Eklund Rumor: Johnny Gaudreau

Dooble08

Jan 12, 2019
Flames

Flames actually say no. There isn't one player on the flyers besides maybe Nolan Patrick that goes 1 for 1 for gaudreau. 99 point player signed for 6.75 mill.

You say Gaudreau and Bennett for Provorov, Frost, and a 1st isn't enough. But then say Gaudreau for Patrick is fine. :biglaugh:

Edit: btw Philly doesn't touch Gaudreau and Bennett for Provorov, Frost, and a 1st.

Bond

May 10, 2012
Coming from a flyers fan, if Nolan Patrick is the hill you’re going to die on, then there is ZERO credibility assessing any of the flyers assets here.
No kidding, is Patrick pretty much done or is he getting better? Totally just stat watching but his point totals look mediocre and his migraine issues sound serrious.

Reactions: uncleben

I Like Eich

Oct 15, 2014
I'd give up BUF 1st (unprotected - keep in mind even though we look better this year, we've picked in the top-8 for 7 straight years and our division is brutal), Risto, and Mittlestadt for Johnny G. Doubt that's enough but I'm not sure what else of strong value BUF can give. I'm sure CGY would want Reinhart in any package offer from us

blankall

Jul 4, 2007
I'd give up BUF 1st (unprotected - keep in mind even though we look better this year, we've picked in the top-8 for 7 straight years and our division is brutal), Risto, and Mittlestadt for Johnny G. Doubt that's enough but I'm not sure what else of strong value BUF can give. I'm sure CGY would want Reinhart in any package offer from us

The Flames don't need Ristolainen.

Kaner9

Nov 10, 2019
NJ
I don't think he fits what NJ should be going for. He might want to come home butNJ needs to focus on the future.

prototypical4thliner

Jan 12, 2017
No kidding, is Patrick pretty much done or is he getting better? Totally just stat watching but his point totals look mediocre and his migraine issues sound serrious.
He’s a big question mark. The talent is there to be a very good two way center—a couturier light as it could turn out. There isn’t, and can’t be , a timeframe for something like migraines so we are in a holding pattern. Most fans here are looking at him as bonus territory instead of being a franchise corner piece.

He didn’t really show any consistency of production, especially with slow starts. His first year certainly was health related but we had high hopes last year he’d show consistent 50ish point production, majority coming at even strength because he wasn’t going to supplant any of our top power play guys.

Reactions: Bond

Dooble08

Jan 12, 2019

A lot of it has to do with injuries. He missed about 10 games each season (both closer to the beginning of the season I believe) and never hit his stride until the second half of each season. If he never missed time and was consistent over the full season, he would be pacing for around 45 points in each season. We were hoping that he would progress to be a 50 point plus player with a full season of work this year. Unfortunately, migraine issues popped up and he hasn't played a game yet.

Just today he was quoted as saying "If they (the migraines) had gone away, I'd be playing." He still expects to play this season. He also said that he has skated the last 5 or 6 days, but still no contact at this point.

Reactions: Bond and uncleben

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Flames

Flames actually say no. There isn't one player on the flyers besides maybe Nolan Patrick that goes 1 for 1 for gaudreau. 99 point player signed for 6.75 mill.
lol....why not just say you know nothing about the Flyers?

Flames 100% would not do that. Patrick is not within the top 10 most valuable assets the Flyers have. But hey, if you want Patrick for JG, have at it.

Reactions: TML1990

Conbon

Oct 4, 2016
London
Gaudreau for Couturier. Both on insane contracts for another 3 years. Flyers are stacked down the middle especially if Patrick gets sorted out and having signed Hayes long term. They could also shift Giroux back to center. Flames need a real number 1 center. A 1-2-3 Punch of Couturier, Lindholm, Backlund would be solid. Who says no?

Ainsy01

Jun 12, 2014
lol....why not just say you know nothing about the Flyers?

Flames 100% would not do that. Patrick is not within the top 10 most valuable assets the Flyers have. But hey, if you want Patrick for JG, have at it.

I see him as a 2nd overall pick, right hand shot center.

Whats going on with him that makes his value so terrible

Dooble08

Jan 12, 2019
Gaudreau for Couturier. Both on insane contracts for another 3 years. Flyers are stacked down the middle especially if Patrick gets sorted out and having signed Hayes long term. They could also shift Giroux back to center. Flames need a real number 1 center. A 1-2-3 Punch of Couturier, Lindholm, Backlund would be solid. Who says no?

Flyers say no.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Flyers say no. I just don't think people realize how important Couturier is to the Flyers. He is just not replaceable and won't be traded.
I see him as a 2nd overall pick, right hand shot center.

Whats going on with him that makes his value so terrible

Like I said...you obviously don't know about the Flyers. Patrick hasn't played all year due to migraines. They have been an issue with him since June. Him coming back at all this year is a bonus at this point.

The Flames are just not going to trade JG for someone who is such a question mark, nor should they. As for my 10 person comment, it's more about the other 10. In no order

Couturier
Giroux
Konecny
Lindblom
Farabee
Frost

Provy
Sanheim
Myers
Ghost

Hart

They all have more value than Patrick right now...and guys like Niskanen, Voracek, JVR, Hayes were all better last year. The Flyers finally have a deep team at all positions and Patrick is going to need to prove himself better to take icetime from others.

Boxscore

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 22, 2007
Gostibehere, Patrick and a 1st for Gudreau and a 2nd.

I'm down.

Connor McConnor

Nov 22, 2017
Johnny "I choke under pressure or when I get hit" Gaudreau is a great regular season player. And this year he cant even do that.

flyerslducks

Feb 15, 2017

flyer fans. Couts is a top 3-5 defensive center who has scored near a ppg pace the last two seasons. His numbers are off the charts. We would be even more mediocre if we didnt have couts. Our team would fall apart. He is that important to our team

https://www.tsn.ca/sean-couturier-working-his-way-to-the-top-of-the-2011-draft-class-1.1406872

phlocky

Jan 2, 2007
Flames

You do realize that he wanted Provo, Frost AND a 1st for JG and a toss in

Gtfoh

Bond

May 10, 2012
There isn’t, and can’t be , a timeframe for something like migraines so we are in a holding pattern.
Yeah, that really sucks for him. Also a worry if he does play and gets a concussion. Would not want to mess around with migraines but he literally has millions riding on gutting it out.

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
I wouldn't want to move Gaudreau for a collection of lesser assets. I'd want something that will actually make us better. To me, there are 2 players the Flyers have that are better/worth more than Gaudreau. Provorov and Couturier. Gost, Frost and a pick don't get it done for me. I'd rather add something to Johnny and go after a legit difference maker. We're giving up a player you either draft of pay 11M as a UFA, we better be getting one back.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
I wouldn't want to move Gaudreau for a collection of lesser assets. I'd want something that will actually make us better. To me, there are 2 players the Flyers have that are better/worth more than Gaudreau. Provorov and Couturier. Gost, Frost and a pick don't get it done for me. I'd rather add something to Johnny and go after a legit difference maker. We're giving up a player you either draft of pay 11M as a UFA, we better be getting one back.

Likewise - trading either of those players for a collection of lesser assets makes the Flyers worse. round and round we go.

Ainsy01

Jun 12, 2014
You do realize that he wanted Provo, Frost AND a 1st for JG and a toss in

Gtfoh

While the value may be there, flames have absolutely zero need for a left shot d man. This whole thread is a waste of time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad