John Scott

TennisMenace

Jul 3, 2008
Buffalo
Having Scott on this team makes a huge difference. It means that guys like Kaleta, McCormick, RR, Ott, Foligno don't have to worry about the heavyweights on the other teams. They can play their games and know that someone has their back.

Good on Orr for catching him with a body blow but as Nick Kypreos stated, "Scott is the heavyweight champ of the league." Having him lets a whole lot of other players play a little bit bigger and a little tougher than they did last year.

AMEN BROTHER!!!!!!
Preach it loudly!

Bobby Bottle Service

Win for Rick
Dec 15, 2005
Toronto
Isn't it against tough guy "code" to do body shots? That just seems bush league to me.

Saw the game/fight on Monday. Orr must be getting lessons on how to fight dirty from Tie Domi. Colton was holding on and eventually pulled Scott down causing him to slip. Then once Scott was on his knees, Orr punched him.

Most fighters have a code of not punching a guy when he's down. The Leafs have no such code.

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
Isn't it against tough guy "code" to do body shots? That just seems bush league to me.

Seems like it probably is, though I'd prefer if it weren't because I don't see a problem with it outside of it not being done simply out of tradition/etc. That aside, Orr punched him when he was down which is a no-no and should be one, especially among two enforcers. I can see when blood boils over between two guys and they're truly angry at each other, that sort of thing will naturally happen, but this one seemed like your standard face off between two guys who are out there to fight.

cardiffgiant

Continue without supporting us
Sep 28, 2005

I don't know about it being part of a code, but I don't have a problem with body shots. You see them all the time. Scott threw one first, earlier in this fight.

I'm definitely not a fan of seeing anyone continue to punching a guy after he goes down.

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012
Saw the game/fight on Monday. Orr must be getting lessons on how to fight dirty from Tie Domi. Colton was holding on and eventually pulled Scott down causing him to slip. Then once Scott was on his knees, Orr punched him.

Most fighters have a code of not punching a guy when he's down. The Leafs have no such code.

Scott didn't slip. Orr dropped him with a right to the mid-section.

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012
I don't know about it being part of a code, but I don't have a problem with body shots. You see them all the time. Scott threw one first, earlier in this fight.
I'm definitely not a fan of seeing anyone continue to punching a guy after he goes down.

You are right other than the fact that Scott threw at 2 shots to the ribs first.
Orr figured it was fair game and something he needed to do since Scott was about to beat his face bloody (Scott's helmet was in place, Orr's was off)

My "Sabres Machismo" took a hit when I realized that our first enforcer in a while lost his first NHL and Sabres fight........but looking at the replay, other than taking one punch to the face early, Scott really was in complete control of Orr until Orr stunned him with a shot to the ribs/mid-section.

Scott will be fine. I think Scott will be looking for a rematch with Orr.

Off topic: Wasn't it Joey Kocur who threw the wicked shots to the body?

TennisMenace

Jul 3, 2008
Buffalo
If Scott went down because of that body shot, then more power to Orr. He figured out a way to not get black eyes because you could see, Scott was bearing down for that beating.

TennisMenace

Jul 3, 2008
Buffalo
Yeah, also would be nice to get McCormick back in the line-up before then too..

Lucic and Chara aren't going to even entertain the thought of fighting him, so that leaves Thornton or Mcquaid.... If he's in the line-up theres a good chance he will find a dance party just hope hes ready....
Good point. Chara loves to fight guys much smaller. I doubt he will feel very chivalrous against Scott. He'll probably ask Thorton to take that one.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad