Player Discussion Jonathan Drouin II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Sorry, should have look further in the threads to see if someone else made the same comment, my bad

No worries. I know how my post looks. I just have no problem talking about positives and negatives towards any player or management. I prefer a more humble Drouin and I am counting on him to mature more. The moment he stops trying to do everything himself and feeds off his team mates more, the better chance he reaches his ceiling potential.

Skill set is not the problem or challenge with Drouin. Maturity is. He has clearly stopped trying to do everything himself in the last few games and he it's showing up in production.

There is always something to learn... even when things are going well.

Last edited:
Reactions: teamfirst

teamfirst

Oct 28, 2016
No worries. I know how my post looks. I just have no problem talking about positives and negatives towards any player or management. I prefer a more humble Drouin and I am counting on him to mature more. The moment he stops trying to do everything himself and feeds off his team mates more, the better chance he reaches his ceiling potential.

Skill set is not the problem or challenge with Drouin. Maturity is. He has clearly stopped trying to do everything himself in the last few games and he it's showing up in production.

Maturity will come with time, some get it faster than others....some never get it, let's hope it wont be the case for JD, but i am confident he will get there

Reactions: TooLegitToQuit

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Maturity will come with time, some get it faster than others....some never get it, let's hope it wont be the case for JD, but i am confident he will get there

We need him from age 25-30. So lets hope the leadership and coaches we surround him with helps him reach his ceiling potential. I have faith in him. It's a big year for him on our team.

Reactions: DAChampion

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Are you not tired to spill bullish all the time on HF?

Drouin was a game changer yesterday, he was amazing.

Get a clue for once......
Yeah, my standards are higher than that, sorry. Anyway, this doesn't change the fact that I came into this thread saying Drouin was good last night...

Saundies

Fly On The Wall
Jun 8, 2012
NB, Canada
JD is a great player, but he sulks sometimes. You could tell right from the get-go that he didn't like the line he was playing on, and his play and body language were apparent.

Now that he's playing on a more productive line with someone he has natural chemistry with, the difference is night and day. Against the Flames, he even threw a couple of good hits and was a pest all night (drawing the penalty on Brodie), something that I don't know if I've seen him do ever.

Hopefully this is a sign of things to come and he has a monster year. We're gonna need him.

Reactions: HKbleu

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
Stretching a little there ......arent you..... maybe he was more concern about taking the lead 3-1 in a game where before those 3 goals they were doing everything except beat that goalie

To me it's obvious that this kid as the team succes at heart, loved his reaction after Gally's goal against the Blues, i get that you want to temper the excitement and it's ok....but self center on that play....c'mon now

edit......sorry icing....did not see your post
Don't apologize. It's not your fault that great minds think alike.;)

Reactions: teamfirst

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
Hadn't played this good in the last games though, lets be honest.

I've seen a steady progression. The game before last felt like a step back but I felt like somewhere around his 3rd or 4th game he's been damn good.

And I'll be perfectly honest I wasn't even that mad with his first few games. He made a million bad plays but he was skating faster and looked more implicated which was encouraging. Though I was worried he was going to turn into Gomez, I did see more spark.

He's getting better and better which I hope can just keep continuing.

I'd just love for the people who actually thought he didn't have any real upside would be able to stop for good (of course that's partly on Drouin). Like I get that he was not good last year but people actually denying he had any real skill were just being silly. Everyone and their mother should know the guy's got a truck load of skill.

Totally fine with the ones who said he's been garbage and hated the trade. THAT I got. But the ones who just thought he actually wasn't that skilled were just out of their minds lol. I just hope he's not Kovalev levels of frustrating. I loved Kovalev but the guy really should've been a top 10 player in the league year in year out. Really hoping Drouin can be more consistent. I'll take the odd bad game as long as he's not maddeningly Jekyll and Hyde.

Last edited:

Shabs

Nov 16, 2017
Drouin is getting better at picking his spots. He was always getting the puck and carrying it as far as he could go - if he could not get all the way to the net, he would either lose it or dish it off at the last second when there were no other options. Now he is more willing to give early and go when he sees too many players between him and the net. This is a big step IMO.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Great to see him putting it all together. hopefully it continues and he has a monster season.

The key with Drouin showing us his potential is who we play him with. Domi is a good fit cause he can shelter Drouin with puck possession and this allows Drouin to slide into open space. It's nice to see Drouin dishing the puck to his line mates and playing a team game! He has break open skills but was too predictable when he keeps trying to dangle and do things on his own. Something that has changed since he has played with Domi.

Reactions: DAChampion

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Question? I know it's early and some are not high on Drouin but is 60-70 pts a realistic reach for him this year? He did have 46 pts in our disaster season last year so If the team does better, Drouin surely has to get at least 50+?

25 goals and 40 assists?

Last pt/game guy we had was Kovalev 11 years ago!

tooji

Nov 24, 2015
Question? I know it's early and some are not high on Drouin but is 60-70 pts a realistic reach for him this year? He did have 46 pts in our disaster season last year so If the team does better, Drouin surely has to get at least 50+?

25 goals and 40 assists?

I have to think that 60+ points is in the cards for him this year

Reactions: TooLegitToQuit

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I have to think that 60+ points is in the cards for him this year

I think/hope so too! 46 pts in 77 games playing center for the first time on a bad team full of injuries. If this team stays healthy and Drouin plays close to 82 games, 60+ points has to be in the cards for him.

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
We need him from age 25-30. So lets hope the leadership and coaches we surround him with helps him reach his ceiling potential. I have faith in him. It's a big year for him on our team.

It's such a nice feeling that we can no longer assume that the coaches will mess things up.

Drouin is a good project, and we can say that he's being put in a position to succeed. All he needs is good health and a good attitude.

Reactions: DramaticGloveSave

Thebesthockey

Aug 6, 2013
primadonna
sulks when he does not get points even if team wins
is happy if he gets points even if team loses

only happy for himself

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
primadonna
sulks when he does not get points even if team wins
is happy if he gets points even if team loses

only happy for himself

I sort of agree to a certain point. I don't recall him being this type of player on the Mooseheads so not sure what's going on with him in the NHL. I think there is a measure here about his struggles and he is not the player he knows/wants to be. He was clearly frustrated with his start to the season and when had a few productive games, his happiness showed. Hoping a better team and better line mates helps him mature into what he was projected to be when drafted. Someone that is humble and is a offensive weapon up front. Don't ever expect him to lead the forward group.

Reactions: HKbleu

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017

25 goals and 40 assists?

I would put my money on Drouin to lead the team in points that’s for sure. How many? I think 60 is the floor and 80 is the ceiling. This is assuming he stays healthy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad