Confirmed with Link: John Tavares is your new Toronto Maple Leafs Captain!

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
Would that be something to make co-captains. Tavares for home games and Matty for away games. I am absolutely shocked it has not come out yet. From my sources Babs, Dubie and Shanny met with Matty, JT and Morgan this morning. So there are quite a few people now who know the program. When a minimum of 6 people and wives know now it should be leaked. I am totally shocked.

Bedards Dad

I was in the pool!!
Nov 3, 2011
Toronto
They just did the pregame intro again and changed it up. They just went through the team with no alternates announcements

They have Marner/JT/Kap starting tonight

MapleLeafs77

Oct 20, 2017
I would laugh and be so pumped if all this tavares news was smoke. The leafs put it out to distract it that matty was getting the C.

I would fist pump so hard watching the game.

Reactions: Hustlr

Nylander88

Aug 13, 2016
Ontario
Auston seems pretty giddy for his scrum today, JT harder to read. Hmmmmm.
I like that if it isn't Matthews (hope it is), that he clearly isn't sour with the choice either way. He was all smiles today. Tavares and Rielly were their typical selves. I think Matthews has the most to gain with the C...take his game to a new level. Tavares and Rielly will be the same old same old no matter what the letter. Great support for Matthews to lean on if he is the C. We have great leaders in this locker room, Muzzin included

Reactions: DarkKnight

MapleLeafs77

Oct 20, 2017
Makes me wonder if maybe JT turned it down and said it belongs to matty. That would be a true pro.

Realizing that he had his time in the island being drafted from there and being a captain there but now realizing that matty is the guy here.

Reactions: HomerJLeafs

Leaf4Life79

Jun 30, 2018
St. Thomas, ON
THEY ARE GOING TO TURN OUT ALL THE LIGHTS IN THE ARENA

THEY WILL SHINE A BLUE SPOTLIGHT ON THE DOOR WHERE THE PLAYERS ENTER THE RINK

SMOKE WILL PLUME UP IN FRONT OF THE DOORWAY

A LOUD DRUM ROLL WILL PLAY THROUGH THE SPEAKERS

FROM OUT OF THE SMOKE AND ONTO THE ICE TO THE SOUND OF A LOUD GONG COMES JONAS HOGLUND, OUR NEW CAPTAIN

ALL HAIL HOGLUND

Crap! I thought for SURE it was going to be Aki Berg! =(

Hustlr

Oct 1, 2019
Anyone who thinks this ‘incident’ over the summer had anything to do with decisions is ridiculous. Do you even know what happened? This is the smallest off ice incident you will EVER hear about from any player, EVER.

Hustlr

Oct 1, 2019
Makes me wonder if maybe JT turned it down and said it belongs to matty. That would be a true pro.

Realizing that he had his time in the island being drafted from there and being a captain there but now realizing that matty is the guy here.

Nope, he never had the option.

Leaf4Life79

Jun 30, 2018
St. Thomas, ON
AM was all smiles today, looked like a kid who just got his first bike.

I think it'll be AM. Waiting this long only points to Matthews. Plus I think the other guys, Tavares and Rielly, won't change a single thing even when they're not a Captain.

But it's all speculation, at this point.

I sensed that as well. Hmm, I for sure thought it was going to be JT, but I am happy with either of the 'big 3'

Reactions: qqaz

Hustlr

Oct 1, 2019
I still would say its tavares 95%

Too much smoke around tavares getting it. All the insiders claiming it now for the past week.

I haven’t followed any of that for a second. This is my opinion and I’m very certain of it.

Hustlr

Oct 1, 2019
Slight difference, Tavares is world class
Phaneuf seems like a good dude but he ain't that

In terms of their quality of interviews, I’d place them in the same tier. Cheers.

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
I like that if it isn't Matthews (hope it is), that he clearly isn't sour with the choice either way. He was all smiles today. Tavares and Rielly were their typical selves. I think Matthews has the most to gain with the C...take his game to a new level. Tavares and Rielly will be the same old same old no matter what the letter. Great support for Matthews to lean on if he is the C. We have great leaders in this locker room, Muzzin included
Well they all found out this AM. So if Matty was happy it likely is him. But co-captains would be great too. I would prefer Captain Morgan. I can't believe this has not leaked today. Bloody Shanny must have taken the C stitching himself to Tei in Mimico and keeping it under his condo pillow.

Hustlr

Oct 1, 2019

Most to gain indeed as it means we will likely retain him after year 5. biggggg piece of the puzzle no ones talking about...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad