Tribute John Tavares appreciation thread

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
They need to run 3 centers and dominate like they have the strongest middle lineup in the NHL.
Enough of this winger JT stuff. They need to get their lines in order so they can build chemistry before the playoffs.

Bunting-Tavares-Marner
Knies-Matthews-Nylander
Jarnkrok-ROR-Holmberg/Kerfoot replacement
Accari-Kampf-Engvall
At some point I think Keefe will have Matthews as the #1 Centre, Tavares as the #2 Centre, and O'Reilly as the #3 Centre. It's just a question of when that happens.

I'm not a huge fan of Tavares on the wing, and I think it wastes his top tier faceoff ability. I hope it was just to ease O'Rielly in with no practice, and we mix things up.
If we're going to keep Tavares on the wing and O'Rielly in the top six, I'd probably rather just stack the top line and run:
Tavares-Matthews-Marner
Bunting-O'Rielly-Nylander
Before the Leafs qualifying series against the Blue Jackets during their practices Keefe had a line of Matthews-Tavares-Marner. However, I can't remember if he actually used them during any of those games? Maybe something like that could be done during a game to shake up the team if it's needed.

Puckstuff

May 12, 2010
Milton
Enough of this winger JT stuff. They need to get their lines in order so they can build chemistry before the playoffs.

Bunting-Tavares-Marner
Knies-Matthews-Nylander
Jarnkrok-ROR-Holmberg/Kerfoot replacement
Accari-Kampf-Engvall
Trust me, it will take Keefe a while for it to click that this a terrible idea. He’s going to force it for another week or two before he changes it.

kb

Aug 28, 2009
Trust me, it will take Keefe a while for it to click that this a terrible idea. He’s going to force it for another week or two before he changes it.
Trust you? lol

Maybe it was simply because he had only played with those 2 before, and with back to backs there was no chance for any practice?

Reactions: LeafsNation75

Puckstuff

May 12, 2010
Milton
Trust you? lol

Maybe it was simply because he had only played with those 2 before, and with back to backs there was no chance for any practice?
I watched Keefe play Robertson with Tavares for like 10 straight games despite it clearly not working. He will consistently force it with guys when it’s clearly not there.

Dekes For Days

Sep 24, 2018
I watched Keefe play Robertson with Tavares for like 10 straight games despite it clearly not working. He will consistently force it with guys when it’s clearly not there.
Tavares and Robertson only played 95 minutes together this year, and they did fairly well.

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
I know it was only one game but what did you think of the line of Tavares-O'Reilly-Marner with Tavares being on Left Wing and not at Centre?
While I'm not necessarily fixated on the idea of any trio in particular, I'd probably still like to see ROR remain/or be in that top six for the playoffs. I wouldn't like to enter into a potential rematch against Tampa offering up the same look as last time (Jarnkrok in place of ROR could also satisfy in that regard and yet I'll remain hopeful that ROR can be an upgrade over him).

Reactions: LeafsNation75

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
I'm not a huge fan of Tavares on the wing, and I think it wastes his top tier faceoff ability. I hope it was just to ease O'Rielly in with no practice, and we mix things up.
If we're going to keep Tavares on the wing and O'Rielly in the top six, I'd probably rather just stack the top line and run:
Tavares-Matthews-Marner
Bunting-O'Rielly-Nylander
I don't mind those top 6 lines

dubey

$$$$$$$*NICE*$$$$$$$ 69 in 79 $$$$$$$*NICE*$$$$$$$
Oct 22, 2006
In your head
Tavares this season

just-when-i-thought-i-was-out-they-pull-me-back-in.gif

Jimmy Firecracker

Fire Sheldon.
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
Noticed he's having a renaissance of a goal scoring season this year. First time he's hit the 30 goal mark since his first season in Toronto in 2018-19 when he scored 47. Granted, he'd have likely hit the mark in 19-20 had the season not been cancelled, and potentially 20-21 in a full season. Good to see him finding the back of the net more often this year.

Last edited:

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Bitch boy deserved it. Glad to see John standing up to that bullshit

Who is this Desharnais coming into Toronto on HNIC, mauling John Tavares, getting a whack and then jawing like he’s in the right league? Take that nonsense back to Bakersfield.

Reactions: 1specter

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad