Injury Report: Johnsson Leg

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Iceman

Sep 22, 2007
Vegas player had a smirk on his face in the penalty box when the camera panned to him. No fear of any retribution.

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
Does having a goon on the 4th line stop reactionary plays like that? Nothing stops that.

Ask the AVs Ian Cole who got waxed by Wilson after a dirty on Kuznetsov. Cole is currently out of the lineup after the beat down by Wilson.

kb

Aug 28, 2009
I wouldn't. Johnsson will recover and the leafs will keep winning.
I like the player. Supported him before he came to north America. Want him back in the line up asap, but the name on the front of the jersey is what I cheer for.
Also, that was Vegas' 5th loss in a row? Gallant is going to bag skate the manure out of them. The whole team will suffer for their performance in practice and in the standings.

Oh boy, did I ever catch a lot of heat in another thread for saying this very thing.

Vegas looks a bit out of sorts. They can only win by heavily outworking their opposition, and that wasn't the case.

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
Assuming he misses Saturday's game, I assume Ennis plays the 4th line, and Moore gets the call up to be the 13th forward.

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
Guess this is when Ennis slots back in. Would obviously be better to have both of them in the lineup.

kb

Aug 28, 2009
Ask the AVs Ian Cole who got waxed by Wilson after a dirty on Kuznetsov. Cole is currently out of the lineup after the beat down by Wilson.
But having that goon wouldn't stop Johnsson from still being sidelined. The only thing you get is your pound of flash afterwards, which in the grand scheme - still won't deter this from happening. It was a reactionary move, and not an intentional move to hurt.

Burnie97

Jun 26, 2015
Canada
Does having a goon on the 4th line stop reactionary plays like that? Nothing stops that.

Yup

The best way... especially this Leafs team ... is to just bury a team with goals... which they did.

I'm not saying I don't want McNabb or whatever his name is to get leveled or have to pay on the ice. . But that's dependant on the makeup of your team as well.

A W is the best way

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
Taking the man and ignoring the puck is fine but he sticks his knee out because AJ was about to dodge him.
I don't think McNabb wanted to hurt AJ at all, but the hit is still dirty. Primary point of contact should be McNabb's shoulder but he drove his knee out, probably to try and trip AJ or slow him down. End result is a dirty hit. Just my thoughts on it. If you think a dirty hit has to involve player intent, then this isn't a dirty hit by that standard but still dangerous and obviously a penalty.
Imo its dirty because of what I stated above and once a player sticks out their leg like that they know the dangers to the other player

Reactions: filthyMitz

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
Was thinking that too but who sits? Lindholm? Goat?

Easy answer is whomever isn't going to be the centre of those two. Unless it's going to be someone else, though I can't imagine who that'd be. I am a bit surprised Ennis hasn't returned to the lineup otherwise yet. Hopefully it's all a good problem to have.

Blanche Blanche

Torontoooooo
Dec 2, 2017
Toronto
Yup

The best way... especially this Leafs team ... is to just bury a team with goals... which they did.

I'm not saying I don't want McNabb or whatever his name is to get leveled or have to pay on the ice. . But that's dependant on the makeup of your team as well.

A W is the best way

Wilson fighting and lighting up Cole for hitting his linemate is the ultimate deterrent for that kind of stuff.

Leafs don't have that in the DNA, and Babcock sure as hell doesn't encourage it.

It is what it is. Least drawn penalties plan by Babcock is paying off lately, we've been getting PPs like never before.

AJ get better! Ennis... you're up!

Go leafs go!

ToneDog

Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
But having that goon wouldn't stop Johnsson from still being sidelined. The only thing you get is your pound of flash afterwards, which in the grand scheme - still won't deter this from happening. It was a reactionary move, and not an intentional move to hurt.

I liken it to baseball players/managers arguing calls. They are not arguing for the call that was just made against them. They are arguing to get the next call. After the beat down Wilson gave Cole, players are going to ask themselves if I take a run at a Caps star am I ready to face Wilson? Guessing the answer is no for a good majority of players.

ToneDog

Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
I don't think McNabb wanted to hurt AJ at all, but the hit is still dirty. Primary point of contact should be McNabb's shoulder but he drove his knee out, probably to try and trip AJ or slow him down. End result is a dirty hit. Just my thoughts on it. If you think a dirty hit has to involve player intent, then this isn't a dirty hit by that standard but still dangerous and obviously a penalty.
Imo its dirty because of what I stated above and once a player sticks out their leg like that they know the dangers to the other player

It might not have been his intent to hurt him. More likely it was reactionary because he was about to be beat by AJ. Probably still warrants a fine or 1 game suspension but most likely nothing comes of it.There have been worse hits on players that went unpunished by the league.

Reactions: kb and saltming
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad