John Tortorella is not happy with Pierre Luc-Dubois

Status
Not open for further replies.

Damisoph

Jun 29, 2010
More telling to me is the lack of Jackets' players coming out to defend PLD. Coupled with that horrific effort last night, his days in Columbus are numbered.

Reactions: HBK27

paulhiggins

Feb 4, 2006
I would want to hear Dubois' side of the story. I bet it would match how other players felt about Torts. The video posted shows what looks like a man confused but it could be a man abused (mental abuse by the coach). Too hard to tell the difference from an armchair.

Reactions: Lurch

Karl Eriksson

Boring!
Apr 12, 2007
Ottawa
I would want to hear Dubois' side of the story. I bet it would match how other players felt about Torts. The video posted shows what looks like a man confused but it could be a man abused (mental abuse by the coach). Too hard to tell the difference from an armchair.

Could also be a man sabotaging his team to force management’s hand. Hard to tell.

Reactions: Vegeta and jonlin

jonlin

Nov 11, 2011
More telling to me is the lack of Jackets' players coming out to defend PLD. Coupled with that horrific effort last night, his days in Columbus are numbered.

I have a hard time thinking that anyone on the team would defend him. If it was me and our starplayer quits on us, asked for a trade and show no effort on ice - I would actually hate the guy. Even more if the entitled brat just signed a 5M contract and behaves like this. I`d understand if he didnt sign and sits out waiting for a trade, but if you sign - show some f:ing effort!

jonlin

Nov 11, 2011

I doubt PLD would have signed his 2yr contract if abused. He`d sit out waiting for a trade.

Gordian Knot

Jul 3, 2016
I would let him sit in press box until his contract is over.

Both are unprofessional but PLD is also shitting on his teammates with those lousy effort plays.

Reactions: jonlin

jonlin

Nov 11, 2011
Press box for 2 years? Savage

Well, if you quit on the team, show no effort and should be the #1 guy, I`d certainly sit him. If teams start to let youngsters on RESTRICTED contracts handcuff them, there should be examples made. GM:s should sit down and agree on theese things. There shouldnt be an option for a young millionaire to think he is greater than the team drafting him and that he is the one who decides where he playes.

Critical13

Fear is the mind-killer.
Feb 25, 2017
Sitting at a desk.
Imagine being the GM of another team and seeing this, no way you'd want that kind of player on your team.

I have a feeling every GM in the league still wants PLD.

This is obviously a bad situation and I imagine professionals who live and breathe hockey aren't writing off a 22 Y/O 1C because of a spat with a notoriously abrasive coach. It does remove the halo PLD had after the playoffs last year, though.

Last edited:

JeffP

had meat hello
Nov 30, 2010
TL;DR = you’ve already seen players leave and you’ve gotten some success out of the coach, but it’s done.

I’d get rid of both of them, PLD when you get the soonest appropriate offer because I kind of feel like that ship has sailed and you want a good return before he/the team/standings sinks that value. If you had wanted to keep PLD, you might have already pulled the trigger on the coach. The only reason to keep him is if you’re swapping the coach and trying to pump his trade value headed toward the playoffs?

Torts is a coach with a short shelf life, and its past due. Multiple big name players have left, how much clearer do you need it to be? For the CBJ fans on their own board calling for Babcock/Hartley/etc WHY? That’s really just more of the same. I think you’re better served with a player’s coach, i.e. Gallant/Boudreau/etc and or someone internal or slightly off the map like Rikard Grönborg, or if the timing had been better, Jim Montgomery.

If you keep putting it off, you’re just damaging how players around the league or coming into the league perceive you’re whole org. This is also a team that could really really benefit from a rebrand/overhaul, fix that sh.

Karl Eriksson

Boring!
Apr 12, 2007
Ottawa
Imagine being the GM of another team and seeing this, no way you'd want that kind of player on your team.

Yeah. Bad move by him. Before people assumed it was mean old torts being a problem, now we see that PLD could be the issue. Helps no one.

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
They're both idiots, but Tortorella shouldn't be reacting like this. Nobody will win. Dubois will probably end up somewhere he won't want to play at.

At the end of the day Tortorella is Columbus's most valuable asset as he brought them to highs no coach could ever do.

Reactions: awegrzyn

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
TL;DR = you’ve already seen players leave and you’ve gotten some success out of the coach, but it’s done.

I’d get rid of both of them, PLD when you get the soonest appropriate offer because I kind of feel like that ship has sailed and you want a good return before he/the team/standings sinks that value. If you had wanted to keep PLD, you might have already pulled the trigger on the coach. The only reason to keep him is if you’re swapping the coach and trying to pump his trade value headed toward the playoffs?

Torts is a coach with a short shelf life, and its past due. Multiple big name players have left, how much clearer do you need it to be? For the CBJ fans on their own board calling for Babcock/Hartley/etc WHY? That’s really just more of the same. I think you’re better served with a player’s coach, i.e. Gallant/Boudreau/etc and or someone internal or slightly off the map like Rikard Grönborg, or if the timing had been better, Jim Montgomery.

If you keep putting it off, you’re just damaging how players around the league or coming into the league perceive you’re whole org. This is also a team that could really really benefit from a rebrand/overhaul, fix that sh.
The two big name players who left were Panarin and Duchene. There was literally only one city and team Panarin wanted to go to and he did just that. Everyone on Planet Earth knew where Duchene wanted to go and (Surprise Surprise!) he signed there. That had nothing to do with Tortz.

ProjectPanthers

Podcast discussing the Florida Panthers
Mar 6, 2002
Towanna
linktr.ee
I dont see what people see in this guy. I dont see any potential star in him. Really solid player but not someone I would overpay for.
Plays protected minutes and doesn't particularly drive play. He's a solid 2nd line center though, no question. Don't think he'll ever be a #1 center on a good team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce