Confirmed with Link: Jon Cooper signs multi-year extension

Stormbreaker

Apr 2, 2012

"I am very pleased to announce Jon's extension today," BriseBois said. "His ability to forge impactful relationships with everyone from players to staff has been a trademark of his tenure with the organization and he is the absolute best coach for our hockey team. Coop's ability to develop a strong culture while continually adapting has been a big part of the team's success. He has helped set high standards for our organization with his unrelenting drive for excellence. I would like to thank Coop and his family for their continuous commitment to the organization, as well as to the Tampa Bay community, and I look forward to working in partnership with Jon for years to come."

Cmac66

Apr 18, 2017
God dam it, I guess #FireCooper is going to have to be put on hold:thumbu:

giphy.gif

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
There's a reason Cooper doesn't have a contract for next season though.

T REX

Feb 28, 2013
You know what he gets us deep in every time with exception of once. As long as you are getting in you gotta shot.

We have probably the most stacked team since teh wings and no hardware to show for it. If he doesn't win a cup this year or next he'll go down as the biggest choker in coaching history.

If you think that's unfair then Yzerman shouldn't have given the best team on paper in the cap era.

Disappointed.

Reactions: PJ817

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
We have probably the most stacked team since teh wings and no hardware to show for it. If he doesn't win a cup this year or next he'll go down as the biggest choker in coaching history.

If you think that's unfair then Yzerman shouldn't have given the best team on paper in the cap era.

Disappointed.

Hohohoho buddy give me a few minutes of your time to talk about our Lord and savior of BBQ goodness

Then of course Pat Quinn and Roger Neilsen come up on the list of legends who couldn't win it. People talked about Pat Burns til he finally won it too

Winning the Cup is hard man. I don't see why Coop needs to get nailed to the post over it

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
Hohohoho buddy give me a few minutes of your time to talk about our Lord and savior of BBQ goodness

Then of course Pat Quinn and Roger Neilsen come up on the list of legends who couldn't win it. People talked about Pat Burns til he finally won it too

Winning the Cup is hard man. I don't see why Coop needs to get nailed to the post over it

I understand his point but I also understand yours. This team is one of the best I've ever seen. However that's still no guarantee we win it.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
...Not to change the subject to drastically, but...

...Is it just me or is Coop getting more and more blond every game?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad