Value of: Johnny Hockey to LA

Dubcanesfan

Jan 6, 2016
If it were to happen it would take a lot, they would want a first round pick as well as a really good prospect, and a solid top 6 forward. That's at the minimum. Plus la isn't in a position to make that trade unless there going for the cup within the next 2 years which I don't think is there game plan right now. They aren't the lightning or the leafs right now!

Kingspiracy

Nov 13, 2006
LOL.

Seriously OP, its gonna cost a lot more. I really wouldn't want anything in LA anyway.

I know he would cost more, hence the ++, I vaguely recall Flames fans after TT in the past (not for Johnny) but if it's a no go thats fine.

CapnZin

Jul 20, 2017
Sweden
LOL.

Seriously OP, its gonna cost a lot more. I really wouldn't want anything in LA anyway.
Doughty and Kopitar have more if not similar value. Doughty has more, but with CGY needing a RH forward, a goaltender, and a sweetener maybe something like

Pearson, Tiffoli, and Quick would and should do it- but that’s a lot from LA.

Kingspiracy

Nov 13, 2006
If it were to happen it would take a lot, they would want a first round pick as well as a really good prospect, and a solid top 6 forward. That's at the minimum. Plus la isn't in a position to make that trade unless there going for the cup within the next 2 years which I don't think is there game plan right now. They aren't the lightning or the leafs right now!

I was thinking TT, 1st +, but I wouldn't be offended if that gets the f*** off treatment from the flames faithful, Gaudreau is a core guy that is young and locked up at a reasonable rate.

Reactions: flamesforcup

Kingspiracy

Nov 13, 2006
Doughty and Kopitar have more if not similar value. Doughty has more, but with CGY needing a RH forward, a goaltender, and a sweetener maybe something like

Pearson, Tiffoli, and Quick would and should do it- but that’s a lot from LA.

I'd probably do Pearson and TT at a stretch but we don't have a Quick replacement.

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
Toffoli
Kupari
Vilardi
+

Gaudreau is one of top wingers in the league

Owen Doty

Jan 1, 2018
He is as much an untouchable as almost anybody else in the league, especially considering we are division rivals. Maybe doughty could pry gaudreau out of calgary though, seeing as he would LOVE to play with tkachuk ;)

CaptainCrunch67

Aug 23, 2005
Without going into too much detail, the idea of the Flames giving up a 24 year old on a really good contract who's one of the top offensive centers in the league for a package with Toffoli as the key part of the deal is laughable. If the Flames were trading Gaudreau it signals a rebuild and the cost would be a thorough gutting of the Kings prospect and draft picks

Kingspiracy

Nov 13, 2006
Well they aren't going to trade their best player for stuff that you deem expendable.

Would you trade Kopitar for Lindholm + a first?

I say our top prospect is untouchable and Quick is a no go because we don't have a replacement and that comes across as i'm only moving expendables? TT isn't exactly chopped liver.

Kingspiracy

Nov 13, 2006
Without going into too much detail, the idea of the Flames giving up a 24 year old on a really good contract who's one of the top offensive centers in the league for a package with Toffoli as the key part of the deal is laughable. If the Flames were trading Gaudreau it signals a rebuild and the cost would be a thorough gutting of the Kings prospect and draft picks

Fair enough.

CaptainCrunch67

Aug 23, 2005
I say our top prospect is untouchable and Quick is a no go because we don't have a replacement and that comes across as i'm only moving expendables? TT isn't exactly chopped liver.

As a centerpoint in a trade for Gaudreau he is, besides I wouldn't be interested in a deal around Quick, and if your best prospect or two isn't available then the Kings don't have a package to offer.

blankall

Jul 4, 2007
Gaudreau is the offence in Calgary. Without him the team is sunk. He had as many points as Tavares last year. Is TT honestly a starting point here? The starting point is your best prospect, Vilardi, and TT is one of the add-ons.

Reactions: Steeler23

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
Yeah, good luck getting him. We don’t need Toffoli+. We’d want Doughty with us adding to Gaudreau. Not gonna pick up on lesser players.

Steeler23

Aug 10, 2004
Vilardi is a non starter, he's our potential Kopitar heir.

Drouin was dealt for Sergachev (Best Habs prospect at the time). I understand it's different because it was another DG, but you kinda have no choice to be ready to include your best prospect for a player like Gaudreau.

Canada Drai

Dwemer Remix
Oct 4, 2017

TIL GODreau is a center.

greasysnapper

Apr 6, 2018
As for the trade, while I doubt Gaudreau gets moved until his last year if at all, I actually think it's exactly what the Flames should do, and the sooner the better while his value is at its peak. He's a great player, and you can't deny the offense, but is he the kind of guy that drives wins on this team? That eventually brings the cup back to Calgary? I personally don't think so, and that's why I'd move him.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad