John Tortorella ejected 10 minutes into game, refused to leave (upd: fined $50k and suspended 2 games)

Nikki Potnick

Aug 26, 2020
Where the sun don't shine
Right call by the league, can't be doing that immature shit.

I bet Torts wish he handled it better. I think the fact his GM sold off some good pieces of his team while he's in the race to make the playoffs and getting killed 10mins into the game just pushed him off the edge. I highly doubt this is him just going off at the refs, and more frustration at the state of things going on with his team.

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
Pretty funny that McCauley never came over to the bench and the other three officials did.

I wonder what would happen if he just completely refused to leave. Delay of game penalty? Forfeit? It would be interesting to see.

If Torts kept refusing to leave the bench after being ejected?

Rule 66 – Forfeit of Game
66.1 Forfeit of Game - In the event of failure by a Club to comply with a provision of the League constitution, by-laws, resolutions, rules or regulations affecting the playing of a game, the Referee shall, if so directed by the Commissioner or his designee, refuse to permit the game to proceed until the offending Club comes into compliance with such provision.
Should the offending club persist in its refusal to come into compliance, the Referee shall, with the prior approval of the Commissioner or his designee, declare the game forfeited and the non-offending Club the winner. Should the Referee declare the game forfeited because both Clubs have refused to comply with such a provision, the visiting Club shall be declared the winner.
If the game is declared forfeited prior to its having commenced, the score shall be recorded as 1-0 and no player shall be credited with any personal statistics.
If the game was in progress at the time it is declared forfeited, the score shall be recorded as zero for the loser and 1, or such greater number of goals that had been scored by it, for the winner; however, the players on both Clubs shall be credited with all personal statistics earned up to the time the forfeit was declared.

Maurice of Orange

Wahatquenak
Feb 5, 2016
Right call by the league, can't be doing that immature shit.

I bet Torts wish he handled it better. I think the fact his GM sold off some good pieces of his team while he's in the race to make the playoffs and getting killed 10mins into the game just pushed him off the edge. I highly doubt this is him just going off at the refs, and more frustration at the state of things going on with his team.
The refereeing in the game last night was absolutely atrocious.

Anyone who has passion for the game of hockey, especially in a playoff race, might respond negatively toward the referees reversing themselves in the favor of the opposing team on a special night at home (04 Cup win reunion).

It said Torts never threatened the refs just disagreed with the tripping calls assessed to Ronnie Attard especially the 2nd call where Eyssimont just lost his footing and almost appeared to dive. After that PP goal Torts lost his shit.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Well here’s his chance if he really wants to rage against the machine and stand a bold stand against corrupt and incompetent officials.

Ignore the suspension. Show up anyway. “F you I won’t do what you tell me” rings pretty hollow when it’s “yes daddy, whatever you say daddy” when you get grounded for a couple days.

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
Well here’s his chance if he really wants to rage against the machine and stand a bold stand against corrupt and incompetent officials.

Ignore the suspension. Show up anyway. “F you I won’t do what you tell me” rings pretty hollow when it’s “yes daddy, whatever you say daddy” when you get grounded for a couple days.

You mean sit on the bench when he’s suspended?

Again…
Rule 66 – Forfeit of Game
66.1 Forfeit of Game - In the event of failure by a Club to comply with a provision of the League constitution, by-laws, resolutions, rules or regulations affecting the playing of a game, the Referee shall, if so directed by the Commissioner or his designee, refuse to permit the game to proceed until the offending Club comes into compliance with such provision.
Should the offending club persist in its refusal to come into compliance, the Referee shall, with the prior approval of the Commissioner or his designee, declare the game forfeited and the non-offending Club the winner. Should the Referee declare the game forfeited because both Clubs have refused to comply with such a provision, the visiting Club shall be declared the winner.
If the game is declared forfeited prior to its having commenced, the score shall be recorded as 1-0 and no player shall be credited with any personal statistics.
If the game was in progress at the time it is declared forfeited, the score shall be recorded as zero for the loser and 1, or such greater number of goals that had been scored by it, for the winner; however, the players on both Clubs shall be credited with all personal statistics earned up to the time the forfeit was declared.

WaitingForThatCab

#1 Nick Cousins Fan Account
Mar 11, 2017

You're joking, right?

His team's in a playoff spot, why would he jeopardize that? He clearly already made his point.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
You're joking, right?

His team's in a playoff spot, why would he jeopardize that? He clearly already made his point.
So he wasn’t really taking a bold stand in the game but rather throwing a tantrum in a game his team was being blown out in

Everyone is acting like Torts is some brave freedom fighter standing up for what he believe in. In reality he’s an aggrieved child who threw a temper tantrum, got grounded, had some allowance taken anway, and is now taking his punishment.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad