Recalled/Assigned: Johnsson and Rosen

firstemperor

May 25, 2011
I missed the game did Johnsson return after the Radulov hit?

He did, didn't notice him too much as he only got about ~7minutes of icetime. Was pretty good defensively but didn't generate much going the other way. Just didn't have the puck enough, and not a lot of open-ice to work with. Game was extremely tight and it felt like we were playing against another Hitch-coached team.

Even Marner, Nylander looked invisible for a while until later in the game. And just to get some open ice, they had to make some nice, skilled plays or use their edges really well.

I like Johnsson a lot but I think the style of tonight's game might have fit Leivo's playstyle more.

Reactions: TheMadHatTrick

A1LeafNation

Obsession beats talent everytime!!
Oct 17, 2010
He will go down after Matthews is back.

The point of the call up is to see if he can play in the NHL if they need him in the playoffs.

Looks like he can play if needed.

Reactions: Mork

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
Maybe.

You didn't manage to catch the game tonight, did you?

Yes I did.

JvR's hat trick doesn't change anything for me - he's still not coming back. If anything, the more success JvR finds down the stretch and in the playoffs, the more money he's earning himself in free agency, further pricing him out of the Leafs plans.

darrylsittler27

Oct 21, 2002
Leafs commonly test guys late in the season i.e Kapanen. He most likely gets sent back down. At 23 he is ready next year. The question is, is it in Toronto?

canadon

Jun 25, 2015
Vaughan, ON
Do we know why Johnsson was not dressed against Buffalo? Was he still injured after the hit during the Dallas game, or was that just the decision to give Martin some playing time?

Jeypic

Sep 12, 2015
Do we know why Johnsson was not dressed against Buffalo? Was he still injured after the hit during the Dallas game, or was that just the decision to give Martin some playing time?
I think after the last game against Buffalo we kinda brought Martin in to do what he did.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad