Tribute John Tavares appreciation thread

6ix

HitEmWit4LikeAustonM
Nov 26, 2014
Tavares is a mistake until he proves he isn’t. It’s on him and time isn’t in his side.

Great player no doubt, but hasn’t moved the needle at all.

Reactions: supermann_98

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
I know it's easy to blame Tavares for what happened in the overtime. However, the Leafs shouldn't have blown a 2-0 lead against Montreal and even been in a situation where they needed to be playing in overtime.

Last edited:
Reactions: Teeder Keon

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
I know it's easy to blame Tavares for what happened in the overtime. However, the Leafs shouldn't have blown a 2-0 against Montreal and even been in a situation where they needed to be playing in overtime.

I'm not even comfortable with Tavares participating in 3 on 3 in the best of times. He got burned by Marner on the drop pass about a minute before the GWG was scored and got muscled off the puck and away went the Habs counter punch.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
I'm not even comfortable with Tavares participating in 3 on 3 in the best of times. He got burned by Marner on the drop pass about a minute before the GWG was scored and got muscled off the puck and away went the Habs counter punch.
I do agree he shouldn't have been on the ice for as long as he was and should have attempted to get off a lot earlier.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
I do agree he shouldn't have been on the ice for as long as he was and should have attempted to get off a lot earlier.

Tavares works best when he’s taken away open ice and working it down low towards manufacturing a garbage goal or a bang bang play in tight. He can drive on occasion but he doesn’t thrive at high pace or open ice. He’s got his limitations but I think he’s out there 3 on 3 more based on being a top 6 player than actually having the right skillset to thrive there.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Tavares works best when he’s taken away open ice and working it down low towards manufacturing a garbage goal or a bang bang play in tight. He can drive on occasion but he doesn’t thrive at high pace or open ice. He’s got his limitations but I think he’s out there 3 on 3 more based on being a top 6 player than actually having the right skillset to thrive there.
Maybe this only happened because they were on the power play. However, I think the last time Tavares scored a game winning goal for the Leafs in overtime was during the 2019-20 Season against the Ducks. So it's been a long time for him to do something like that.

darrylsittler27

Oct 21, 2002
All I see is first round losses. I don’t think he makes 2nd line on a cup team, prove me wrong ask Boston or TB what they would give in a trade for him. It won’t be much.

Reactions: supermann_98

kb

Aug 28, 2009
All I see is first round losses. I don’t think he makes 2nd line on a cup team, prove me wrong ask Boston or TB what they would give in a trade for him. It won’t be much.
Then stay away until the playoffs? If not, then contribute in a positive way. This is a John Tavares appreciation thread for those who cannot see or understand what that means.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad