Injury Report: Johnsson Leg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Funk21

Mar 6, 2013
Toronto
That’s what happens when your not willing to take a hit, he should have absorbed it rather than trying to jump out of the way.

The Vegas player went out of his way to stick his leg out not the other way around. Stop making excuses for dirty plays. If Johnsson was McJesus McNabb would have a meeting in NYC.

And somebody should have plowed his face in. Unfortunately we don’t have a player like that. Sign an AHL goon and the next time we play Vegas run Flower or crosscheck Tuch/Karlsson and see how they like it.

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
I wouldn't. Johnsson will recover and the leafs will keep winning.
I like the player. Supported him before he came to north America. Want him back in the line up asap, but the name on the front of the jersey is what I cheer for.
Also, that was Vegas' 5th loss in a row? Gallant is going to bag skate the manure out of them. The whole team will suffer for their performance in practice and in the standings.

Somehow I don't think the offender cared very much about the outcome of the game or he wouldn't have risked taking a match penalty in the first place.

Retribution is fist in mouth. Unfortunately the leafs have no pugilists left in the organization save for Marchment and Sestito in the AHL. Muzzin wasn't on the ice.
I'm from old school hockey, but things are changing and ultimately the win is punishment

Reactions: kb

deletethis

Mar 17, 2015
Toronto
If you watch Marner who is constantly run at like that, he stops dead and spins off these type of hits. Johnsson unfortunately tried to avoid the hit while maintaining forward motion and paid the price. Hopefully not too serious.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
The Vegas player went out of his way to stick his leg out not the other way around. Stop making excuses for dirty plays. If Johnsson was McJesus McNabb would have a meeting in NYC.

And somebody should have plowed his face in. Unfortunately we don’t have a player like that. Sign an AHL goon and the next time we play Vegas run Flower or crosscheck Tuch/Karlsson and see how they like it.

It looked to me like he (McNabb) stayed his course and only moved his upper body and Johnson jumped to try and avoid the hit.
Unfortunate, not dirty.

Reactions: gtforepro and kb

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
If you watch Marner who is constantly run at like that, he stops dead and spins off these type of hits. Johnsson unfortunately tried to avoid the hit while maintaining forward motion and paid the price. Hopefully not too serious.

That’s a very good point.

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
Big blow
Hope tis but only a scratch
200.gif

Reactions: keonsbitterness

Leafsfan74

Jul 2, 2018
It's not just the fact he's out there injuring our players, it's the shot of him on the bench laughing about it cause he knows there's no retribution coming that sickens me.

The retribution has to come from the league. I've said it many times, it is the only major league in the world that doesn't protect it's players, in particular it's stars.

Imagine, a 2 minute penalty. What a deterrent...

Reactions: HOF Paul Henderson

Deadly Dogma

Sponsor
May 3, 2016
I think its his hip. Based on the impact and no hyper extension I can't see ligaments being damaged. Unless its a hip separation

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
Somehow I don't think the offender cared very much about the outcome of the game or he wouldn't have risked taking a match penalty in the first place.

Retribution is fist in mouth. Unfortunately the leafs have no pugilists left in the organization save for Marchment and Sestito in the AHL. Muzzin wasn't on the ice.

Getzlaf knocked Vertanen out after Vertanen hit Perry in the first period Wednesday night. Gudbranson fought Getzlaf later in the game. Muzzin could have done the same yesterday but we are not that type of team for whatever reason.

leaffaninvancouver

formerly in Victoria
Jan 11, 2012
Are replacement-level, regular season only, defensively responsible, fear-inducing fourth liners really that hard for Dubas to find? Or does he not want one?

Why would Dubas need to find someone? Ennis is ready to play and Moore looked really good on his last callup.

Mugzy97

#StandWitness
Mar 3, 2015
Halifax, NS

I disagree with you here. The Vegas player didn't go out of his way, his knee sticks out when he naturally turns into Johnnson since Johnnson is jumping out of the way. It happens fairly often, just an unfortunate play.

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
The retribution has to come from the league. I've said it many times, it is the only major league in the world that doesn't protect it's players, in particular it's stars.

Imagine, a 2 minute penalty. What a deterrent...

Hyman got how many games for his late hit on MacAvoy who got up and never left the game. Bennett hit a SJ player very late in a game they were steam rolling the Sharks. The Shark player was carried off the ice. No suspension. Getzlaf knocks Veratanen out with questionable/not on purpose but on purpose hit. No suspension. The NHL's decision making baffles me so many times.

Alamo Leafer

Help end animal cruelty
Sep 12, 2018
Gatineau, QC
2nd in the league with +20 too.
Hope it's not that bad and he'll be back soon.
Plus, I doubt AM would've downplayed the injury if it was something serious, so for now, I'm hanging my hat on that.

KingJoffrey

Jan 30, 2014
More than often player who tries to avoid hit himself results the injury. If Johnsson just take that hit he will fell on his bum, but nothing more.

It would be easy just to blame McNabb, but that wasn't outrageous knee. Normal hit if Johnsson don't fail to dodge.

Reactions: dsred
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad