Prospect Info: Jonas Brodin (Part III)

Status
Not open for further replies.

W75

Wegistewed Usew
Oct 22, 2011
Winland
If he had more siblings.. Wild would have a Band of Brodins.

Btw.. What do you call a Brodin with two Bouchards?
Bacon and eggs.

matt55014

Jan 31, 2013
Central MN
I was just killing some time on my lunch break getting pumped up for the game tonight and stumbled upon Becoming Wild: Webisode #20.(Brodin first NHL game)

So glad we got this guy!

Anyone have any links to Brodin highlights?

PS I liked the little Dumba cameo at the end of the webisode. Future pairing?

keppel146

Jun 4, 2010
MinneSOta
did you guys see his speed one rush in the 3rd??!! he brought the puck up the ice and before you know it, he was in chicagos zone-- very nicely. he should add that into his game

WILDTATE10

Jul 24, 2005
Even when Suter wasn't playing he was still awesome. He was much more aggressive in the offense and was great doing it

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
I really think Brodin should be in the conversation more for the Calder.

Seriously, he is 19 fricking years old and he plays like he's a 10 year vet. He's a #2 defensemen his rookie year and tonight he showed that he could handle being the #1 as well.

DeuceMN

Really?
Oct 1, 2011
Chi-Town, Il
The ownership Brodin took in the game when he was playing and Suter was out was astounding.

I didn't know there could be another level of Brodin love, but I just found it.

This kid is ****ing amazing. Man, did we get lucky choosing this guy.

Nordic*

Oct 12, 2006
Tellus
Is he still evolving, or has he showed some signs of slowing down and playing at the state he really is in, a 19-year old playing his first NHL season with amongst the toughest minutes on the team?

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Is he still evolving, or has he showed some signs of slowing down and playing at the state he really is in, a 19-year old playing his first NHL season with amongst the toughest minutes on the team?

He still looks great out there.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
IMO he is plateauing a bit, but that's not a bad thing. I keep expecting something bad to happen to him... Sorta like what happened to Serge Savard, he seems impossibly good given his age.

I think all he needs is to fill out, rest, and train during the off season. Maybe work on his point shot so he can be a regular on the PP.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I meant that he was plateauing at an excellent level, rather than continuing to ascend to beyond that. He is being targeted for abuse on the forecheck, but seems to have a slippery quality to him that allows him to escape big time hits.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
A lot of it has to be the fact that he is getting attacked by opposing forechecks all the time, and the rest of the team not sticking up for their rookies.

Everyone on this team needs to gain a few pounds of muscle mass in the off season, and take a few lessons on throwing their weight around. Our lack of physicality is a complete joke. We would be perfect for a European league, but the NHL is much, much more physical. We NEED to check harder, especially on the forecheck.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
A lot of it has to be the fact that he is getting attacked by opposing forechecks all the time, and the rest of the team not sticking up for their rookies.

Everyone on this team needs to gain a few pounds of muscle mass in the off season, and take a few lessons on throwing their weight around. Our lack of physicality is a complete joke. We would be perfect for a European league, but the NHL is much, much more physical. We NEED to check harder, especially on the forecheck.

I agree....I think Brodin has shown to handle the physical play quite well considering his age. But I agree that getting stronger will only improve his game and Coyle looks to be the type of player that we won't have to worry about in that department.

forthewild

Aug 17, 2009
So he plays almost two more minutes the J. Schultz but he doesn't get near the pp time that dude gets...

Brodin for calder any and every day of the week, he better be one of the 3 nominations even if he doesn't win it. How good this kid is for his age and role cannot be ignored.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad