Confirmed with Link: Jon Cooper signs multi-year extension

FinnLightning26

Death and no taxes
Sep 16, 2007
Lapland
Coop has done a great job keeping the guys going this season. Hopefully he's learned to make adjustments more swiftly instead of banging his head on the wall like we've seen in the past.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
...Not to change the subject to drastically, but...

...Is it just me or is Coop getting more and more blond every game?

I feel like he is more grey and growing it longer. He is losing just a little bit more of his hairline each year but not enough to call it significant loss. Not like Patrick Kane though. Good God that guy.

He still looks babyfaced though

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I feel like he is more grey and growing it longer. He is losing just a little bit more of his hairline each year but not enough to call it significant loss. Not like Patrick Kane though. Good God that guy.

He still looks babyfaced though

Nah. It's going blond.

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
Last time I checked the Prince of Wales Trophy and the Presidents Trophy are hardware. Just saying.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
JBB will have lot of work to do in the next 2 summers.
Vasy, Point, Serge, Cernak and Cirelli...I hope to sign these guys...

Forgot all about Cirelli. ...He could actually be a casualty of the cap. I know he's RFA, but a lot of teams are gonna look at him like a 2C when the best we can do for him is 3C.

Fabiobest

Italian Florida Man
Feb 4, 2017
Turin, Italy
Forgot all about Cirelli. ...He could actually be a casualty of the cap. I know he's RFA, but a lot of teams are gonna look at him like a 2C when the best we can do for him is 3C.
It'll a be a quite bad lose in case...Cirelli, for us, is very important also in the PK where he's one of the best in the League I think.
Of course Vasy, Point, Serge and Cernak are very very important to sign too...And if Cirelli won't resign with us, probably JBB will find another player to put in our lineup.

DistantThunderRep

Mar 8, 2018
LegitimateElasticCusimanse-size_restricted.gif
Man, this brings back memories.

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay

How many early RFA signings do you think make in July? Vasy signed early last time, getting him under contract would definitely lock in some cost certainty heading into next offseason and the expansion draft. I guess we'll know sooner than that if players start being purged off. Callahan is a foregone conclusion.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
I would have rather waited till after the playoffs. I
Thought cooper would bet on himself. Now he is a solid coach and the organization didn’t want to make a change due to all his success here so I get that. I wanted to see him bet on himself see if this time he could get it done and take this team all the way.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
You know, the guy is well on his way to a HHOF career all things considered. Way back when, teams had "their guy" and it wasn't so out of the ordinary that a coach stayed so long with an organization. Winning the Cup always put a nice shine on it too. But in any case, does it not seem like Cooper is becoming that guy and is it so impossible to imagine 10+ years and maybe even a few Cups?

No he's not Blake, Arbor, Bowman, Sather et al. Not even close. Come back to me when we win 5 Cups with him.

The idea that we have "our guy" almost feels weird to me. But here we are

Reactions: DaBolts

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
IMO he should win, this team is a powerhouse because of his coaching.

Ehhh let's give some credit to Todd Richards here. Coop is one of the more minimalist coaches I've seen and it took idk how many years to lose his veteran player hard on when better younger players were available

kuch

Sep 27, 2016
Ehhh let's give some credit to Todd Richards here. Coop is one of the more minimalist coaches I've seen and it took idk how many years to lose his veteran player hard on when better younger players were available

Ok Fine Richards can have credit too ;D

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
You know, the guy is well on his way to a HHOF career all things considered. Way back when, teams had "their guy" and it wasn't so out of the ordinary that a coach stayed so long with an organization. Winning the Cup always put a nice shine on it too. But in any case, does it not seem like Cooper is becoming that guy and is it so impossible to imagine 10+ years and maybe even a few Cups?

No he's not Blake, Arbor, Bowman, Sather et al. Not even close. Come back to me when we win 5 Cups with him.

The idea that we have "our guy" almost feels weird to me. But here we are
If he does not win the cup this year it will probably never happen in Tampa bay. This is probably the last year we put a power house team on the ice like this. Next year we go back to just being a playoff team not a power house . I don’t think we will ever see a lightning team again this built up and deep.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad