John Stevens must be launched into the Sun UPDATE: John Stevens & Nachbaur incinerated

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Wait where have you seen that reported rift between him and Doughty?

For sure, I get that, but if he's saying that in public you can only wonder how he is in the locker room.

It was widely reported they didn't get along way back when he came on board as an assistant. I'm not trying to make much ado about nothing, but we all know a shot at Doughty's 'heart' is going to piss him off, true or not.

Does anyone really believe Doughty has lost his confidence? I think it's just a quote to add further heat to the coaching position hot seat Stevens is experiencing.

I think he's still the same cocky asshole but I've certainly never seen him question himself at all until now. That's a concern. Maybe lost confidence is the wrong term, but he--like many others, clearly--is playing unsure in a broken system. I shouldn't be seeing every person on the bench saying "I don't know" every night.

I know the "how would you fix the system then" question comes up often but I think of what the end of Terry Murray hockey looked like--people just lost confidence in it. Obviously it 'worked,' but it couldn't be fixed or improved. That's where I believe we're at with Stevens now.

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
It was widely reported they didn't get along way back when he came on board as an assistant. I'm not trying to make much ado about nothing, but we all know a shot at Doughty's 'heart' is going to piss him off, true or not.

I think he's still the same cocky ******* but I've certainly never seen him question himself at all until now. That's a concern. Maybe lost confidence is the wrong term, but he--like many others, clearly--is playing unsure in a broken system. I shouldn't be seeing every person on the bench saying "I don't know" every night.

I know the "how would you fix the system then" question comes up often but I think of what the end of Terry Murray hockey looked like--people just lost confidence in it. Obviously it 'worked,' but it couldn't be fixed or improved. That's where I believe we're at with Stevens now.

I haven't seen this many "I don't know" quotes either. It's everywhere. That's concerning. I read Doughty's quotes after the last game, and hits on a big issue the Kings have.. The f***ing defensive turnovers in their own zone. Forbort turns the puck over so much in the D zone.. Doughty is always trying to bail him.

I’d lose confidence too if I had to play with Derek Forabort.

Sucks that he's Doughty's partner. Forbort is an awful passer, and Muzzin makes way too many blunders with the puck..

Say what you want about how Brickley is playing on the reign but he was moving the puck much more easily than of the other days dolts that are with Doughty.

Reactions: kingsfan28

Peter James Bond II

"Man, we were right there" - De-Luc-sional
Mar 5, 2015
Damn wonderful movie.

sure was...I was working at WB then in Motion Picture Imaging building. Right outside our building, they built all the Japanese huts for Last Samurai. Was so cool. Was up for a few months.
I started there in 1995 (ended 2005) and the month I started, they took about 1/4 of an employee parking lot and built a full court temp basketball court with a tent
over it, for Michael Jordan, for Space Jam. so he could practice! LOL. David Schwimmer tried to kill me and others, when I stopped at 2 stop signs, back to back and he was pissed I actually stopped at them
and gunned around me like 40 mph on the 12 mph lot...employees had lot driving privilages, but lost them if they got 3 tickets. I had 1 for rolling a stop...and was
not about to get any others....and would have to park across the blvd in a big structure lot...they would never give schwimmer a ticket, I'm sure. dummmass.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
sure was...I was working at WB then in Motion Picture Imaging building. Right outside our building, they built all the Japanese huts for Last Samurai. Was so cool. Was up for a few months.
I started there in 1995 (ended 2005) and the month I started, they took about 1/4 of an employee parking lot and built a full court temp basketball court with a tent
over it, for Michael Jordan, for Space Jam. so he could practice! LOL. David Schwimmer tried to kill me and others, when I stopped at 2 stop signs, back to back and he was pissed I actually stopped at them
and gunned around me like 40 mph on the 12 mph lot...employees had lot driving privilages, but lost them if they got 3 tickets. I had 1 for rolling a stop...and was
not about to get any others....and would have to park across the blvd in a big structure lot...they would never give schwimmer a ticket, I'm sure. dummmass.
Well, he was a Herbert Sobel.

Last edited:

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
I haven't seen this many "I don't know" quotes either. It's everywhere. That's concerning. I read Doughty's quotes after the last game, and hits on a big issue the Kings have.. The ****ing defensive turnovers in their own zone. Forbort turns the puck over so much in the D zone.. Doughty is always trying to bail him.

Sucks that he's Doughty's partner. Forbort is an awful passer, and Muzzin makes way too many blunders with the puck..

Say what you want about how Brickley is playing on the reign but he was moving the puck much more easily than of the other days dolts that are with Doughty.

3 games in a row this is the quote from the head coach. If you don't know, you won't make to 15 games.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

Peter James Bond II

"Man, we were right there" - De-Luc-sional
Mar 5, 2015
The Parker Solar Probe to the SUN was launched a few months ago...here, scientists trying to find a way to launch Stevens in the probe....but alas, NASA didn't have funding to
make a habitat for him in it. Oh well.

Attachments

• tszch.jpg
    tszch.jpg
    194.1 KB · Views: 3
  • Parker-Solar-Probe-speed-record-NASA-sun-trajectory-orbital-mechanics.jpg
    Parker-Solar-Probe-speed-record-NASA-sun-trajectory-orbital-mechanics.jpg
    150.6 KB · Views: 3
Reactions: lumbergh

The Butcher

Mammoth Mooseknuckles Hockey
Sponsor
Mar 6, 2011
Mammoth Lakes
I dunno. I am all for a nuderection but I would keep Luc and Blakey. Loyalty is an important thing to display. Sure there are lines to be drawn but we have lived in the GM revolving door franchise status forever and I for one think that so far RB has done a very good job at the draft table anyways (and crew) so I would give him more time. Luc should just be given the honorary lifetime president award and given time to work himself out of a job.

I know we are off to a rough start but I still believe that this very crew has all it needs to win another cup or at least the players that we need to win another cup. I am concerned but not panicked.
Blake knows a thing or two about loyalty.

Jul 31, 2005
CA
If they do launch Stevens into the sun I expect many websites to pop up claiming it was fake and never happened,

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Michigan
The bigger problem is, who does Forbort play with? He’s beyond awful away from Doughty. I get Keaton Ellerby flashbacks when I see him.

He's never shown himself to be anything more than a #6 d-man who happens to be big and left handed so works better with Doughty.

Just trade him for whoever offers you the best pick and call up Brickley. The team is going to be horrible and the Kings need to know whether Brickley is legit or fools gold. He turns 24 later in the season and his contract is expiring, does no good having him in Ontario.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
The Kings have two players in Brickley and Iaffalo who people perceive to be "young", when in fact they are middle-aged for the NHL.

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Michigan
8.5:1 !!!

i've never seen such a massive drop in odds in less than a week, dude went from 45:1 to 8.5:1 lol

Dallas is next!

I said it in the GDT on Saturday that I figured the books would lower his odds significantly. The vultures are circling for sure, I think if they lose both these upcoming games on the road then someone else will be behind the bench on Sunday.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I said it in the GDT on Saturday that I figured the books would lower his odds significantly. The vultures are circling for sure, I think if they lose both these upcoming games on the road then someone else will be behind the bench on Sunday.

I don't at all ever want to root against this team but I feel like that's the only way we'll see significant change.

PSP returns! We are officially back to that pre-2012 feeling of being a Kings fan.

It's been such a normal post around here that I didn't even notice it was @PSP :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad