Johnny Boychuk suffers career ending eye injury

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
Damn hope it doesnt affect his life much moving forward.

Isles get another 6M capsapce, just from a team perspective if they had known of this earlier they could have kept Toews most likely by dealing Komorov or Hickey giving them 13ish million for him and barzal.

Green

Nov 13, 2019

Isles get another 6M capsapce, just from a team perspective if they had known of this earlier they could have kept Toews most likely by dealing Komorov or Hickey giving them 13ish million for him and barzal.
sounds like he is going on the IR and going to keep getting paid, any why not

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
The guy was a warrior. Hopefully he stays around and coaches in Bridgeport and helps develop the young talent.

Reactions: Ignite111

East Coast Icestyle

Mar 6, 2015
Nova Scotia, Canada

I think it's most likely that the injury hurt something like his peripherals and opens him up for dangerous situations, and that it hasn't overall impaired his sight. That's just my guess on why this would occur, as there was nothing about him becoming blind or such.

DarkHorse2

Feb 27, 2002
That really sucks.

It sucks for him for sure, but he was so beat up over the past few seasons. Better to walk away than not be able to walk.

I wonder if the concussion in the playoffs was the last straw. Either way, I think he'll stay in the organization.

Reactions: Cygnusx1018

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad