Recalled/Assigned: Johnsson and Rosen

Mugzy97

#StandWitness
Mar 3, 2015
Halifax, NS
Johnsson will not be able to play the grinding winger role better than Hyman... heck, I wouldn't even be sure that Johnsson is a better offensive player htan Hyman.

Well his numbers in the A are much better while being 2 years younger, but that doesn't always mean he'll be better in the N

Intact

Feb 25, 2010
Mississauga ON
Bringing up Johnsson and playing him over Martin is a lightning esque move, who cares if he's 5 foot 10. Bringing up Dermott like we did earlier is something the Predators would do. Fast 4th line, etc etc

I'm happy our top brass is paying attention to the trends around the league. The fact that our management got this depth in the first place shows how we should be positioning ourself for the next 10 years

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Honestly it's just amazing that we got this guy in the 7th round, he's likely going to be our best pick from 2013..

Likely? It’s a slam dunk.

Gauthier, Verhaeghe, Herzog and Bibeau are his competition lol.

Mugzy97

#StandWitness
Mar 3, 2015
Halifax, NS
Likely? It’s a slam dunk.

Gauthier, Verhaeghe, Herzog and Bibeau are his competition lol.
The only reason I threw in likely is because he hasn't played an NHL game yet, but will surpass Gauthier quite easily I'm guessing... The other factor is goalies bloom late and Bibeau seems to be doing well this season in the A as well. Anyway, I'd put my money on Johnnson.

X66

114-110
Aug 18, 2008
Also shows why when people say trading 2nd rounders means nothing, they're flat out wrong

I don't think people mean it means nothing, but when you trade your picks, but still have a lot of picks and prospects, it makes it more palatable.

We traded a 2nd that I wouldn't have mind that we kept, but we still kept a 2nd round pick in the same draft.

Incetardis

Sep 17, 2013
Interesting... Wouldn't think they'd recall Johnsson without intending to throw him right into the lineup. That's a huge kick in the junk for Leivo though who I thought had a strong game last time out.

Reactions: Dude Wheres Makar

Zizzzzy

Dec 6, 2017
I think you lose something if you put Nylander and Marner together. They both play similar in terms of being the driving playmaker on the line. I'd like to see Kaps speed up on the top line.

MarKadMar line has been amazing, please don't turn it back into the Leo Shut down line.

Hyman-Nylander-Kapanen
Marleau-Kadri-Marner
JVR-Bozak-Brown
Johnsson-Plekanec-Komarov

SHANNYPLAN

Nov 24, 2016
Johnsson - Plekanecs - Kapanen
Is going to be one hell of a 4th Line

Gotta feel for Martin and Leivo though

Rosen call up is not about Zaitsev being sick, but more about Dermott not being at practice today, hopefully he isn’t hurt but if he is, Rosen will likely step in on the bottom pair with Carrick or Polak

AppsSyl

May 28, 2015
I believe Borgman got hurt shortly after being sent down....Not sure if he is still out or what's been going on with him other then that though that was my first thought as to why he wasn't called up. Though it may just be that with the Leafs basically being locked in to the spot they are in they are taking the chance to dip farther into the depth to see what they have. Specifically with someone like Johnsson who will need waivers next year it seems pretty smart to take a look at him before hand.
Both Borgman and Holl are healthy. They played yesterday for the Marlies. I think Borgman is just starting to really find his groove and gain lots of confidence. I think they keep him down there the remainder of the season.

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
Assuming these are the lines at practice.

Hyman-Nylander-Marner
Marleau-Kadri-Komarov
JVR-Bozak-Brown
Johnsson-Plekanec-Kapanen
Martin

Rielly-Hainsey
Gardiner-Carrick
Rosen-Polak
Leivo-Moore
Switch the top two lines and carrick and polak and you're good.

IBeL34f

Lilly-grin
Jun 3, 2010
Toronto
No it's response to dermott being out.
At the time the original question was posed, that information wasn't publicly known. Same thing with the poster who wanted the Dermott/Rosen pairing. The only injuries or illness speculated on prior to that was regarding Zaitsev, so it makes sense that people were expecting he's who we were replacing.

AppsSyl

May 28, 2015
Interesting... Wouldn't think they'd recall Johnsson without intending to throw him right into the lineup. That's a huge kick in the junk for Leivo though who I thought had a strong game last time out.
Ya, it sucks for Leivo, but Johnsson is deserving of a shot and has paid his dues as well. It is smart for us to get him a couple of games now, to see how he does. We want to ice our best line up for the playoffs and not worry about stepping on toes. If Johnsson shows he is better than Leivo or Martin, than he needs to be playing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad