John Tortorella ejected 10 minutes into game, refused to leave (upd: fined $50k and suspended 2 games)

thedjpd

Sponsor
Dec 12, 2002
San Jose, CA
Yeah I can see why a fanbase would be mad at a coach for making their team massively overachieve. Hes rough on young kids which can be frustrating but you cant argue with his results.

I would agree but Flyers aren’t just overachieving. They are because their young players are taking steps forward.

TKB

Jun 12, 2010
Chicago
Would the refs of had the power to call the game if he had refused?
In amatuer even high level, as an official the game is suspended, IIRC coach gets a match penalty. WIth a significant paid gate, there is no way they suspend/forfiet the game.

I love Torts, and didn't see what he was mad about, or how long he held out, but if it was any siginifcant delay he will deservedly get a suspension, possibuly lenghty.

Reactions: jarboy

The Grim Reaper

Apr 18, 2017
Hobart, Tasmania
Refs also don't care. Forfeit the game then if you are too petulant to follow the rules.

I think its funny to be honest but it's also pretty dumb.
Oh trust me, the refs care. Their inferiority and god complexes were in overdrive after being challenged. They’re going to be punching air tomorrow during all the play this clip gets. You think they don’t care, they do.

nucksflailtogether

Oct 15, 2017
Oh trust me, the refs care. Their inferiority and god complexes were in overdrive after being challenged. They’re going to be punching air tomorrow during all the play this clip gets. You think they don’t care, they do.
Another person who has never refereed a game before, you'd be far worse than them if you had the balls to grab a whistle and even do a bantam game.

PatriceBergeronFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2011
USA
I do like Wes - he is entertaining and generally one of the respectable officials in the NHL. Very rare.

In this case though ejecting a coach reeks of MLB umpire egos. No need to escalate. Team Torts here.

MetalheadPenguinsFan

Sep 17, 2009
Canada
BzmQyq5CIAEjkTy.jpg:large

Reactions: Kryten and MardyBum

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad