John Tavares

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheKule

Jun 3, 2011
I checked out their board, so many embarassing comments regarding JT and comments in general. And that winter soldier guy is apparently an Islander fan so his garbage posting about hte leafs makes sense now.

seem like a pretty awful fanbase

Interactif used to be a Leafs fan, the type that despised Jake Gardiner. I enjoy this forum for its shit talk, but the guy is border line obsessed with this squad.

JT is such an animal, just a real powerful guy on the boards and good with the puck in limited room. Most surprising to me has been his excellent defensive positioning.

Reactions: Golden Puppers

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
This guy really is something. I never thought he'd end up a Leaf in the first place, much less scoring 45 goals (and counting). It's pretty darn amazing.

And he's a really capable influence all over the ice. It's truly special having this guy on the team.

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
Would be so special to see him score 50.

He matched his career high tonight as well, will likely hit 90 points.

Reactions: unitedstars87

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
the season he's having is a bit under the radar because he doesn't get as much PP time as he's used to, and in a reduced role to boot. Certainly one of the best offensive players in the league, and the best at getting scoring chances from good areas

Jimmy Firecracker

Fire Sheldon.
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
I checked out their board, so many embarassing comments regarding JT and comments in general. And that winter soldier guy is apparently an Islander fan so his garbage posting about hte leafs makes sense now.

He's a fan of whichever team is in direct competition with us. Whether that's with regards to similar players, prospects, stage of team development, GMs, etc.

diceman934

Help is on the way.
Jul 31, 2010
NHL player factory
He's a fan of whichever team is in direct competition with us. Whether that's with regards to similar players, prospects, stage of team development, GMs, etc.
He is banded from posting on here. He was a forced ignore by mods for me. To say I disliked him as a poster was an understatement.

I said in the summer that JT would get around 50 goals this season. He has always been a natural goal scorer but he has not had a player like Marner to pass the puck to him. Marner just reached 90 points tonight most points by a Leaf since 1996/ 1997 season when Sundin has 94 points.

Reactions: TorMapleJays

FrozenJagrt

Dec 16, 2009

He's not an Islanders fan. He's a former Leafs fan who was banished from here, became a Jets fan when the talk was Matthews vs Laine, and joined the Isles group when Tavares signed in Toronto. Check the Boston boards when the playoffs start, he'll be a Bruins fan.

Nithoniniel

Sep 7, 2012
Skövde, Sweden
I feel conflicted. I'm a Habs fan but my favorite player is a leaf. Guy is just so steady. He deserves a cup and hopefully he gets one during his tenure with the leafs.
Yeah I know what you mean. Bergeron is my favorite player and he's not only a Bruin, he's been on the center stage for some of my absolutely worst memories as a Leafs fan too.

Reactions: DangerDave

MSZ

Car guy
Oct 5, 2014
Scarborough
He's not an Islanders fan. He's a former Leafs fan who was banished from here, became a Jets fan when the talk was Matthews vs Laine, and joined the Isles group when Tavares signed in Toronto. Check the Boston boards when the playoffs start, he'll be a Bruins fan.

Former Leaf fan? WTF? lol

Did he switch teams back in the 80s? I knew a guy who switched to Montreal back in the days because the Leafs sucked so bad.

BayStreetBully

Oct 25, 2007
Toronto
I feel conflicted. I'm a Habs fan but my favorite player is a leaf. Guy is just so steady. He deserves a cup and hopefully he gets one during his tenure with the leafs.

It’s always nice to see greatness, regardless of team. I don’t care much for the current Habs, but Patrick Roy was so great I turned into a big fan of his, and eventually became my favorite goalie of all time.

Reactions: DangerDave

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
Former Leaf fan? WTF? lol

Did he switch teams back in the 80s? I knew a guy who switched to Montreal back in the days because the Leafs sucked so bad.

hilariously he did the opposite - he was a crazy homer leaf fan all through their 10yr playoff drought....and then switched away as soon as they got good.

deletethis

Mar 17, 2015
Toronto
It's impossible for me to have a favourite player who isn't a Toronto Maple Leaf. That would suggest that I have chosen to be a Toronto Maple Leafs' fan. I've tried to force myself to become a fan of a team (Green Bay in the NFL - before Brett Favre, Buffalo when they seemed ticketed to Toronto) but it wouldn't permanently take. I don't know how it's done.

Whaleafs

“The Leafs are mulch again”
Mar 24, 2017
HFX
he's got 3gms to score 5gls to score his 50th goal @NYI.

well he didn't lead the isles anywhere and hasn't impacted this team as much as hoped for.

so what are we making him captain for?

the whole team is setting career records for goals and points.

and Johnny doesn't look like He'll be hitting a record in points anyways.

I think we're moderately better in all aspects this year, even though we've had more key players miss games this year. so as expected.

I'm just not sure I see that Tavares has added anything above or beyond being the very good player that he is.

All hail our resident super genius

Morbo

The Annihilator
Jan 14, 2003
Toronto
Can't wait to see him in the playoffs wearing a Leaf jersey.

He may or may not be some kind of android, but he's a hell of a hockey player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad