Player Discussion Jonathan Drouin: To C Or Not to C

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Weber has missed half the games (or more?) Subban has played since the trade and hes looking like he’ll be missing more games.

The Subban Weber trade is the worst trade of all times.
Weber played 70% of all available games so far, PK played 90%.

Holy overreaction Batman.

Le Tricolore

Boo! BOOOO!
Aug 3, 2005
Montreal
I want to be proven wrong, but Drouin seems like a lot of skill, but no heart. I don't see that changing anytime soon.

The French media salivate at the thought of Drouin being top-10 in the league in points, but that'll never happen. He's overrated by our media, as they're wishfully hoping he pans out.

Even with a real centre, I don't see him perform up to some people's expectations.
I agree that he'd never be a top 10 player, but I think he could be a very useful part of our offense. He could put up 60 or so points (maybe 70-75 in a great year), IMO.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
I agree that he'd never be a top 10 player, but I think he could be a very useful part of our offense. He could put up 60 or so points (maybe 70-75 in a great year), IMO.
Drouin is not a good enough player at ES to ever put up more than 50. He sucks at even strength, and thats why he sucks. Every year he had some relative success, his PP points were up.

the

Mar 2, 2012
Montreal
I remember when some fans were saying Drouin is a upgrade over Radulov. It was insulting to compare Drouin to a player like Radulov in the first place.

I was hoping we traded for a good player but he’s not the game changer we were looking for. There’s no edge or emotion to his game. For a guy with all his skill he’s very underwhelming.

He’s still young and there’s still time for him to develop but he felt very entitled in Tampa Bay and when he finally got the big stage with the big contract he failed to deliever.

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
I was a Chucky fan who while unable to say he could have been a top 6C , can say that Chucky was not developed properly and ought to have been given a better opportunity to be a centre, especially last year.

I take note of the difference in opportunity between Chucky and Drouin.

However, I have never had an issue with giving Drouin the opportunity to be play centre. My sole concern is that it messes up the player and his game. If he can be a top line playmaking winger , let him be that.

LOL. Galchenyuk was a 50-60 point player. That's easily top-6.

We'll see how 9-goal wonderkid works out, and whether he will win more games of us than he gets games suspended.

Reactions: Kaperi Spacey

PhysicX

Nov 17, 2010
MTL
A season at or over 60 points would surprise me, and would make me happy. I wish him many such seasons. I just hope there's another gear to his play.

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
Drouin is not a good enough player at ES to ever put up more than 50. He sucks at even strength, and thats why he sucks. Every year he had some relative success, his PP points were up.
Assuming he plays at least 75 games, he'll put up 50+ this year easily. The player we saw last year was a player struggling with position and pressure who had no chemistry with anyone, but that isn't the real Jonathan Drouin. A comfortable and confident Drouin with linemate chemistry is going to be a 60+ point guy in the NHL easily.

Reactions: Draft and jj cale

Cobra Commander

Sep 30, 2017
Bell Center
Drouin is the new DesHarnais, this Org is pathetic with their biased French bulls**t.

1934468_993708107370723_4596915536808163876_n.jpg

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Assuming he plays at least 75 games, he'll put up 50+ this year easily. The player we saw last year was a player struggling with position and pressure who had no chemistry with anyone, but that isn't the real Jonathan Drouin. A comfortable and confident Drouin with linemate chemistry is going to be a 60+ point guy in the NHL easily.
Yeah, maybe at wing, when playing with Kucherov on the other side. He's just not good enough to put up more than 30 points at ES, maybe in a career year where he's shooting at 18% from the perimeter.

Le Tricolore

Boo! BOOOO!
Aug 3, 2005
Montreal
He's already had more than 50 points. He also put up 46 in 77 games on a pathetic Canadiens' team last year.

Genesis76

True Leader
May 3, 2013
And both were all the games available... So, really, it doesn't matter, you're holding Weber accountable for Bergevins mistakes.

Even if they did the playoffs this year, Weber would have missed them all.

Last year we were 1 or 2 goals away from moving to the next round... thats 1 or 2 goals Weber could of scored.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
It is. If you only removed those big weird glasses one day you might see it.

The point you made was that Weber was injured... Now you're making the point that Subban played more games because he's on a better team... Jesus.

You might actually be PK, that wouldn't even surprise me.

Bryson

#EugeneMolson
Jun 25, 2008
The point you made was that Weber was injured... Now you're making the point that Subban played more games because he's on a better team... Jesus.

You might actually be PK, that wouldn't even surprise me.

The "team" is better because of Subban, not in spite of him. He is their best defenseman.

Reactions: Peanut

jackeymoon

Tropical!
Jan 16, 2018
Northern Ontario
Drouin is a very good player. We saw flashes of that last year. I wish we could just play him on the wing, though. He's obviously more suited for that role.

I know it's an exaggeration but in small samples DSP looked dominant as well.... Drouin has always been inconsistent and never has been as good as the hype

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
The "team" is better because of Subban, not in spite of him. He is their best defenseman.

Who cares... Thats not even the point. He said Weber was injured and that diminishes his value, pointed out that was ridiculous considering both missed time in their two seasons, now he's dismissing the shit and making shit up, like he does

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad