Confirmed with Link: John Tavares is your new Toronto Maple Leafs Captain!

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
I like how in his absence Hyman has gone from Babcock’s son to the guy that makes a $22 million duo click. I think JT and Marner should hand over a couple of million each to Hyman in this case.

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
Man the people crapping on JT are going to eat some serious crow. Ditto Marner. Fickle always looks the fool in the end.

Joey Hoser

Jan 8, 2008
Guelph
If you are going to pay 2 players 22 million and they cant even go against top lines, then you made a big mistake.

Yeah, because these six games in which they have 11 points, clearly proves that their entire careers to this have been frauds, and only Dubas was foolish enough to think these guys are capable of playing against tough competition. Time to rebuild again.

Carltons Cup

Let's Do This..
Feb 22, 2018
I like how in his absence Hyman has gone from Babcock’s son to the guy that makes a $22 million duo click. I think JT and Marner should hand over a couple of million each to Hyman in this case.
Hyman is the guddest of gud pros

Faltorvo

Feb 18, 2008
Yeah, because these six games in which they have 11 points, clearly proves that their entire careers to this have been frauds, and only Dubas was foolish enough to think these guys are capable of playing against tough competition. Time to rebuild again.

you know a person does not have a point or leg to stand on when they use exstream hyperbole just to try and make a point.

have fun with that.

Reactions: saffronleaf

Joey Hoser

Jan 8, 2008
Guelph
you know a person does not have a point or leg to stand on when they use exstream hyperbole just to try and make a point.

have fun with that.

Saying Marner and Tavares can't play against top lines is not hyperbole?

My point isn't hyperbole, I'm mocking YOUR hyperbole.

Faltorvo

Feb 18, 2008
Saying Marner and Tavares can't play against top lines is not hyperbole?

My point isn't hyperbole, I'm mocking YOUR hyperbole.

this is the hyperbole

"clearly proves that their entire careers to this have been frauds, and only Dubas was foolish enough to think these guys are capable of playing against tough competition. Time to rebuild again."

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
Man the people crapping on JT are going to eat some serious crow. Ditto Marner. Fickle always looks the fool in the end.

I've been critical of both, and I can't wait to eat crow.

The criticism has been warranted. I'm not concerned about their point totals thus far, but I am concerned about their effort at even strength, and their collective plus minus.

The highest paid players on the team have to lead by example every shift.

Reactions: saffronleaf

Antropovsky

Jun 2, 2007
Dont other teams still put their best pair out against Matthews? I remember in the red wings game babs double shifted Matthews to get him away from the top defensive pairing?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad