Value of: Johnny Hockey to LA

crackdown44

Cold milk cools down hot food
Dec 1, 2017
Doughty and Kopitar have more if not similar value. Doughty has more, but with CGY needing a RH forward, a goaltender, and a sweetener maybe something like

Pearson, Tiffoli, and Quick would and should do it- but that’s a lot from LA.

Not sure that Doughty @ 11 mil has more value than Gaudreau @ 6.75. Cap matters

blankall

Jul 4, 2007
As for the trade, while I doubt Gaudreau gets moved until his last year if at all, I actually think it's exactly what the Flames should do, and the sooner the better while his value is at its peak. He's a great player, and you can't deny the offense, but is he the kind of guy that drives wins on this team? That eventually brings the cup back to Calgary? I personally don't think so, and that's why I'd move him.
Yes he drives wins all the time. He was not the problem in Calgary last year. Whenever a player got playing time with him, they lit it up. He makes everyone around him better.

Last edited by a moderator:

CaptainCrunch67

Aug 23, 2005
As for the trade, while I doubt Gaudreau gets moved until his last year if at all, I actually think it's exactly what the Flames should do, and the sooner the better while his value is at its peak. He's a great player, and you can't deny the offense, but is he the kind of guy that drives wins on this team? That eventually brings the cup back to Calgary? I personally don't think so, and that's why I'd move him.

His whole career has been defined by clutch moments and dragging his teams to wins.

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
one of the worst trade threads ive ever read. wants an elite player on a great deal for Toffoli and scraps. lmao....

Woodtkachuk

Jun 2, 2011
it would literally cost doughty. Even then I would be pissed because of contract, age and need.

Why would the flames trade their best PPG cost controlled player signed to multiple years?

You won't even offer your best prospect? what a joke thread lol

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
Toffoli is like the second or third peice in a Gaudreau deal. Terrible basis

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
Villardi + Kupari ++

But then again, why would Calgary even do that? Trade their best player for a bunch of question marks.

Gaudreau isn't going anywhere

Reactions: Aerrol

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Gaudreau for kopitar

And I may still have to think about it due to age and salary

Nothing else really works for the flames

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
I say our top prospect is untouchable and Quick is a no go because we don't have a replacement and that comes across as i'm only moving expendables? TT isn't exactly chopped liver.

No worry
Nobody is going to trade their franchise player for prospect s

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005

Love the ignorance.

He put the team on his back as a rookie and dragged them to the playoffs, where he was the MVP of their playoff run. He did the same in the back 1/3 of the 2016-17 season to get them to the playoffs.

Without Gaudreau the Flames would be at 9 consecutive seasons of missing the playoffs (and counting).

He's won at every level, and proven to be big game player.

USHL Championship
NCAA National Championship
WJC Gold Medal

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Make sense, get rid of your franchise player and rebuild again before even trying
Gaudreau is similar to kane, he can win with the right teammates

Anyway, trading him for spare parts like tofoli is not the right thing regardless

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
Gadreau is close to franchise winger. He's on a steal contract with 4 more years of 6.75 AAV. And Calgary would even consider moving him to a Division Rival?

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
3rd piece? just as dumb as the the ops proposal.

PPG winger signed for 6.75M for 4 years vs 45-50 pt winger signed for 2 years at 4.6M, please tell me what your additions are to make an enticing deal for CGY and keeping Toffoli as the primary/most valuable piece.

Last edited:

a mangy Meowth

Ross Colton Fan
Jun 21, 2012
Highlands Ranch, CO
LA doesn't have the tradeable assets to acquire Gaudreau. Your prospects aren't enough and you can't move Kopi or Doughty. All your other assets outside of the two of them just don't start the conversation (IMO)

Reactions: Aerrol

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad