John Tortorella ejected 10 minutes into game, refused to leave (upd: fined $50k and suspended 2 games)

PatriceBergeronFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2011
USA
McCauley should have called his bluff and made the Flyers forfeit. I never would have stopped laughing.

People don't pay to watch Torts coach any more than they pay to watch McCauley ref, but you can't make a mockery of the sport like this. If you get ejected, leave the rink. Period.

Mockery of the sport? This is hardly a serious issue.

WhataKnight

The KnightMan Cometh!
Jan 6, 2023
The fact that so many fanbases and so many posters have seen this and come in to say “f*** the refs” or give Torts props…..

Cheers to you all, my Violent Gentlemen and Ladies.

1710037299106.gif

Space umpire

Nov 15, 2018
Cocoa Beach, Florida
Balls? Lolololol
You know what he meant. And I agree you posted something as a fact when the fact is it was just your opinion.
I officiate a sport at the NCAA DI level. Attend many clinics and seminars with pro officials from a plethora of sports.
Trust me, they don’t care.

They know they can’t win and turn it off after the game.

In this instance had he not done anything there would be a thread about how they lost control of the game. They can’t win, especially hockey officials. Fast game, a lot going on. And 10,000 fans on some site bitching. (Most of them can’t skate but still they bitch) pretending to be superior to them.

The Grim Reaper

Apr 18, 2017
Hobart, Tasmania
You know what he meant. And I agree you posted something as a fact when the fact is it was just your opinion.
I officiate a sport at the NCAA DI level. Attend many clinics and seminars with pro officials from a plethora of sports.
Trust me, they don’t care.

They know they can’t win and turn it off after the game.

In this instance had he not done anything there would be a thread about how they lost control of the game. They can’t win, especially hockey officials. Fast game, a lot going on. And 10,000 fans on some site bitching. (Most of them can’t skate but still they bitch) pretending to be superior to them.
Sounds like the NHL should invest, train, and find refs that give a f***.

Last edited:

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Torts will be getting a big fine, deserved.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Summary of the events:
- Refuses to leave
- Leaves

He really showed them!
I wonder if Torts has come to accept he’s squeezed all the juice he can out of the club and it’s going to be a very difficult last quarter so he’s very frustrated?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad