Player Discussion: John Tavares- Part V (Mod Warning in OP)

Does JT stay?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

majormet

Nov 12, 2009
Dix Hills, NY
That’s what’s bothering me. Let us know so Lou can ****ing move on and make other moves. He at least owes us that.

ergo, why this saga is far from over, Lou would be doing something right now, extending Lee, trading for a goalie or dman if he knew JT saga was over, it is not over

Reactions: SI90

Words Of Wisdom

Truth Speaker
Oct 20, 2011
Long Island.
I’m just doing my best to shed some sort of optimism. You cannot tell me that LL and Trotz came here without having a real good idea that JT was gonna leave. They’re definitely gonna build something. They didn’t sign up for a rebuild.

islesfan3913

Apr 5, 2011
Orange County, NY
JT took a sweet deal during his RFA years.

He gave 9 years of his playing career to an organization that failed to build a proper SC contender around him.

I love the Islanders. Hope he stays, but won't blame him for moving on

I won’t either, which is why I always thought he’d walk. But with him being so adamant about wanting to be here and saying he wants to see it through, all while making a huge deal about wanting to stay, and now considering he isn’t even going to notify the team he isn’t coming back until a couple of hours before free agency, he’s ruined that feeling of understanding to me.

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
At this point I wouldn't be shocked if news comes out tonight that he can't make a decision and he's comfortable with a 7 year contract from any of the 6 teams.

Islesfan22

Jan 15, 2013
Rockland
I still think it's crazy.
Well then your an idiot. Lose your franchise player for nothing really smart business there. Yeee nobody trades there franchise center. Only thing franchise centers don't leave via fa unless your the islanders of course. Whatever they could have got a huge haul for JT instead they played big time by his agent and JT. I was freaking right was Perferial you just to f***en stubborn to admit it.

Macch

Mar 22, 2010
I won't blame him for moving on either. However, he is treating us like **** and that's not acceptable.

Don't make this personal man.

It's not about us. It's about him deciding where he's going to play for the rest of his career.

It's not personal, it's just business.

Hopefully this is a lesson to ownership, new management.

D0ctorCool

Dec 3, 2008
Vancouver
I won't blame him for moving on either. However, he is treating us like **** and that's not acceptable.

Yeah, it's kinda greasy. Like if Tavares already knows he's moving on from you guys, and is using your 8 year contract as bargaining leverage, I as a fan sure as hell wouldn't give him a standing ovation next time I saw him.

Words Of Wisdom

Truth Speaker
Oct 20, 2011
Long Island.
They are going to build right away for this year with or without JT

I agree. Put it into perspective. Two winning pro’s came to a team that had a high potential of losing one of the greatest players to ever throw on an Islander jersey without a plan. You can’t sell me on that. They know what they signed up for.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Well then your an idiot. Lose your franchise player for nothing really smart business there. Yeee nobody trades there franchise center. Only thing franchise centers don't leave via fa unless your the islanders of course. Whatever they could have got a huge haul for JT instead they played big time by his agent and JT. I was freaking right was Perferial you just to ****en stubborn to admit it.

You done hurling insults?

1) He hasn't made a decision yet.
2) I still don't believe the haul would've been too great, at the deadline.
3) If there was a chance he'd re-sign, that's a chance worth taking to me. Where are we getting another Tavares?

Monday morning quarterbacking isn't exactly something I like to do. If he leaves, you'd have been right given the outcome and I have no problem admitting that. It's about the decision I would've made at the time.

majormet

Nov 12, 2009
Dix Hills, NY
I agree. Put it into perspective. Two winning pro’s came to a team that had a high potential of losing one of the greatest players to ever throw on an Islander jersey without a plan. You can’t sell me on that. They know what they signed up for.

Yes if Lou wanted a rebuild, he would have hired DJ Smith or Keefe and saved a lot of sheckels

The plan B may be better than the Plan A

But I still think JT is signing tonight

albator71

Jan 12, 2010
CANADA
I have to say as a Sens fan i understand completely how you guys feel, because of our shitty owner we wasted the primes years of our franchise player (Karlsson) and now we have to trade him because our owner cant pay him. so i understand your pain Islanders fans. the worst part is that JT will probably signed with the goddamned Leafs!!!! TSN and Sportsnet will creamed their shorts. Oh God help us!!

Sparksrus3

Jun 2, 2012
JT is working on his 8 year 120 million deal right now with the isles. The hold up is that Lou asked Garth to bring the pen and what do you know? He forgot. JT and his #91 will hang in Belmont one day next to Potvin , Bossy , and the rest .

LGI

Reactions: majormet

majormet

Nov 12, 2009
Dix Hills, NY
I have to say as a Sens fan i understand completely how you guys feel, because of our ****ty owner we wasted the primes years of our franchise player (Karlsson) and now we have to trade him because our owner cant pay him. so i understand your pain Islanders fans. the worst part is that JT will probably signed with the goddamned Leafs!!!! TSN and Sportsnet will creamed their shorts. Oh God help us!!

I loved that Sens run in 16/17... always like that team... I still think Lou and the Sens are making a trade now, although Lou could be dreaming and snoring about some concert he went to in 1959 right now but still..

Duchene was the downfall of Sens,

LAIslanderFan

Nov 18, 2010
Los Angeles, CA & Surprise, AZ
Then lets hope for your sake, Lee leaves this **** show and spares you from having to watch his 1/2 dimensional game. There is a reason why Islander fans cant have anything nice.
If you can, go back and watch some past Islanders games. Watch as the Tavares line struggles to get the puck out of the defensive zone, and look for Lee! JT, Bails and the 2 defensemen on the ice, don't even look to Lee's wing to escape the zone. On the rare occasions they're forced to put it around the boards on Lee's side, his poor skating ability makes is easy for the opposing teams Dman to keep the puck in. Watch as JT and Bails go through the neutral zone, they try carrying it in, if they're forced to pass it to Lee, he can't skate it in, so he quickly gets rid of it and shoots it in, at which point the opposing Dman retrieve the puck and carry it back out. As surprising as this may sound, JT would have much better numbers with someone other then Lee. Remember Moulson? He was a 30-35 goal scorer, away from JT he's was awful. Lee is a bigger Moulson. Please watch Lee away from the puck, it will piss you off! I'll point to +- again. Tavares had 37 goals and he was a -12, Bailey had 18 goals and he was a -20, and Lee had 40 goals and he was -25. With that goal output there's something going on to have such high minuses, and it's not JT or Bailey. It's like their line is playing shorthanded (which to some degree they were).

Islander Class

Jun 30, 2018
South Carolina
It's not his agent. If JT leaves it's another reason. I suspect it will be Toronto because he wants to be near his off season home. He's getting married soon, will probably have children down the road, it would make the most sense to be nearest to his family.

Yeah- but may well not be Brisson/Hockey Dept. specifically- but rather someone further up the organizational chart at CAA that wanted this to be more of a “spectacle”. Something about this whole thing (regardless of where he signs) just seems so out of touch with the NHL culture, JT’s personality, etc. Almost like a bunch of LA suits (above Brisson’s level) who could care less about all that stuff wanted to “LeBronify” NHL free agency moving forward.

Reactions: beLIever

Islesfan22

Jan 15, 2013
Rockland
Ye it's gonna get worse I'm freaking fuming right now! We the islanders got played big time by Brisson and JT. It never should have got to this point but Garth Freaking Snow f***ed us big time by letting JT dictate to the franchise what to do.

Reactions: BTrotts19

Sparksrus3

Jun 2, 2012
What do I have to do ? Lock the door to the bar like in A Bronx Tale. " now yous can't leave "

Tomorrow is new thread day

majormet

Nov 12, 2009
Dix Hills, NY
JT is working on his 8 year 120 million deal right now with the isles. The hold up is that Lou asked Garth to bring the pen and what do you know? He forgot. JT and his #91 will hang in Belmont one day next to Potvin , Bossy , and the rest .

LGI

Is Snow now like Biff in Back to the Future... is he looking for pens and washing cars... I think Lou has Garth on a rowboat with an assassin right now

Reactions: Sparksrus3

beLIever

Mar 5, 2011
New York
Don't make this personal man.

It's not about us. It's about him deciding where he's going to play for the rest of his career.

It's not personal, it's just business.

Hopefully this is a lesson to ownership, new management.

Sure, but IF this is going down the way a lot of folks on this board think it is going down — asked not to be traded, said all the right things about wanting to stay and about trying to make it work, then hangs the team up until the very last second and walks — it’s fair to say that that’s not very upstanding business behavior, it’s snakey.

Do the Islanders bear some blame for (1) stinking and (2) not saying “great, you don’t want to be traded, sign your contract or you’re getting traded anyway?” Also yes. God, yes. IMHO a pending UFA who isn’t nearly signed sealed and delivered should always be rented out.

Last edited:

Dipietro39

Jul 15, 2005
Denial is blaming Garth. It’s like the spouse who blames the person the other cheated with. Tavares said how many times he wants to finish his career her. His intent is to stay. Etc. seriously f*** this dude now. And if he does come back, I’m stilly ponying up for my kid to get Barzal jerseys. I understand snow sucked etc but this is ridiculous. I don’t care if he is still figuring it out. At least put thenislander fans out of their misery.

Sorry I’m about 9 spiked seltzer’s deep

He's an a******,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad