Confirmed with Link: John Tortorella suspended 2 games

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
And what exactly will that get us?
The worst possible result, no playoffs and not not top 10 pick. I guess that is what the fans realise and don't like, and rightly so.
Tortorella is a demanding coach, but the team might manage to last for 60 games and the the wheels fall off.

I am not happy with the league and the officiating, therefore I appreciate what he did.

gto64dr

Jan 15, 2012
They are held accountable by getting to officiate playoff games if they are the best of the group. Now does that mean the playoffs won't have bad calls of course not.
And what decides they're the best of the group. How about the teams voting for the best?

Flyerfan4life

Jun 9, 2010
Richmond BC, Canada
The worst possible result, no playoffs and not not top 10 pick. I guess that is what the fans realise and don't like, and rightly so.
Tortorella is a demanding coach, but the team might manage to last for 60 games and the the wheels fall off.

I am not happy with the league and the officiating, therefore I appreciate what he did.
it was always gunna be the worst possible outcome..

50 years cupless you learn what to expect.. and we always receive it

why is Torts doing tonites lineup ?

i thought his suspension was no contact with team during his 2 games.

or am i remembering that wrong

dragonoffrost

It'll be a cold day...
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2019
Hell
And what decides they're the best of the group. How about the teams voting for the best?
One hand you'll have endless parades to the penalty box and complaints that the refs are affecting the game. On the other side is the call nothing and again the refs are affecting the game.

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
it was always gunna be the worst possible outcome..

50 years cupless you learn what to expect.. and we always receive it

why is Torts doing tonites lineup ?

i thought his suspension was no contact with team during his 2 games.

or am i remembering that wrong
It is not the coach's mistake, it's the GMs

BackToTheBrierePatch

Nope not today.
Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
One hand you'll have endless parades to the penalty box and complaints that the refs are affecting the game. On the other side is the call nothing and again the refs are affecting the game.
My take is who would want to be a game official. In any sport.

Torts is a c***. I hope he gets suspended for infinity next time. Hey John, f*** you and the horse you literally rode in on before getting kicked in the dick.

Bitch.
IMG_0176.jpeg

BlackandOrange

Jul 12, 2018
Breadalbane, PE
People upset about Torts squeezing extra wins out of this team making the draft picks worse is strange to me, but I get their logic. For me I have no beef with collecting Ws. The stink of losing can be hard to wash off of a team. As well as a decade of mediocrity or worse is causing my fan patience to wear down.

I would be pretty flabbergasted if we won a round though.

Flyerfan4life

Jun 9, 2010
Richmond BC, Canada
People upset about Torts squeezing extra wins out of this team making the draft picks worse is strange to me, but I get their logic. For me I have no beef with collecting Ws. The stink of losing can be hard to wash off of a team. As well as a decade of mediocrity or worse is causing my fan patience to wear down.

come back after 50 years of cupless sameasiteverwas.. and lets talk..

freakydallas13

Jan 30, 2007
Victoria, BC

People always point to how loser culture permeates and is hard to get rid of, but it seems to me that "eternal mediocre" culture is just as difficult to reverse. For every perma-bad team like Buffalo, it seems like there are 2 perma-mediocre teams like the Flyers and the Wild.

dragonoffrost

It'll be a cold day...
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2019
Hell
I saw screen shots of posts on X that quote Torts about tonight's lineup.

Wouldn't it be classic for the NHL to see those and investigate and rule that Torts violated his suspension and they add more games?

Reactions: Curufinwe

BritainStix

F**k Cutter Gauthier
Oct 20, 2016
I don't particularly like Torts. But f*** yeah. f*** Wes Macauly the absolute cum stain. Guy has openly admitted to holding grudges against players and affecting games. It's a travesty the league has done nothing about him.

Reactions: Rebels57

dragonoffrost

It'll be a cold day...
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2019
Hell
The problem with the NHL is it's referees aren't accountable for their calls. McCauley is hated by several teams fanbases. He makes vindictive calls when he's questioned. The game was lost in the first ten minutes because our goalie had a bad start NOT because of Torts. If you don't like him that's fine, don't make it up to be the coach. I think all sports should have a limited number of coaches reviews to all plays, penalty free. Unbiased reviews. Referees aren't perfect and it would make for a happier fan base. Torts lost his cool. We're not all robots.
From Paul Stewart (ex official and ex director of officials in the NHL) on a site that really isn't getting linked :)

When someone says this, they might mean well, but it is such a blatant tell that the person has never officiated a thing in his life. Officials can get written up, fined, lose playoff assignments (which you feel in both the wallet and in the heart) straight up to not being brought back for future seasons. Yes, there's an officials association. No, there isn't a sense that "no one can touch me". This is flat out false. What is true is that some supervisors and officiating directors are more effective than others.

gto64dr

Jan 15, 2012
From Paul Stewart (ex official and ex director of officials in the NHL) on a site that really isn't getting linked :)
Well we have no problem naming names on players and coaches. If this is true name names on officials. Or are they above it?

dragonoffrost

It'll be a cold day...
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2019
Hell
Well we have no problem naming names on players and coaches. If this is true name names on officials. Or are they above it?
From that same source material

There are reasons why there's no public flogging of officials or hangings in the village green. We have enough retention problems as it is. But just because these things don't get announced doesn't mean they do not happen. In this case, an inexperienced official showed his inexperience, and a senior official transferred the heat to himself because he can take it.

I don't know how many dozens of games that Tortorella has coached that McCauley officiated -- I'm sure it's quite a few -- but it's not like they are a latter day Earl Weaver and Ron Luciano, where you can set an argument and ejection by your watch. Whatever happened and whatever was said on Saturday is now over and done. There won't be a carryover. That isn't Torts' way and it isn't McCauley's way.

And also why not name names. In today's screwed up world you know some Fan(atic) is going to go to death threats and possible real violence.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: Beef Invictus

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad