Player Discussion Jonathan Drouin - Redemption Now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014
I like this article alot, some people think he is lazy but i never had that impression. When he starts playing badly he seems to be overthinking the game and freezes. I hope he’s working hard with a sport psychologist because the mental part of the game seems to be the one preventing him to reach that other level.

A bad Drouin is a hesitant Drouin.

A Drouin that plays instinctively will cough up the puck less, even if the chances he takes will still lead to some turnovers. However, the upside of Drouin that plays with instinct far outweighs a hesitant Drouin.

Reactions: KKforprez

Jul 6, 2016
When he is not in the limelight, he is doing better. Not your go to guy. A good secondary forward.

Reactions: Walrus26

Megaforce

Would Toffoli/Allen/Edmunson have signed with the Habs without Drouin on the team? JD led the team in scoring in the playoffs and without him this team would have been entirely without any offensive attack. The Habs would have been highly-unattractive to the talent we were trying to attract. Drouin has been great. He is fueling the best line in hockey and is a massive asset to this team and indeed has been from his arrival. The tone of these derisive posts is risible and only makes these commentors look absolutely foolish.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Would Toffoli/Allen/Edmunson have signed with the Habs without Drouin on the team? JD led the team in scoring in the playoffs and without him this team would have been entirely without any offensive attack. The Habs would have been highly-unattractive to the talent we were trying to attract. Drouin has been great. He is fueling the best line in hockey and is a massive asset to this team and indeed has been from his arrival. The tone of these derisive posts is risible and only makes these commentors look absolutely foolish.

I like Drouin but the idea that any of those three signed with the Habs because he’s on the team is silly.

Megaforce

I like Drouin but the idea that any of those three signed with the Habs because he’s on the team is silly.

Anderson/Toffoli, at the very least, were aware that they'd have a potential linemate who would feed them several delicious passes per game that would help them stack up their goal totals.

Imagine if Darche or Weale or Weise was there instead of Drouin? Would anybody want to come here?

Drouin's passing has been spectacular. Romanov, for example, had a sequence in his last game where he made about 6 straight bad one-timer PP passes and nobody said a thing. Drouin's Markovian one-timer set-ups, on the other hand, routinely set the table for great scoring chances and his teammates are conscious of it. If Weber's slapper was as effective as it once was, Drouin would have had a dozen more points over the last 50 games.

It's time for the Drouin detractors to rethink their irrational and desperate-yet-futile attempts to fuel their hateful confirmation bias and just accept that this guy is a great player.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax

Excellent satire

Reactions: ECWHSWI

Draft

Jan 23, 2013
He's still not very good..

congrats on getting 2nd assists.. but his shot is peewee level, his defensive implication is rarely there and he's normally so un-involved defensively he avoids fan scrutiny because he's not in position to make a glaring error defensively.

Since when is this news? He's improved on being a defensive liability and has found a way to benefit his line as a playmaker and facilitator. He's changed his game and that's a good thing for the Habs.

If you think he has the potential to be a strong defensive player or a Panarin-level playmaker that's great, keep setting those expectations. Otherwise, it's a given that he's going to try to minimize his defensive responsibilities and get secondary assists as a playmaker on his line.

Draft

Jan 23, 2013

Wut....

I guarantee Price/Weber did about 200% more to attract those FAs than Drouin.

Reactions: Guess

HABNIKO

Jun 29, 2015
Montreal
I feel people are looking at the scoresheet to figure if a player plays well or not.

Drouin doesn't play that well but he gets points. Same could be said about Suzuki. He can be invisible the whole game but have 2 points.
Drouin got speed,skill and youth on his side but he just doesn't fit in regardless that he puts in some points.
I'd rather pursue a trade for Saad or someone with grit.

Megaforce

Wut....

I guarantee Price/Weber did about 200% more to attract those FAs than Drouin.

Aging Weber and Price certainly played a role but having excellent pass-first teammates like Suzuki and Drouin is what really turns on a forward. These passers create legends. Markov-Souray, Oates-Hull, Kariya-Selanne, Trottier-Bossy.

Toffoli / Anderson and such players dream of getting service like that. They don't want to be on a line with Weal. Pro hockey forwards are aware of what's going on, unlike these lazy brainless anti-Drouin posters forever irrelevantly dwelling on Sergachev.

Big Empty

He's a big horse
Jan 27, 2020
Montréal
Really? Is this serious? I feel like it’s serious based on your history of Drouin posts.

Wow.

And I think Drouin has been playing well this year but this is ridiculous. Pretty much everything you said is false.

Reactions: CristianoRonaldo

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
Anderson/Toffoli, at the very least, were aware that they'd have a potential linemate who would feed them several delicious passes per game that would help them stack up their goal totals.

Imagine if Darche or Weale or Weise was there instead of Drouin? Would anybody want to come here?

Drouin's passing has been spectacular. Romanov, for example, had a sequence in his last game where he made about 6 straight bad one-timer PP passes and nobody said a thing. Drouin's Markovian one-timer set-ups, on the other hand, routinely set the table for great scoring chances and his teammates are conscious of it. If Weber's slapper was as effective as it once was, Drouin would have had a dozen more points over the last 50 games.

It's time for the Drouin detractors to rethink their irrational and desperate-yet-futile attempts to fuel their hateful confirmation bias and just accept that this guy is a great player.

You can’t be serious.

Reactions: montreal

Hins77

Apr 2, 2013
I would say the emergence of Suzuki/KK combined to 2 all stars in price/weber. been attractive for those UFA.

Guess

Jul 16, 2010
Brossard, QC
Drouin is that you?

A55P2

Jul 14, 2009
Québec, Québec

In think he helped minimally. Less than Gallagher, Weber, Suzuki and KK. About the same as Tatar and Danault.

At this point it's just the team as a whole who looked good enough for these UFA, not one single player.

Reactions: Walrus26

Megaforce

Drouin's stats so far are amongst the best in the league. His excellence is irrefutable. He's a key piece of the best line in the league. His plus-minus is great. He has been setting up goal after goal and his defensive coverage has been earning raves by the TV analysts. And this asinine hockey discussion board sees one silly post after another. Look, I'm as much of an anglo rights lunatic as the next guy but the nonsense narrative of Drouin only being here because he's French is nauseating and untrue and is constantly being disproven with every shift of every game. To take aim at Drouin is blindly malevolent and statistically unjustified by all measurable metrics. So stop cowering in your hatred and fear and start embracing the actual success and excellence of this player.

WeThreeKings

Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Drouin's stats so far are amongst the best in the league. His excellence is irrefutable. He's a key piece of the best line in the league. His plus-minus is great. He has been setting up goal after goal and his defensive coverage has been earning raves by the TV analysts. And this asinine hockey discussion board sees one silly post after another. Look, I'm as much of an anglo rights lunatic as the next guy but the nonsense narrative of Drouin only being here because he's French is nauseating and untrue and is constantly being disproven with every shift of every game. To take aim at Drouin is blindly malevolent and statistically unjustified by all measurable metrics. So stop cowering in your hatred and fear and start embracing the actual success and excellence of this player.

There is so much projection in this post that I could review grade 9 math homework with it.

Reactions: Guess

Megaforce

There is so much projection in this post that I could review grade 9 math homework with it.
Do you even know the meaning of projection? I'm calling out the irrational narrative that has gripped this discussion forum like some sort of fever that never goes away. Just look at the facts instead of the mythology and you'll see the silliness that has been prevailing here for way too long.

Reactions: Catanddogguitarrr

WeThreeKings

Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Do you even know the meaning of projection? I'm calling out the irrational narrative that has gripped this discussion forum like some sort of fever that never goes away. Just look at the facts instead of the mythology and you'll see the silliness that has been prevailing here for way too long.

Which one is Jeff Skinner and which is Jonathan Drouin?

Screenshot_20210203-125236_Samsung_Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20210203-125211_Samsung_Internet.jpg

ec90ea17a0.png

c21190c695.png

0e1278bdf5.png

and yes.. I know what projection is.. and you are declaring a francophone bias on other people when it's likely you who have a pro-francophone bias.

Reactions: nhlfan9191

Megaforce

You are going to die on a hill because you just committed to a silly ancient narrative that you just can't let go of, in spite of endless proof. Drouin has been exemplary in every way this season and before yet the misinformed abuse continues. This board was once a haven for intelligent people and yet this silly and forever-ongoing hatred for Drouin just betrays those of us who actually understand hockey and watch the games. Try to adjust guys. The data is in and you are simply wrong.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
He was great last night

You can clearly see him gain more confidence as each game goes by this year. He could easily have 5+ goals if he could pick corners a bit more. Don't know the stats but he's been in a lot of high danger shot areas but can't seem to snipe. His shot is actually not that bad so I can see him scoring some big ones for us if he keeps improving his confidence and his time and space is improved cause Suzuki and Anderson is also drawing attention.

It's nice to see him doing better for sure! We need him!

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
You are going to die on a hill because you just committed to a silly ancient narrative that you just can't let go of, in spite of endless proof. Drouin has been exemplary in every way this season and before yet the misinformed abuse continues. This board was once a haven for intelligent people and yet this silly and forever-ongoing hatred for Drouin just betrays those of us who actually understand hockey and watch the games. Try to adjust guys. The data is in and you are simply wrong.

Agreed. Drouin's issues with the Habs is we didn't have the right pieces for him to play with as a soft forward (he's not the only one like that in the NHL) and his confidence was shattered. He's playing well for us and it's due to him having better wingers he can feed off of.

Hockey IQ was in question but maybe that was a confidence issue? :dunno:. Lets see where he stands at the end of the year cause we need to see how consistent he can be

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad