Recalled/Assigned: Johnsson and Rosen

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
This is interesting with Matthews slated for a return Thursday or Saturday and Zaitsev only sick.

Unless results came back on Zaitsev and it’s something worse

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Guess Zaitsev is a no go

Pretty big slap to the face of Martin and Leivo that they want to get Johnsson in over them...but he's totally earned it.

Johnsson-Plekanec-Kapanen until Matthews comes back is a hell of a 4th line.

This is interesting with Matthews slated for a return Thursday or Saturday and Zaitsev only sick.

Unless results came back on Zaitsev and it’s something worse

Forget who tweeted it but Matthews is more likely a Saturday return against Montreal.

Zaitsev's illness sounds bad.

Reactions: ThewThew

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
I hope Andreas Johnsson isn't put on a 4th line role.

Why?

He’s got a terrific defensive game. He’s a great fit beside Plekanec and Kapanen, if that’s the plan (I assume we’ll see at practice)

Reactions: Once

Ziggdiezan

Apr 10, 2015
I hope Andreas Johnsson isn't put on a 4th line role.
He won't be thrown onto the shutdown line with Kadri or the top line in place of Hyman so he will be on the 4th line almost guaranteed. Obviously JVR and Bozak won't be split up as they never are.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
I mean this is good news for Johnsson but I'm not sure he'll slot in. Sounds to me like just insurance unless someone else got injured yesterday. Rosen is 100% just a warm body.

Marlies clinched a playoff spot all ready, so it's a good time to call up players for Babcock to get another look and what not.

Reactions: BertCorbeau

HockeyGuruPitka

Jan 27, 2010
Toronto
Prior to this year i didnt believe Johnsson would be a future NHLer. He definitely has proved me wrong this season. He has excellent work ethic and determination. I truly think he is a top 6 NHL forward.

iBlaze81

Jan 18, 2010
Why?

He’s got a terrific defensive game. He’s a great fit beside Plekanec and Kapanen, if that’s the plan (I assume we’ll see at practice)

I'm hoping for a more top9 role, but I was unaware of his defensive game.

X66

114-110
Aug 18, 2008
Johnsson should get PP time as well, I can see him fitting in well in that 2nd unit.

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
if Matthews is back saturday, babs still couldn't give leivo more run of games in the team? I am really excited to see johnsson don't get me wrong but why the hell did leivo resign for,

Brobust

Sep 29, 2017
They've got to use Johnsson on the 2nd PP unit. If they fix that unit, then I'm extremely confident about this team doing well in the playoffs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad