Value of: Johnny Hockey to LA

Aerrol

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Sep 18, 2014
LOL I'm an Oilers fan and I still laughed aloud at this. How about Kopitar? That's the kind of heavy overpay they'd want to trade their homegrown star in-division.

Even then I don't know if they want the upgrade on Monahan that badly.

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
Awful thread is awful. You're trying to get the Flames best player with Toffoli. Oof.

Reactions: Rorschach

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
LA doesn't have the tradeable assets to acquire Gaudreau. Your prospects aren't enough and you can't move Kopi or Doughty. All your other assets outside of the two of them just don't start the conversation (IMO)

They have the assets, just OP did an awful proposal. Gaudreau is worth more to Calgary than he would be on LA

CaptainCrunch67

Aug 23, 2005
They have the assets, just OP did an awful proposal. Gaudreau is worth more to Calgary than he would be on LA

Wrong

He would be incredibly valuable to a LA team with Iafallo, Pearson and Clifford and Kovalchuk, Brown and Toffili as their Right Wingers.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Kings don't have the assets to acquire, and the Flames have no need to trade.

zar

Bleed Blue
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2010
Edmonton AB
If the Flames chose to deal (24 year old) Johnny Gaudreau (4 season @ $6.75 AAV)... to a division rival... for a current downgrade, the additional pieces would have to be significant. I would say a fair offer would be (26 year old) Tyler Toffoli (2 years to UFA) + Adrian Kempe + Gabriel Vilardi... maybe even add another pick.

Johnny Hockey is undoubtedly one of the best wingers in the game today... this coming from an Oiler fan.

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
Vilardi + Kupari + Kempe + 1st doesn't get you Gaudreau. And that's all of LA's most valuable assets, as far as I know.

Then you don't know much, no offense.

If that doesn't get you Gaudreau then it's not a trade the Kings should be making.

a mangy Meowth

Ross Colton Fan
Jun 21, 2012
Highlands Ranch, CO
Then you don't know much, no offense.

If that doesn't get you Gaudreau then it's not a trade the Kings should be making.
What other assets do they have?

And why would Calgary say yes to any of this other than Kopitar/Doughty? Which is the point I'm ultimately trying to make

Little Psycho

I solemnly swear I'm up to no good
Feb 4, 2007
Non-Yah
Toffoli plus might have worked a few years ago but not anymore. These two are not good trade partners.

treple13

Sep 1, 2013
Given that if the Flames traded Gaudreau, our primary need would be for an elite play-making winger, I don't see how this works with the Kings.

Wouldn't trade him straight up for Doughty due to difference in AAV and the Flames needed d-men less.

Wouldn't trade him straight up for Kopitar due to team need as mentioned above (having centres and needing wingers).

Flames wouldn't be trading him for lesser pieces so no to Vilardi, Toffoli or anything else unless they come with one of the above.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

*OvechKiN*

Nov 29, 2005
Doughty and Kopitar are better all around players, but they also make 11 and 10 MM vs 6.75 MM.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I'd go as high as Vilardi, Kempe/Clague/Petersen/Kupari/Toffoli (choose 2) and a 1st and I'd still expect Calgary to say no.

Only purpose for LA would be to spill its prospect guts for a win now and a guy but I can't even imagine a purpose for Calgary that results in a win now or win later without LA giving up 4 firsts or something completely absurd to their future that's already sketchy.

Reactions: DominikBokkFan

KingPuckChoo

Go kinGs Go !
Jun 24, 2007
i can't believe there's a hockey player in the NHL with a Hockey family name! talk about predestined

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
LOL I'm an Oilers fan and I still laughed aloud at this. How about Kopitar? That's the kind of heavy overpay they'd want to trade their homegrown star in-division.

Even then I don't know if they want the upgrade on Monahan that badly.

Wouldn't even trade Gaudreau for Kopitar.

Johnnybegood13

Jul 11, 2003
Yeah, good luck getting him. We don’t need Toffoli+. We’d want Doughty with us adding to Gaudreau. Not gonna pick up on lesser players.
I wouldn't trade Gaudreau for Doughty straight up, not because the value isn't there but because we need Gaudreau a hell of a lot more than Doughty and his $11 million boat anchor contract.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad