Tribute John Tavares appreciation thread

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Legend.

Tavares.jpg

MAB1

Jul 18, 2022
Surprised but glad he's ppg this far into the season in his 5th year of that contract. For a guy who can't really skate well in a league shifted toward that regard, it's still impressive that he can muster up his career averages.

Reactions: LeafsNation75

therealkoho

Him/Leaf/fan
Jul 10, 2009
the Prior
What! I thought that with the way he had been playing he was retired? Oh well my bad.

Congrats JT "1000" is a great accomplishment glad you could do it in the B&W, now let's get back to work and add a SC to that resume.

GLG

Gilmour1996

Oct 16, 2022
Had a nightmare last night: John got hit hard in the game and got a concussion. Courtesy of Luke Schenn. Can't recall if Luke was wearing a Canucks jersey or some other team. Pretty weird because I never dream about hockey. Now Kyle has a really good reason to pick up Luke before we face Vancouver March 4 or before he's traded to some other team.

Reactions: Its not your fault

MAB1

Jul 18, 2022
On pace for 36 goals and 82 points in year 5 of the contract. And he's the 4th best forward on the team. Fans should appreciate the amount of talent this roster has. Came a long way from the days of Grabovski, Bozak and Kadri comprising this team's top 6 centers.

Last edited:

mjd1001

May 24, 2022
On pace for 36 goals and 82 points in year 5 of the contract. And he's the 4th best forward on the team. Fans should appreciate the amount of talent this roster has. Came along way from the days of Grabovski, Bozak and Kadri comprising this team's top 6 centers.
After last year, I honestly thought he was starting that 'slow slide down' that comes with age, especially with his injuries. I thought he would still be a good/great player, but would have a step down. As said, he is on pace now for 36 goals and 82 points. I thought IF he played a full season this year he would be closer to the 25-30 goal, 70 point pace, and the odds were he wouldn't play a full season.

Obviously so far I am wrong, there are more than a handful of games the leafs won primarily because of his production this year.

Reactions: kb

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
After last year, I honestly thought he was starting that 'slow slide down' that comes with age, especially with his injuries. I thought he would still be a good/great player, but would have a step down. As said, he is on pace now for 36 goals and 82 points. I thought IF he played a full season this year he would be closer to the 25-30 goal, 70 point pace, and the odds were he wouldn't play a full season.

Obviously so far I am wrong, there are more than a handful of games the leafs won primarily because of his production this year.
On SteveDangle's most recent LFR video, he said how last season Tavares was coming off that scary concussion he had against Montreal in the 2021 playoffs. However, he still got 27 goals and 76 points in 79 games played.

Its not your fault

Nov 24, 2016
On pace for 36 goals and 82 points in year 5 of the contract. And he's the 4th best forward on the team. Fans should appreciate the amount of talent this roster has. Came a long way from the days of Grabovski, Bozak and Kadri comprising this team's top 6 centers.
So much this, it will be 50 years later and we will be wondering when we will see it again or if in our lifetime.

Dekes For Days

Sep 24, 2018
I know it was only one game but what did you think of the line of Tavares-O'Reilly-Marner with Tavares being on Left Wing and not at Centre?
I'm not a huge fan of Tavares on the wing, and I think it wastes his top tier faceoff ability. I hope it was just to ease O'Rielly in with no practice, and we mix things up.
If we're going to keep Tavares on the wing and O'Rielly in the top six, I'd probably rather just stack the top line and run:
Tavares-Matthews-Marner
Bunting-O'Rielly-Nylander

MAB1

Jul 18, 2022
Enough of this winger JT stuff. They need to get their lines in order so they can build chemistry before the playoffs.

Bunting-Tavares-Marner
Knies-Matthews-Nylander
Jarnkrok-ROR-Holmberg/Kerfoot replacement
Accari-Kampf-Engvall

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad