Johnny Hockey Contract Watch - The End of Days?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flamester

Aug 9, 2011
calgary
These two should have been signed long before July 1st rolled around, yet here we are 2nd week into August with nothing. Wtf is treliving doing? Is there a chance Johnny tells the flames to F off and demands a trade ?

Last edited by a moderator:

BigRangy

Get well soon oliver
Mar 17, 2015
not worried until Kucherov signs.

I have a feeling Gaudreau's camp is looking at him as a comparable, and Monahan's extension obviously won't be announced until Gaudreau's is.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
No. Both have made very amicable statements about expecting the signing to happen soon throughout the summer. Monahan (I think it was) even openly discussed the concept of a hometown discount to help the team win.

This is just Treliving's MO. Take a long time and get the right deal.

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
I honestly think Sean/John should be worried. No contracts and they likely don't play in the World Cup.

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
Bettman said the other day that players are allowed to play regardless. Plus I dont Sean/John give a F***

Allowed to play, yes. But if you have 50-60 million US on the table are you really going to play? I seriously doubt it.

Backlund

Dec 29, 2009
Calgary, AB
There are a few other RFAs who also need contracts so I wouldn't be worried. Sean and Johnny seem like they genuinely want to be here.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Treliving is trying to sign both these guys likely to long term deals, they are franchise pieces.

Both players have different agents, and it's been mentioned the idea of them getting matching deals. Imagine the challenges of this if it happens.

Treliving needs to get both players signed to deals that allows the Flames to resign Bennett and Tkachuk down road. We also need money to resign supporting players.

This was never gonna happen over night, I don't know why anyone is worried. Both players are on the record for saying that they are re-signing.

Unlimited Chequing

Christian Yellow
Jan 29, 2009
Calgary, Alberta
Both players have different agents, and it's been mentioned the idea of them getting matching deals. Imagine the challenges of this if it happens.

Yeah, I imagine if they both had the same agent, the deals would have been done, if not closer.

But yeah, I don't know why anyone would be worried. It's not like either side doesn't want this to happen. It's just ironing out the details.

And really, they're doing this for the fans cause they gotta give us something to speculate about or else there will be nothing left for us to talk about here :sarcasm:

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
Treliving is trying to sign both these guys likely to long term deals, they are franchise pieces.

Treliving needs to get both players signed to deals that allows the Flames to resign Bennett and Tkachuk down road. We also need money to resign supporting players.

This was never gonna happen over night, I don't know why anyone is worried. Both players are on the record for saying that they are re-signing.

I think they sign six year deals. In six years Gio's contract is up and we can use that money to give Monahan and Gaudreau raises.

Edit: they don't seem too interested in signing 8 year deals for whatever reason or I think it would have happened.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
I think they sign six year deals. In six years Gio's contract is up and we can use that money to give Monahan and Gaudreau raises.

Edit: they don't seem too interested in signing 8 year deals for whatever reason or I think it would have happened.

6 years x 6.25 per, both Johnny and Sean.

Flames Fanatic

Mediocre
Aug 14, 2008
Cochrane
Good grief. It's not even September yet.

Summer is the only time that people can take time off in Hockey really. I'm not even remotely surprised it's taking a little while.

Plus last offseason on locker cleanout day, Treliving said extending Gio was the #1 priority, and it took until October, despite being the top thing on his list.

It will happen. Just give it time.

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
Good grief. It's not even September yet.

Summer is the only time that people can take time off in Hockey really. I'm not even remotely surprised it's taking a little while.

Plus last offseason on locker cleanout day, Treliving said extending Gio was the #1 priority, and it took until October, despite being the top thing on his list.

It will happen. Just give it time.

http://www.calgarysun.com/2015/08/25/calgary-flames-mark-giordano-inks-six-year-contract

Didn't he sign in late August? But IIRC, that Gio contract took a while to hammer out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad