Player Discussion: John Tavares- Part V (Mod Warning in OP)

Does JT stay?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

LAIslanderFan

Nov 18, 2010
Los Angeles, CA & Surprise, AZ
I have to say as a Sens fan i understand completely how you guys feel, because of our ****ty owner we wasted the primes years of our franchise player (Karlsson) and now we have to trade him because our owner cant pay him. so i understand your pain Islanders fans. the worst part is that JT will probably signed with the goddamned Leafs!!!! TSN and Sportsnet will creamed their shorts. Oh God help us!!
I always had a soft spot in my heart for the Canadian teams that aren't the from Toronto or Montreal. The fans from those markets always seemed so obnoxious to me. They seemed to be condescending towards team like Ottawa, Edmonton or Calgary. It's good to see a very good team in the "Peg".

majormet

Nov 12, 2009
Dix Hills, NY
What moves?

Last thing i want i LL trading top prospects to make up for JT's absence.

There's big holes on this team.

Last thing i want is LL trying to make a quick fix

Oh this team can add a lot by UFA with the money freed up not signing JT,

Neal/Barzal/Eberle
Lee/Beau/Bailey
Nelson/Bozak/JHS
Johnston/Cizikas/Clutter

Leddy/Boychuk
Sbisa/Pulock
Pelech/Polak

Anderson/Gibson

That could be a better team

Last edited:

majormet

Nov 12, 2009
Dix Hills, NY
I always had a soft spot in my heart for the Canadian teams that aren't the from Toronto or Montreal. The fans from those markets always seemed so obnoxious to me. They seemed to be condescending towards team like Ottawa, Edmonton or Calgary. It's good to see a very good team in the "Peg".

I put Edmonton with the other 2 for sure.. .for sure

And Winnipeg is still an American team to me, they are still the Thrashers LOL

Words Of Wisdom

Truth Speaker
Oct 20, 2011
Long Island.
At the end of the day, losing JT will suck a ton. I won’t sugarcoat it but we gotta have faith in the new regime to get the right players this offseason. Not to mention, this team will really band together and play hard to prove they don’t need their “savior”. We have some major talent in the minors and a superstar in Barzal whom you can argue has a harder skill set to maintain than JT.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
It's not Monday morning qb when I said we should trade him after he refused to sign an extension last summer and wanted to play the year out. I predicted this would happen so yeee I'm freaking pissed right now. Losing JT for nothing when you have no idea if he was going to sign is not worth I don't care what you say. Obviously the islanders were playing Russian Roulette and lost big time. You don't take that kind of gamble as now you have set your franchise back big time.

I was referring to myself with the Monday Morning QB reference.

It's obviously a gamble, but if I knew there was a legitimate chance to re-sign him, I take that chance. You can disagree and play it safe, I'd swing for the fences. Sometimes you miss though. Basically every free agent to be is someone you're not sure is going to sign, so should every team always trade their UFA's to be? I don't believe in that philosophy and take it case by case. And again, he hasn't decided anything yet.

Opinions are allowed to differ. I take that gamble every time The return would never be as great as keeping jt, and the franchise isn’t set back as far as you are making it seem.

That's right. There was also a lack of information pertaining to certain things that influenced my thought process. One of which, and I was wrong, was I assumed the poison pill in Snow's contract wasn't there or not too bad. I still find it absurd that Malkin/Ledecky didn't have some sort of protection in place to prevent that from happening...and I'd be more annoyed if they signed off on that.

Goombha

Raging Ryan
Aug 27, 2013
Doesn't it stand to reason if he plans to resign with the Islanders he would do it before becoming a free agent. What can he possible discover between today and a week from today that he doesn't already know? As optimistic as I was of him resigning, if it's not inked by midnight, he's...

Anthony works in a grocery store
saving his pennies for someday
mama leone left a note on the door
she said sonny move out to the country...

...it seems such a waste of time
if that's what it's all about
mama if that's movin up
then I'm movin' out.

Reactions: frankieboy

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
And fans from Toronto and Montreal have a soft spot in their head for their own team.

Islesfan22

Jan 15, 2013
Rockland
JT is not God, it ain't Russian Roulette,
No he's not God. It is though if you have no idea if your franchise center is staying or going which is pretty apparent right now. The islanders took a huge gamble thanks to Garth freaking Snow and lost big time. Will they recover from this ye probably as I have faith in Lou but it's gonna take a lot more time now.

Big L

Grandpa’s Cough Medicine is 180 Proof
Feb 7, 2013
CT
Eh, reality of it is, if he hasn’t signed with Isles by now, he ain’t gonna.

CodeE

step on snek
Dec 20, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
He requested not to be traded.

Considering the likely return we could have gotten, that's an enormous request of John's that we conceded to him. Wouldn't even consider it as a courtesy to John.

All this talk about how John wants to win, how about you try and go win a Cup for a couple months and let the Islanders recoup some nice assets in return? Nah, you'd rather spend that time with the NHL playoffs muted in the background as you and Brisson go over the contract offers you should hope to expect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad