Johnny Boychuk suffers career ending eye injury

JTToilinginToronto

Isles Fan
Jan 18, 2019
He is not retiring, guy.
He more or less is even if that's not the actual wording.

Guy has eye issues. Neither the Islanders nor I caused that and I feel bad that he's suffered those injuries in the past. But it is what it is at this point and there's no denying that him ceasing to continue to play helps my team. It may not be the feel goody stuff of a Full House episode, but it's the truth.

Wish him the best in his life going forward and I appreciate his play for the Islanders over the past X seasons.

GrandmaSlices51631

Dec 12, 2013
Long Beach
Thank you Boychuk for all the hard minutes logged, shots blocked and always sticking up for your teammates.

This guy resigned with the Islanders when they were not respected in the league, immediately became a fan favorite and really led by example from day one to his last game. I know he bought a home recently and seems to like it on the Island, hoping there is a role for him in the NYI organization.

banks

W W W 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
Aug 29, 2019
Good player. I always felt Boychuk was underrated.

I'm glad he's doing what's best for him. I hope he enjoys LTIRetirement.

HuskyBruinPride

Aug 1, 2011
I absolutely loved Boychuk when he was with the Bruins. Such a warrior. This is sad to see, wish him all the best.

JTToilinginToronto

Isles Fan
Jan 18, 2019
I know, which is why bragging about newfound cap space shouldn't be the immediate reaction
You realize you're in the trade/FA board where cap space is a relevant topic, correct?

There's also a Boychuk thread in the general NHL talk board if you just want a feely good safe space with no scary cap space posts.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad