Virtanen+second+prospect or Horvat straight up(not sure if I'd do it I'd think about it.

TheWolf*

May 3, 2015
Virtanen, the CBJ (still think that abbreviation is hilarious) 2nd and Shinkaruk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad