John Scott

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012
I was wrong. I didn't think that Scott would be in the lineup that much this season.
Especially at a home game when the the opposition didn't dress the likes of Jody Shelley or Tom Sestito.

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
I was wrong. I didn't think that Scott would be in the lineup that much this season.
Especially at a home game when the the opposition didn't dress the likes of Jody Shelley or Tom Sestito.

Gerbe, Leino, and McCormick are injured. There's really no one to play over Scott other than dressing 7 defensemen, so I don't think we can read into this.

SackTastic

Mar 25, 2011
He slipped, which is why he was laughing so hard when he came up.

Orr never really landed anything anyways.

heartsabres*

how about a no decision?

Lets face it neither guys landed any punches....

heartsabres*

Scott didn't miss anything. He hit Orr but was nailed at the same time by a body shot that dropped him to his knees.

sure, the body shot dropped him. He was so injured it caused him to laugh!!!

Communal Blood

Jun 1, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
sure, the body shot dropped him. He was so injured it caused him to laugh!!!

Enough for the giant to drop to his knees so I imagine it must have hurt. Oh yeah, Orr also connected with a right to Scott's chops at the beginning of the fight. So both guys connected with some punches. Watch the fight again.

cardiffgiant

Continue without supporting us
Sep 28, 2005
Do yourselves a favor and don't open the Scott/Orr thread on the hf fights forum and don't look at any of the comments on hockeyfights for this tilt. You'd think that this was a landslid victory over someone that has been pulling some kind of scam.

My take: Orr got a good shot in early, Scott looked to be taking over, a combination of taking a swing and receiving a shot brought Scott to one knee, Orr took advantage and threw a couple while Scott was down. There isn't a good camera angle on this devastating body shot, but it's clear that Orr makes contact before Scott goes to one knee.

Personally, I think that Orr had this one. I also think that it was very close and I hope that we more action between these two.

slip

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 19, 2005
Orr landed the better punches, and his body shot dropped Scott to his knees.

Not impressed with the big guy's first bout as a Sabre.

SackTastic

Mar 25, 2011
Enough for the giant to drop to his knees so I imagine it must have hurt. Oh yeah, Orr also connected with a right to Scott's chops at the beginning of the fight. So both guys connected with some punches. Watch the fight again.

You know what was actually important?

2-1 Buffalo.

/fin

flashsabre

Apr 5, 2003
Visit site
Having Scott on this team makes a huge difference. It means that guys like Kaleta, McCormick, RR, Ott, Foligno don't have to worry about the heavyweights on the other teams. They can play their games and know that someone has their back.

Good on Orr for catching him with a body blow but as Nick Kypreos stated, "Scott is the heavyweight champ of the league." Having him lets a whole lot of other players play a little bit bigger and a little tougher than they did last year.

Rhett4

Buffalo Selects Jack
Jul 9, 2002
Amerks #ROC
Scott looked out of sorts last night and Orr has always done well against bigger fighters. There's no way to really train or prep for a fight during a lockout, so I'm hoping it's a bit of rust. With that said, no fighter in the NHL is ever undefeated. Let's just look at Orr. He once rocked the giant Boogaard, and yet he has also been knocked silly by the smaller Engelland. Long story short...not much to glean from one 40-second battle.

JOHNBOY

BUFFALO SABRES
Sep 30, 2003
Denver NC
Scott looked out of sorts last night and Orr has always done well against bigger fighters. There's no way to really train or prep for a fight during a lockout, so I'm hoping it's a bit of rust. With that said, no fighter in the NHL is ever undefeated. Let's just look at Orr. He once rocked the giant Boogaard, and yet he has also been knocked silly by the smaller Engelland. Long story short...not much to glean from one 40-second battle.

Yeah im not worried. He better be in game shape before they face Boston though, I want to see him face off against Mcquaid....

Rhett4

Buffalo Selects Jack
Jul 9, 2002
Amerks #ROC
Yeah im not worried. He better be in game shape before they face Boston though, I want to see him face off against Mcquaid....

Hopefully he can have a tuneup or two with Westgarth because he's going to have a full fight card against Boston.

Mynameismark*

Having Scott on this team makes a huge difference. It means that guys like Kaleta, McCormick, RR, Ott, Foligno don't have to worry about the heavyweights on the other teams. They can play their games and know that someone has their back.

Good on Orr for catching him with a body blow but as Nick Kypreos stated, "Scott is the heavyweight champ of the league." Having him lets a whole lot of other players play a little bit bigger and a little tougher than they did last year.

No he isnt as he's never beaten Mcgrattan, and the first legit heavy he fights he gets dropped by. Scott will always be tough to beat but he's no Boogaard for a guy his size.

Mynameismark*

Why do you want him to spot pick against the Bruins 4th best fighter?

JOHNBOY

BUFFALO SABRES
Sep 30, 2003
Denver NC
Hopefully he can have a tuneup or two with Westgarth because he's going to have a full fight card against Boston.

Yeah, also would be nice to get McCormick back in the line-up before then too..

Why do you want him to spot pick against the Bruins 4th best fighter?

Lucic and Chara aren't going to even entertain the thought of fighting him, so that leaves Thornton or Mcquaid.... If he's in the line-up theres a good chance he will find a dance party just hope hes ready....

cardiffgiant

Continue without supporting us
Sep 28, 2005
Not exactly one of the best. Neither is Westy.

In other words "yes"? People make it sound like he's some kind of spot picker that's been fighting players from a mite novice league for the last few years. I'd like to see the long list of heavyweights that John Scott has been hiding from.

I'm looking forward to seeing him against guys like Shelley (if he's ever dressed), Rupp, and Thornton. I haven't seen anything that makes me think that he'll be out of his league with those guys.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad