Prospect Info: Jonas Brodin (Part III)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uberdachen

Posts Last 5 Minutes
Sep 5, 2012
Pants.
I heard this too while watching the game. What I understood, was that Lidstrom has been doing a bunch of scouting in Sweden, and they were talking about some other player who has played with Brodin on the Sweden team, and they said he is just as good as Brodin, and how Sweden is really producing some amazing D-men. (I never did catch the name of the player however. It was around the 10 minute mark of the 3rd period I believe)

I didn't catch any of the interview with Lidstrom, just at the very end "... has a play style similar to Brodin." and I thought "Ok, they're either talking about a Detroit prospect or they just said something as backwards as it can be said."

Ladra

Jan 29, 2011
Southswe who was our Brodin correspondent while he played for Farjestads said that Klefbom was looking as good as Brodin after the WJC last year.

Also from looking at him in the championship game he does have some nice tools. We'll find out next year tho

As an Oiler fan ofcourse I hope that Klefbom will be the better player, but I don't think he will. He has "better tools", shot, size, grit, but it is really Brodins amazing IQ, skating, decission making that sets them a part and makes Brodin such a great talent. Brodin also has a great work ethic so if he struggles at some point he will probably overcome it by hard work as well.

When watching them in Färjestad I thought that Klefbom would be a more "surefire" player to reach the NHL with his tools. And I had some tiny tiny doubts about Brodins game translating to the NHL, but after watching 15 or so Wild games this year, those doubts are gone. You guys have a true stud. (Lets just hope you trade him away :P)

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
As an Oiler fan ofcourse I hope that Klefbom will be the better player, but I don't think he will. He has "better tools", shot, size, grit, but it is really Brodins amazing IQ, skating, decission making that sets them a part and makes Brodin such a great talent. Brodin also has a great work ethic so if he struggles at some point he will probably overcome it by hard work as well.

When watching them in Färjestad I thought that Klefbom would be a more "surefire" player to reach the NHL with his tools. And I had some tiny tiny doubts about Brodins game translating to the NHL, but after watching 15 or so Wild games this year, those doubts are gone. You guys have a true stud. (Lets just hope you trade him away :P)

Meh, you'll barely have to deal with him after this year.

Dampland

Mar 14, 2011
Gainfully Employed
In case "Bacon" doesn't work for you.

Other possible nicknames for our favorite rookie D-man

picture.php

:laugh:

Minnewildsota

He who laughs last thinks slowest
Jun 7, 2010
And here I was going to say I am a bromosexual...

Even better yet! He's Brodo from the Lord of the...Cup?

Fallenity

Apr 12, 2011
I don't see what's so wrong with Bacon...

Also, last night may have been his worst game of his tenure.

Brodin is above such hedonistic earthly pleasures as Bacon and to be associated to such is blasphemy.

Anyway, last night was horrible for everyone.

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
as aggravating as it was to watch, i admire the blues for that. target Coyle and Brodin. exactly what they should have done.

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere
as aggravating as it was to watch, i admire the blues for that. target Coyle and Brodin. exactly what they should have done.

Freaked me out when I saw Brodin get railed into the boards. And then his boarding and he got up slow I got nervous...this team cannot afford to lose him now. Way too many minutes. Way too vital. Scary to think at that age he's become an anchor already.

Casper

30 goal grinder
Mar 23, 2010
MN

I have no qualms about it. That was a perfectly executed game plan by the Blues. Minus the five blantant penalites of course, but that is a whole other discussion regarding the Wild's inablity to deter the Blues over agressive physicality by capitalizing on the PP.

Puhis

Nah.
Jul 4, 2011
Jaervenpaeae
My only issue is that no one went after their goaltender or something. Have Rupp run Halak over so he can't play, and then have someone else run their backup over. Boom. Game won.

That, or elbow Backes. Hard. And run him to the boards head-first.

Bottom line is that brutality like they did is AGAINST THE ****ING RULES and DOESN'T BELONG TO THE GAME. If that is allowed, as it clearly seems to be according to the referees and the league, what stops someone from stomping a downed player with a skate? No, not talking about you Cooke.

OpRedDawn*

It's frustrating because it seems like we never have a gameplan like that. We've seen it before where teams clearly had the memo in the lockerroom to rough up Spurgeon and such. And now, it's obvious they talked about Brodin and getting him off his game. With some of the guys we have on this team, there's no reason we shouldn't be purposely physical with some of their younger or weaker guys

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad